Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone willing to tell me a little about their experience being banded and pregnant?

Hi, I would love to talk to a few people (either via email, phone or in person) who are banded and who are pregnant or have been pregnant while banded. Please reply to this thread or send me a private message if you wouldn't mind talking with me about your experience.

I'm curious specifically about:

* The ease of getting pregant while banded

* The ability to get enough nutrition for the baby while banded

* Labor with the band. Is it more difficult? Can you have a normal C section delivery when you're banded?

* How the port reacts when pregnant. Does the port cause problems as your stomach grows larger when you're pregnant?

I'm looking into having the surgery and would like to have children sometime in the future so I'm gathering information now.

Thanks so much!

* The ease of getting pregant while banded

I got pregnant the first cycle we tried

* The ability to get enough nutrition for the baby while banded

I had to get half the liquid take out of my band at 15 weeks. I was having trouble keeping food down

* Labor with the band. Is it more difficult? Can you have a normal C section delivery when you're banded?

This will be my third c/s, but first band baby. My c/s is scheduled like normal. Both my OB and band dr see no issues about having a c/s.

* How the port reacts when pregnant. Does the port cause problems as your stomach grows larger when you're pregnant?

My belly is pretty big now and I have had no issues with my port. You can easily feel it since everything is getting smashed in there.

Best of luck to you!

Sent you a private msg..feel free to contact me :smile2:

I have been banded for 7 years. I have 2 children and a third on the way, with my first it took 6 months to get pregnant but then I miscarried, I got pregnant again 3 months later, I had pretty bad morning sickness and had it all taken out which was a mistake. I gained 75 lbs with that pregnancy. I had a normal vaginal delivery no problems, i also breastfeed for the first year and had no problems with my band or port, I lost all my weight after about a year i got pregnant again on my first cycle we tried, that time I had them take half out and I gained about 50 lb. with that pregnancy but I had some put back when my dr said I was gaining to much, my delivery went just fine again and no band problems I lost the weight quicker and still had enough food intake to breastfeed her also, this time I'm 6 weeks pregnant and have had back pain nausea and throwing up however I just had some taken out and my back pain is gone and I'm not nearly as nauseous I'm hoping to only gain about 30 lbs this time. Hope this helped

I have been banded for 7 years. I have 2 children and a third on the way, with my first it took 6 months to get pregnant but then I miscarried, I got pregnant again 3 months later, I had pretty bad morning sickness and had it all taken out which was a mistake. I gained 75 lbs with that pregnancy. I had a normal vaginal delivery no problems, i also breastfeed for the first year and had no problems with my band or port, I lost all my weight after about a year i got pregnant again on my first cycle we tried, that time I had them take half out and I gained about 50 lb. with that pregnancy but I had some put back when my dr said I was gaining to much, my delivery went just fine again and no band problems I lost the weight quicker and still had enough food intake to breastfeed her also, this time I'm 6 weeks pregnant and have had back pain nausea and throwing up however I just had some taken out and my back pain is gone and I'm not nearly as nauseous I'm hoping to only gain about 30 lbs this time. Hope this helped

Hi, This is my first post. I was banded 11-06 and got pregnant with my 5th son in Sept 2007. No problems getting pregnant always do when I lose weight. I didn't have any problems with the band while pregnant but did have my whole fill taken out at 6 weeks. Gained 30lbs with my pregnancy not bad for me. I had my 4th c-section with him wasn't any different then when I didn't have the band. Good luck more then likely you won't have any problems. Although after the baby get back to your dr as soon as you can and get a fill I gained 20lbs after he was born and I shouldn't have. Jenny