Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3 month band anniversary!! how are the July Bandsters doing??

Today marks 3 months since Iv gotten my band..its been a struggle the past month and half since I havnt hit good restriction yet. Iv had my good days and bad days. I have lost 35lbs and am happy about that but feel like its been going soooooo slow now. My doctor only does fills every 6 weeks and not before and those 6 weeks feel like 6 months..bandster hell IS NO JOKE!!..I am so glad I did this but I guess I didn't understand how long it could take to hit restriction. I read alot before my surgery but I learned everyone is so different and I really didnt know what to expect until I had it done. If there is anyone out there that has been through a rough few months but than got restriction and the weight came off quicker and easier...Please let me know! Id love to have you rewind the clock for me and let me know how you made it through and when you really started dropping the weight! Will help keep me motivated! Also how are all the July bandsters doing??:wink2:

I made three months on 10/26 and so far so good I suppose. I am 25 pounds down and the last month has been tough. I only have alittle restriction so like you said its a slow process. I realize I need to get focused in the gym and it might help to speed the process along.

Good luck fellow July bandster!

Hey Mo, Im glad Im not the only one struggling a little. I go the gym 3-4x a week and Im sure its helping but not as much as I would like. I think for me it more so being consistant with my eating I dont measure and I really think I need to do plus this past week I eat way more than I should have its the first time since surgery that I ate like that and I felt really down on myself ...so frustrating..I want that restriction that you hear so much about on here...just didnt realize it might take me 6 months to get there...but one day at a time I guess!

Nicole, I am exactly where you are!

I was banded Aug.3, and have lost 34 pounds by sheer will.

Still that is 10 pounds a month, and you really don't want to loose more than that or your skin will be wrinkly and loose!

I also have to wait 23 days to get my next fill, and those are going to be really long days. I guess we both kinda have to slow down and take it one day at a time ( I know really corny, but it's true)!

I did check out your blog and got a good chuckle about your bad day! Been there done that!

Well all for now!

~Kelly~:thumbup:

Im kinda in the same boat. I was banded the 22nd of July. I received one fill that was extremely painful as my port was in the process of flipping, he had to have stuck me 10+ times under xray. I went back in to get another fill and my port was completely flipped so I am waiting to get that fixed before I can get any more fills. So it has been slow going with only one fill. I know it is a pretty normal and simple complication to fix but it is so frustrating. I have only lost 20lbs to date but I guess that is 20 I didn't gain.

here we are, all in the same boat!

i was banded august 13th and am experiencing all the same things.

I haven't really lost any weight since the initial weight loss from the presurgery diet and post surgery pain.

I am going in for my second fill tomarrow. Im really excited. So far i havn't really even been able to tell i have a band in. I feel absolutley no restriction and can eat like i did before surgery.

I tell my friends and family that i can't wait for the first time i throw up. haha, i just want to feel like this band has done something!

Keep up the work and dont get discouraged. Victory will come soon enough!

I was banded on September 3rd and I have to tell you...i'm so happy to see this thread! I've been feeling so bad that I'm just STUCK and have been at a standstill now for the past 3 weeks no matter WHAT I do! I've lowered and raised calories...added and varied workouts..I'm even working out every single day...and can't get the scale to change. I see all of the success that people are having and get so frustrated thinking that I've GOT to be doing something wrong. It makes me feel a little better and more hopeful to see that I'm not alone and that others have been going through it as well. I KNOW that i'll have success at this.....but you sure do feel alone when you think that you are the only one not seeing any big losses or consistent losses this early in the game.

7/20 here and yes some days I feel crazy about this! But I keep telling myself slower is better, for my skin and my brain. I've lost 36 lbs and that's good. If it weren't for the band I probably would have gained 10 lbs the past 3 months.

Hang in there we'll get to restriction soon!

Hi Nicole! Thanks for starting this thread! It is so good to know where everyone else that were banded around the same time as us are doing. It helps to know that everyone is going through the same thing and we aren't alone in our struggles! For everyone else (as Nicole knows my story) I was banded 7/22 and I have lost 25 pounds so far. I wish it were more, but need to be happy with what it is since I can honestly say I have not worked as hard at it as I should/could have been. I have had 2 fills so far and have some restriction, but nowhere near the sweet spot yet. I am hoping the 3rd fill gets me closer to where I want to be. I do have problems with bread and Pasta most of the time. French fries are now my enemy. (I guess that is a good thing) I don't make the best food choices all the time, that is one of my problems, along with not exercising like I should. But I am trying to stay positive and hope that with each fill I will get closer to restriction and will eventually get to ONEDERLAND! :) Good luck everyone!

Banded on 7/21/10. I have lost 35 pounds also and am feeling all the same things al you all. But today i was getting in the shower and put a towel on before hand at it finally fit ALL the way around me. YAH. Now that's what I'm talking about. Sometimes I get so upset and feel like I'm not losing and then something unexpected like that happens and it makes my day. We all need to give ourselves a little more credit.:)

Didn't know there was a July group! YAY!!!

I was banded on 7/29/2010 and I'm down 60 pounds. Couldn't be more happy, love the band, everything. I'm starting to see it myself in my pics. :)

this is so encouraging. Just got banded yesterday. Good to the see all your great results.

Thanks Everyone...Im glad to know Im not alone either but it looks like we are are doing good just friggin hungry and trying not to fall off the wagon! We will get there I have hope:)

I was banded on July 21st, and as of today, November 5th, I am down 40 pounds since day of surgery (not including pre-op weight loss fyi). But I must say I have followed a textbook diet and worked out faithfully 4 days a week since July. I am not being "coy" when I say I just don't see the weight loss in the mirror, but I do seeit in my clothing, and of course the compliments from others make me feel good. Right now I think my last fill was too tight and I'm trying to ride it out before going back in to have it loosened. The feeling I get when eating anything is awful though I will say. Just my experience....

:smile2:

Thanks Everyone...Im glad to know Im not alone either but it looks like we are are doing good just friggin hungry and trying not to fall off the wagon! We will get there I have hope:)

Hi

I was banded July 7th. I get my 3rd fill this coming Friday and am hoping for good restriction. My doctor is conservative on fills which is something I appreciate. He fills slowly which allows me to get used to the new feel of it each time. I have some restriction but have not gotten to the sweet spot.

Im finally feeling pretty good most of the time, now. This is only a recent development.

Does anyone else have the sensation of a tight bra around your ribs? My doctor says I am particularly sensitive to the band and he thinks that is what I am feeling.

I am starting to lose some hair. Not clumps, but definitely lots of strands all over. I understand this can happen with any surgery or shock to the system -- so will be waiting it out.

One thing I especially like -- I can eat pretty much all organic! I could not afford to do that before the band, but now that I don't eat very much I can buy organic.

I still do buy non-organic items like Protein Drinks and Safeway's turkey pot roast.

I love eating out and taking most of the meal home to divide into several more meals. My friends are very matter of fact about my restrictions and just take them in stride. No big deal.

I'm happy about my decision for this surgery.

July Butterflys -- Take wing!!

:)

love, hiddn:thumbup: