Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How many of you take Synthroid?

I'm trying to figure out how long I should really wait in between my Synthroid and my Vitamins. I know you aren't supposed to take them at the same time but how many hours apart should they be?

I've been taking a Multivitamin and an extra B complex. Can I take the multi at night and the B complex in the am with my Synthroid?

I usually take my thyroid medication when I get up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom. Anywhere between 1-4 am. This way it doesn't interfere with anything else going into my system. If you get up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom try that.

Okay I think I found my answer in this link. It looks like you CAN take B complex with Synthroid just not Multivitamins.

Can thyroid supplements be taken with food, Vitamins, Iron, or other minerals?

My Synthroid comes from Caremark mail order and their pharmacists will answer your questions but you have to stay on hold FOREVER and then half the time they are hard to understand. If it weren't for that I'd just ask my pharmacist.

I was told to take synthroid on an empty stomach. Nexium, too. At least an hour before food. So I take them around 5-6 AM when I get up to use the bathroom.

I was also told not to take the generic form of synthroid - that it doesn't work as well.

I have been on synthroid for 30 years.

Checked with my doc - I take mine with a sip of Water when I get up in the morning...then I have my coffee(black). I don't usually eat my first meal of the day for an hour to an hour and a half after I get up. The rule per my doc is no food or Calcium supplements for 30-45 minutes after taking my thyroid meds -food that contain calcium; milk, cheese is okay after the 30-45 minute window.

As a rule, I was told no Vitamins for at least 4 hours after taking my thyroid medication for proper absorption. It works for me since I take my med in the morning and my other meds and vitamins at night.

I take the Vitamins at night and the synthroid in the am that way i know they are far enough apart from each other.

Ive been on synthroid for 2 years and my dr told me your suppose to take on a empty stomach but it doesnt really matter. Never heard about not taking with Vitamins. So I take it in the morning with Breakfast and vitamines and my tsh levels are always normal???

I take the generic of Synthroid (Levothyroxine) and you're not supposed to take any Vitamins for 4 hours after you take your Synthroid (Levothyroxine). I even have asked about any other meds, like ibuprofen and was told to wait at least 3-4 hours before taking that after my thyroid meds. Good luck to you.

P.S. I'm having to get labwork done, because of my weight loss, my thyroid levels are off. I can tell, because I've been having some symptoms of that.

I wait at least an hour after my synthroid before taking any other pill. I take the synthroid when I first get up in the morning with a little Water, then drink my coffee - then wait half an hour after coffee and have breakfast.

The issue with thyroid meds is not generic versus synthroid. It is the fact that different brands may not compound at the same level. All the brands will work - but try to stay on the same brand. That was bhy I had my prescription written for synthroid. Pharmacies may change a generic to get the best cost - by staying with the name brand, you avoid this issue.

I wait at least an hour after my synthroid before taking any other pill. I take the synthroid when I first get up in the morning with a little Water, then drink my coffee - then wait half an hour after coffee and have breakfast.

The issue with thyroid meds is not generic versus synthroid. It is the fact that different brands may not compound at the same level. All the brands will work - but try to stay on the same brand. That was bhy I had my prescription written for synthroid. Pharmacies may change a generic to get the best cost - by staying with the name brand, you avoid this issue.

When after 23 years on Synthroid (the last couple generic), at the same dosage my blood results were all over the place - my PCP couldn't find a new dosage that worked. One was too much, the other too little. So I went to an endocrinologist. He said not to take generic synthroid, only the name brand, and to take it on an empty stomach.

After some tweaking of dosages, I found that I have to take 2 synthroid pills of different strengths to get the right dosage.

I will not use generic synthroid again. For me it didn't work.

I take synthroid. I take it in the morning before I eat (at least 30 minutes). I'm bad at consistently taking Vitamins, but when I take them, I take them at night so nothing conflicts. I haven't gotten blood work for my synthroid levels anytime lately, so I'm not sure if what I'm doing is effective. I should probably have some blood work done soon.

I've been on both Synthroid and the Levothyroxine and have waited an hour before eating and waited for 4 hrs after taking each.