Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Baby food really ????????

Like people are saying .. yogurt, mashed potatos, cottage cheese, Soup, blend some salsa, refried Beans, soft scrambled eggs, and so on.

Baby food is disgusting. I tried it when my husband got his gastric bypass last year and rebought some different flavors and brands after my surgery and blegh. I fed them to my dogs.

Seriously? :thumbup:

What's the deal with people hating baby food? I can completely understand the savoury ones being disgusting, but the fruit ones are just fruit puree with no added sugar or preservatives!

Hey Firechic,

I'm three days pre-op from sugery, and my nutritionist recomended the whole baby food thing when it came to the mushy stage.... and I actually took a stroll down the baby food isle at the local grocery store and decided not to even try it. I will just use a stick blender or food processer to puree whatever I need... There just weren't that many that were appealing and they all looked bland!!!!!

Hey there I got a kick just thinking of you looking at baby food in the store a big cowboy looking guy like yourself. I guess when your use to the pet isle it's a foreign country looking at those jars thinking how the heck do they do that in a jar. It looking like thanksgiviving in a jar that brown mush...how can that be possible. lol

Like people are saying .. yogurt, mashed potatos, cottage cheese, Soup, blend some salsa, refried Beans, soft scrambled eggs, and so on.

Baby food is disgusting. I tried it when my husband got his gastric bypass last year and rebought some different flavors and brands after my surgery and blegh. I fed them to my dogs.

Thats funny I dont think my dogs would eat that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Baby food is just mushed up fruit and oatmeal sometimes with less sugar and no additives :thumbup: How is it repulsive?
Well, my doctor's regimen omits oatmeal and fruit--he's a Protein guy.

Have you ever smelled baby food meat? Even babies don't like it!

Oatmeal and fruit, I'd be fine with. But I'm 9 months out and still haven't added oatmeal back in!

Well, my doctor's regimen omits oatmeal and fruit--he's a Protein guy.

Have you ever smelled baby food meat? Even babies don't like it!

Oatmeal and fruit, I'd be fine with. But I'm 9 months out and still haven't added oatmeal back in!

Ahhh, I see LOL. The meat thing - nooo, I'd avoid that at all costs lol. I gagged when I smelt even the savoury cheesebake one without meat in it :thumbup:

The custard ones taste like pumpkin Soup - vom.

The savoury ones - I've learnt my lesson with those lol. I just keep with the fruity ones.

The oats are well blended, I don't think there's much in there. I think it's just used to thicken it. I was eating that one when I was on mushies and was fine with it. I'm not sure if you can buy those ones where you live though coz I'm in Australia. You can get Jello ones too that are fruity and they're quite nice.

I like them better than the fruit purees because those ones I find are pretty sugary and at times I'm too lazy to puree my own fruit :smile2:

But yeah, I see what you mean with the savoury ones. I feel so sorry for babies who have to eat that garbage. :(

Hey there I got a kick just thinking of you looking at baby food in the store a big cowboy looking guy like yourself. I guess when your use to the pet isle it's a foreign country looking at those jars thinking how the heck do they do that in a jar. It looking like thanksgiviving in a jar that brown mush...how can that be possible. lol

Gerber Turkey with Turkey Gravy for me... no way!!! Looks like Thanksgiving dinner for me will be a little turkey with a little giblet gravy beat to death in a food proccesser and maybe a little sugar free cranberry sauce on the side.... heck I might ever treat myself with a couple small bites of sweet potato pie!!!!:thumbup:

I never ate baby food and I never put anything in the blender that I normally wouldn't. Things like yogurt smoothies, yes blender. Putting meat, Pasta or anything like that in the blender ..... no way.

I never ate baby food. I just made sure I really, really chewed my food, so it was good to go down.