Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sept bandsters Group??

Hey u guyz ..

:thumbup:

was wondering if u guyz were instrested in making a group where we exchange our expriences, feelings, worries and weight loss:thumbup:..

that would be great so all get to help and learn from each other ^.^

Yes yes yes!!!!

I would love that a lot. Kind of a sisterhood of the incredible shrinking septembers. I still have not figured how to get one of those trackers on my page, i will keep trying.

Keep in touch. My name is deborah.

Hi gang!!!!

hey ..

lol never thougt i'd get a reply !!

it's a piece of cake can make u one if u want ?

will do ^.^

so when when were u banded and how has it been so far??

im still trying to figure out what to eat and to make it work right ,,, starting with protien shakes cuz i've been tol they fill u up and u need em anyhow :) ..

Hey girls, I was banded Sept. 27th and I worried. Because I've only lost 20 pounds. My Dr. used a 10 cc bad and I have had one fill of 3.5 cc but I have never had any problems. I know I should be happy about that but I want to lose the weight faster and I really don't feel like I have any restriction. How fast are you losing?

Hi~

I was banded on Sept 27th as well - and have seemed to hit a wall. I've read other posts that this is normal when you start eating normal food but I am discouraged. I've had one fill - 3cc in a 10cc band, and do not feel any restriction. I'm scheduled for the 2nd fill Dec 2nd.

I'm having more issues with the head hunger the past couple weeks which I think is related to stress.

I'm looking forward to chating with you all - and sharing our experiences.

Good luck on your journey~

Trish

HI EVERYONE:thumbup:

I'M GLAD TO SEE OTHERS ARE CONFUSED BY THIS WHOLE THING. I WAS BANDED ON THE 29TH AN THOUGHT I THOUGHT I WOULD GO HOME AND START LOSING WEIGHT BUT, INSTEAD I'M BACK TO EATING THE SAME OR MORE:frown: BECAISE I'M STRESSED OUT. I SEE MY DR, ON NOV22/10 AND HOPE TO GET A FILL THAT WILL GIIVE ME RESTRICTION. I'M GOING TO JAMAICA ON DEC13/10 SO I WOULD LIKE TO LOSE SOME WEIGHT BEFORE THEN. HAVE FAITH EVERYONE, WE WILL GET THERE.

2684223.png

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Edited by debidecor

:crying: Well hello my ladies.....I was banded sept 29th one fill on Oct 26th. lost almost 18 lbs and it has stopped. I go back next week to Doc. I too can eat alot if i wanted. I am trying really hard to not eat crap. I started the couch to 5K today. whoohoo lets see if exercising will see any difference in the scale. I am right here with all yall....lets stick together!!

From Couch to 5k - Running Tips, Ideas, and Plans for Couch Potatoes and Inexperienced Runners

:)Theresa

I too was banded on the 29th. I lost 14 lbs at my 6 week check up today. Seems low but I'm still happy. I had nothing in my band and had my first fill today. The dr put 5cc's in my 10cc band. Clear Liquids today mushies tomorrow then regular food on wed. I need to exercise more but I just don't have the motivation :)

Hi everyone

i read the entry from one of our group telling about going for her fill and not having any moatavation. Well i am not a preacher gut, when i read that i remember myself saying the same thing. Then by mistake a doctor crippled me in a hip revision surgery. I would give anything to strap on some headphones and go rocking around 10 blocks if possible. Try to make it fun. Ask for the wii party for christmas. It has all kinds of dance and exercises on it.

Like i said i am not preaching. God knows i have made every excuse in the book.

Tonight i past a new store in our town. It is selling the most beutiful wedding gows and party dresses i have ever seen. Trust me i came hom knowing full well i will be visiting that store in the near future, and i will be leaving with the most sexiest dress i can find.

Best of luck you guys,

debi

prior weight 307

pre op 301

weight.png

present 294

Edited by debidecor

:tt2:

Hey U guyz ..

well seems like everyones going through the same being able to eat issue !! ..

been reading alot out of the post-ops, and yeah it seems like most of em went thro it, and being able to eat is normel after the swelling is gone ,, not to mention that even after having the first filll U might still be able to eat .. that works diff for one person to another so it normally works out bwtween 3rd to 6th fill to get to resir ..

yup i am able to eat but not more then what i use to pre-op, im comparing it to what my banded sis has and to what im supose to so yeah it's still too much ,, and it made freak out cuz i just want this to work out sooo bad!

ok so i got my first fill and it didn't quite make any diff so i waited for a week and same thing nothing changed so i called my Dr and he said i can have another fill after a week so 2 weeks after my first one :thumbup: that i will do and it gave me such a relief just knowing i would..

trying to control what im having

:( .. staying away from junks but still need to work on lowering my carbs more and foucsing of my protiens ,, >> waiting for my injury protien to arrive << cuz i feel like a big part of whats gonna help me out is the protien shake + my body needs it ..

any good protien shakes u guyz tried out yet?? or Vitamins ?

plus what have u guyz been eating as a healthy balanced still yummy :lol2: diet?

oh yeah i've been trying to slow maybe thats what we should do more ,, eat slower !:wink5:

XOXO

OH AND DEBI U WILL GET THAT DRESS ;)

HI GANG:thumbup:

YOU WERE ASKING ABOUT THE Protein Shakes. I USE THE SLIMFAST shakes. WHAT I DO IS POUR 1 shake INTO 2 GLASSES AND PUT THEM IN THE FREZEER UNTIL THEY ARE FROZEN. THEN I TAKE IT OUT AT MEAL TIME AND SCRAPE THEM LIKE A FREEZIE. I KNOW IT SOUNDS SILLY ,BUT THAT WAY IT TAKES ME SOME TIME TO EAT IT AND IT IS A REFRESHING DRINK. YOU DON'T GET THAT FUNNY TASTE SOME OF THE Protein SHAKES HAVE. OTHER THAN THAT I AM JUST TRYING TO BE A GOOD GIRL AND EAT THE RIGHT FOODS. LOL:tt1: THATS ALL FOR NOW.

STAY FOCASED AND HAVE A SKINNY DAY. LOL

DEBI

:) will do..

Sounds great should try that out if drinking wont work out for me ,, hope it would tho cuz i love drinking stuff during the day ..

u guyz some of my 1 year ago clothes fitt YAAAAAAAAY! :cool2:

THAT MADE ME JUMP UP AND DOWN AND OH WELL GAVE ME THIS LIGHTER THEN A FEATHER FEELING :wink2:

havent felt this happy for ages and finally for once in my life im heading to losing and not to gaining ,,

ok so i have to admit that i had a small piece of Godiva which i tried avoid but yet could not resist ! ,, will have to work on will power a bit more .. emmmm yup a bit floppy allready and thats not what im aiming for, i don't wanna fix a problem with another and even tho i've considered surgery as for arm lifting in the future if working out doesnt help ,, but still i wanna try doing my best cuz surgery is more likely my last resort..

I know i should be eating less but mainlly been trying to control what i eat ,, so im learning everyday and hoping i'll get there soon ,, it's a new and diff life style that i need to adapt with :wink2: so do u guyz..

anyways ,, im happy feel light and self confedent allready! LMAO :angry: OH YEAH ..

XOXO

Edited by Hard2Ctrl

can't wait for my 2nd fill tomorrow cuz i soo need it ,,

and need to stop craving stuff ,,

:( bad me bad ..

hard2ctrl: How did your fill go? How are you feeling?

foxracing: My dr put 3cc's in on my first fill...tomorrow morning I go in to get my second fill. How are you feeling since your fill?

where is everyone...

I went on a camping trip this weekend, did really good on my choices when it came to food....but today I was actually up 2 lbs. So I think i need to control my portions since im choosing Protein first and not eating the potatoes and bread stuff. I will check in tomorrow...hope everyone else comes back to keep us updated.

Thanks Hard2Cntl for starting this Sept thread. Hi everyone who was banded in September 2010. I was banded on 9/17.

To date, I've lost 24 lbs and had my first fill on 10/28 (3cc in a 10cc band). Like others who have commented, I still don't feel the restriction that I thought I would feel. Worst of all, my weight loss seems to have slowed to a crawl.

My 2nd fill is scheduled for mid December. In some ways I'm glad it is scheduled for after Thanksgiving as I want to enjoy Thanksgiving - although I know it will have to be in moderation. However, I am worried about my lack of restriction and my slow weight loss.

I, too, struggle with exercise. I try to exercise at the gym but some days I just don't feel up to it. I try to get past that but I don't always win (and ultimately don't go to the gym - bummer!). I try to exercise 5 days a week but don't always do that much.

It makes me feel better that a lot of other September bandsters seem to have the same control, weight loss and exercise issues as me. Thanks everyone for sharing. It is so much better to know that we are not alone! We can do this!:thumbup:

Maxi