Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

is it not good to have no restrictions?

i got my first fill and i can eat everything that i have wanted to try. i have no problems swallowing it no food gets stuck. what is suppose to be normal when you eat i guess i should ask. or am i a lucky person that i don't have problems. i only have 2 1/2 cc inside my band.

I am glad you are not having any problems. You don't say how your hunger is. If your feeling pretty hungry, hang in there. The first fill usually doesn't do the trick. It took me 3. If your not hungry great, you are one of the lucky ones.

i am doing good on the hunger thing i ate a meal at applebees the weight watcher meal only 500 calories at 11 am today and still fell full i am not starving i drink a little Water if i get that maybe i should eat something feel. it is almost 5 pm here

I came out of surgery with 3cc's. My first fill was 1cc. I could eat anything I wanted to also, but I (MOST of the time) stayed at the 3 or 4 oz of Protein and 1/2 cup of veggies that my Doctor recommends.

I know another long term bandster who says she doesn't gauge her restriction by how much she can eat.. but by how little she can eat and stay satisfied (not full.. there's a difference) for 4 hours.

Sounds like you're doing pretty good. Stay with it. :smile:

Having no restriction is typically a bad thing - as you are forced to eat more food in order to feel full....so if you are needing a lot more than a cup of food at a meal to be satisfied until the next meal...I would say that is a bad thing, in my view. Maybe bad is not the word, but it is not optimal - you want to get your band to the place where you are not getting hungry at all between meals and you are only eating around a cup or so quantity wise per meal....this is when you have found your sweet spot and will start to see steady weight loss.

Hang in there - you are doing great!

It is sooo ironic that this topic showed up after I logged in today, because this was the very topic that I wanted to question. I was banded on 9/7/10 and had my first fill on 10/7/10 and I absolutely feel NO RESTRICTION at all. This entire weekend(starting Saturday until now)......I have ran a complete muck!!!!! I have eaten everything......Red Velvet cupcakes, peach cobbler, nachos etc.......and no problems. I currently have 2.2 cc in my band. I have an appt with my Surgeon on Nov.4th and I definately will need to be adjusted. Will definately keep u posted.

thank goodness I'm not the only one feeling this way! It's like no surgery ever happened - except for all red scars on my fish white belly. I hope my second fill will be the one to make the difference.

Good luck and stay away from the carbs! (my weakness)

I was banded in late May and felt little or no restriction until my last fill (5th) two weeks ago. Until that time I ate foods that were good for me but I could eat a lot. Now I can eat only small amounts and not get hungry for four to six hours. I still have an occasional treat but never overdo it. I try to stay away from sweets because they are just empty calories and part of the reason that I weighed so much. Stick with the program and you will reach your "green zone" and the journey will become easier.