Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just about a month and already discouraged

It will be amonth on the 14th and I am only down 22 pounds.. all of which was preop and maybe 6 post op. I am already discouraged with the lack of wt. loss and find myself already slipping back into old habits. Another week until my 1st fill... am hoping that will be the shot in the arm (or belly) to get it together and work with this band as I should. I hate to think I went thru all this for 20 something pounds..

22 lbs in a month is pretty good. That is about what I lost my first month. I was banded June 28 and have lost 44 lbs. You just need to be patient. It isn't magic it is a tool to help you still need to make good choices and exercise and believe me it will come off. Good luck.

I was banded the 7th of Sept and, including pre-op, have lost just under 27lbs. I, too, was feeling discouraged, but I had to tell myself this is a process, not a miracle.

I am using this team to teach myself to approach food differently and adjust my eating habits so that way when the "restriction" finally happens, I will be ready.

I have faith in myself and I believe in you, too. Afterall, we didn't submit ourselves to this to give up so easily!

It will be amonth on the 14th and I am only down 22 pounds.. all of which was preop and maybe 6 post op. I am already discouraged with the lack of wt. loss and find myself already slipping back into old habits. Another week until my 1st fill... am hoping that will be the shot in the arm (or belly) to get it together and work with this band as I should. I hate to think I went thru all this for 20 something pounds..

I know I'll probably get flamed for being to harsh, but what in the world were you expecting??? I'm sick of all the people that come here on LBT with unrealistic expectations. All you do is discourage others who don't know better.

The numbers you are reporting are perfectly normal, in fact probably better than average.

The lapband is not some kind of instant fix. It is a tool that you need to work with in order to achieve the results you are looking for.

The only way I can think of to lose weight faster than the rate you are would be to amputate a limb or two...

I had lost about that amount of weight at the SIX MONTH mark, because it takes a while to get restriction, which is how the band works. As you can see from my ticker, I did lose the weight, I just had to put in the time and let the band and the fills work. Did you research the surgery before you had it? It isn't a quick fix...

I've been banded just under 2 months and have lost 25lbs so far. I understand how you feel but losing more is really unrealistic, your body is not going to let the weight just fall off instantly. You will have plateaus, days maybe weeks where you will lose nothing. Stick it out and try not to worry it will come off eventually. Don't worry I don't listen to my own advice but have a friend who got banded 1 week before me to bring me back down to earth when I start stressing about not losing as much as I want to. Also when was the last time you lost 22lbs in 1 month? Without feeling like you were starving to death?

Those of you flaming... the poster says

Lost 22 pounds, most were PRE-OP, only down 6 pounds after 1 month POST-OP

During your recovery period (4-6 weeks) after surgery it is not uncommon to lose slowly, if anything. Your body is still healing and you should realistically expect to lose 1-2 pounds a week when banded.

Don't give up. I was really discouraged at first..I wouldn't lose any weight for 2-3 weeks at a time then lose 7-10lb(weird) my next weigh in...I haved averaged 10 or so pounds a month...although the last 3 only 3 pounds a month. I am down 102 not quite a year after being banded. Good Luck !:smile2: