Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Bandsters (Early Xmas present)

Hello,

Jess~ I was a diet soda addict! I haven't had any in 8 days and I don't miss it. I have really enjoyed iced tea with lemon or a little Crystal Light. I am glad to hear you had a bit and had lost your taste for it. :D

Vicky~ My date is the second also. I am in Albuquerque.

I have lost 6# on the preop diet. I ate a Thanksgiving dinner but jumped right back to the preop diet yesterday.

I am working on getting my house and Christmas shopping/decorating in order before my surgery date.

Have a great day, Joan

That's so surprising, the pre-op is suppose to shrink your liver so that's its easier to operate. My doc is making me do that as well but I don't have a surgery date yet. My last appointment is Dec. 6, then we can submit to insurance. Funny though, my PCP will not sign off for lapband......Still trying to figure out, since she has my history...

That's so surprising, the pre-op is suppose to shrink your liver so that's its easier to operate. My doc is making me do that as well but I don't have a surgery date yet. My last appointment is Dec. 6, then we can submit to insurance. Funny though, my PCP will not sign off for lapband......Still trying to figure out, since she has my history...

I know he did tell me in the initial consult that I had to lose 20lbs., but in the same breath he told me that he is known for preforming the surgery without the weight loss. Funny, huh? Anyway I'm approved and if all goes as scheduled I'm set for Dec. 3.

I guess different Doc's have different requirements and that's not the first time, I've heard of some surgeons not requiring the Pre-op. The only thing that's good about it is I guess it's preparation for what you'll really be doing after the surgery which is controlled eating anyway. I've lost about 9lbs in the last 2 weeks just by increasing my Water.

I hate water..with a passion, but I'd gained a couple of pounds during my six month and the nutritionist said, that I probably would want to lose about 10 so I don't get denied. I drink about 1.5 liters a day, which is a lil over 60 oz.....it keeps me in the bathroom but I do notice that I am not as hungry....

I am hoping that I get a late Dec date because I'm on vacation from work..and since I am not telling anyone, it'll be the perfec topportunity to not have people think I did something outside of watching what I eat. I need to lose at least 140 or 150....

How about you?

I guess different Doc's have different requirements and that's not the first time, I've heard of some surgeons not requiring the Pre-op. The only thing that's good about it is I guess it's preparation for what you'll really be doing after the surgery which is controlled eating anyway. I've lost about 9lbs in the last 2 weeks just by increasing my Water.

I hate water..with a passion, but I'd gained a couple of pounds during my six month and the nutritionist said, that I probably would want to lose about 10 so I don't get denied. I drink about 1.5 liters a day, which is a lil over 60 oz.....it keeps me in the bathroom but I do notice that I am not as hungry....

I am hoping that I get a late Dec date because I'm on vacation from work..and since I am not telling anyone, it'll be the perfec topportunity to not have people think I did something outside of watching what I eat. I need to lose at least 140 or 150....

How about you?

I on the other hand LOVE Water. I guess I drink about two liters a day on a normal day. I would ideally like to lose at least 150lbs, so we are in the same boat. So, we got quite a way to go. I have told everybody I'm getting the surgery. I'm not very secretive when it comes to these matters. Everybody has been very supportive of my desicion, including my father who was worried at first. My wife who is getting the surgery done pretty soon too, decided to tell her sister only. Not doing the pre-op diet or anything I have managed to lose 10lbs. Pretty good for someone who is not dieting, huh????

I am scheduled to have the Lap-Band on Dec. 15th. Im a little nervous about it but reading the post on this website has helped alot!..

I have one question though.. can someone explain to me how to add the ticker to my profile please? :smile2:

I'd like to know the same thing! I went and created one, just can't figure out how to get it on my posts. :huh:

Hi everyone.

New to this board. But, I am going to be banded on the 2nd! I am ready to be on the other end of this journey you could say.

Hi everyone.

New to this board. But, I am going to be banded on the 2nd! I am ready to be on the other end of this journey you could say.

Welcome, Judy! There are several of us here who are going to be banded on the 2nd!

Mine is tentatively Dec 20th so it will be an early Christmas gift to myself!! And I can't wait to start the New Year as a new ME!! My wife is just as excited as I am about it. She is also more scared than me. I'm not telling anyone else but her.

I will also be banded on Dec 20th. I can't wait to start my new life.

This is the best Christmas gift to myself. I'm so excited about my new journey.:D

Before they made the changes to the board we used to get Email notifications when a new response and now i get nothing i am angry...so how is everyone doing? we all should be on or starting our liquid diets, mine starts Wed and toinight is pizza night, then leftover Turkey on Monday and my moms awesome turkey Soup Tuesday not looking forward to this diet but i have to do it

Hello,

Judy~ I am scheduled for the 2nd, too! 4 days to go! :)

I have lost 8 #'s on my preop diet.

Joan

I know I kinda miss the email notifications as well. We are doing great thanks for asking.

You know I asked my mother in law to make her famous turkey Soup, so that I can filter the solids and have only the broth. I think that would be and awesome flavorfilled liquid alternative.

Hi Everyone! Here is my info...

Name: Stephanie

Band Date: December 22nd

Start weight: 206

Current weight: 204

Goal weight: 125

Favorite exercise: classes like zumba and step

Hobbies: reading, cooking, shopping, spending time with family

I know I kinda miss the email notifications as well. We are doing great thanks for asking.

You know I asked my mother in law to make her famous turkey Soup, so that I can filter the solids and have only the broth. I think that would be and awesome flavorfilled liquid alternative.

I never thought about filtering out the solids, Hmmm makes me think to buy another turkey freeze it till about 1.5-2wks after surgery, cook it up and make some more soup, and do the same filter it out cause it has stringy spinach in it, i just wonder if the tomatoe paste will irritate my stomach, they say the acid sometimes can cause an irritation...Mmmm or make turkey salad nice and fine...sounds yummy