Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How long did it take from the time you decided to get banded to your surgery date?

How long did it take for you to get all of your ducks in a row..Seminar, doct's apt's, insurance, ect?

I started looking into it the first part of June and was banded the first week of August. It would have been quicker than that but I had issues with my doc's insurance lady.

Information session was May 26, 2010. I could have had surgery on Sept. 8, 2010 except I had a 9 day cruise booked for Sept. 9th. Had surgery on 9/27/10. Note that my insurance did not have any requirements other then BMI above 40 or BMI equal to or greater than 35 in combination with one or more co-morbid conditions AND Psychiatric evaluation

About six months. I made my decision before the surgeon's seminar, had my first appointment a few weeks later, and had an insurance-mandated 3-month supervision. Paperwork was submitted, and I was approved about 5 months from the day I registered for the seminar. My surgery was not for an additional month, however (due to holidays).

One year minus four days!

Informational seminar 09/26/2009

Banded 09/22/2010

Technically 5 years. I attended a seminar in 2005. Our insurance didn't cover it and there was NO way I could've come up with it out of pocket. In Fall 2009 I switched to my husband's insurance because they covered it. In February 2010 My husbands employer switched insurance companys. So with the NEW insurance company I had a 6 month waiting period. Got that done, March thru August, filed in September and I will be banded October 13th. FINALLY!!! Although I won't truly believe that it is complete until I wake up and they say everything went FINE.

My "to-go" date as of now is November 8th. I attended my first seminar around November 15th of last year. Because of my HMO and medical group I was required to do a 6 month medically supervised diet (December thru May) then there was some delay from my PCP office (surprise surprise) on referrals and such. Just finished all my pre tests about 2 weeks ago and see the PCP tomorrow for my medical clearance. The final surgeon appt (next week), final insurance approval and 2 week pre op diet will put me there! :thumbup: Finally...

I attended a seminar late November 2009. 1st appointment with the surgeon was January 2010. My insurance required 6 months of medically supervised weight loss (7, actually). Approved in August 2010. Surgery was September 7, 2010. Down almost 27 lbs, including pre-op diet.

It took me about 3 months from the date of my first Dr. appointment to get everything together and get approval from my insurance company. My surgery is scheduled for 10/19. Good luck!

well i researched for about three years beforei finally decided. From there, i made an appointment and that took about three weeks to get in. From there it was about two months...oct 12 is the day!

5 months....I went to a couple different seminars in April of this year to choose a doctor. Then, I had the insurance hoops to jump through. Finally banded on Sept 30th!

Six weeks.

I'm starting the process right now, but its going fast. I went to the first seminar on 9/27 , I'm required to do a 3 month diet but I will be banded Mid to late December. So that's just 3 months! but it does depend on your insurance and what they require.

I went to the WLS seminar on June 15. Had my 1st doctors appointment on June 21, did the 3-month supervised diet. My surgery date is for October 15. I completed the 3-month diet in August, and was hoping to be banded in September, but my regular doctor took a little long to prepare the letter of medical necessity and that's what delayed my process.

I had my first consult April 4, 2010, and had all my requirements done for a Mid July surgery date, but I had a very hard time losing my pre-surgery weight. It was only 15 pounds. I was able to get 10 off, then I gained 3 more back, and my surgeon saw me in early September and said "You lost 7 pounds, that is great, keep it off and try to lose more and you will be fine" then they scheduled me for Sept 22nd.