Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

In Limbo Here....HELP!

Hey guys and gals! I am fairly new to Lap Band Talk and I have recently decided to stop dancing around the idea and go for the Band 100%. But now I am in a weird spot...I have decided to get the Band but we are switching insurances (new job) and it will take a little while to get the ball rolling. So, I was just wondering if anyone has tips from now until I get my Band. Anything to help me get through this time would be much appreciated! It feels like I've packed up my house and I'm waiting on the front porch for the moving truck to take me to my new and wonderful destination but the wait is agonizing!

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

I'm in the same spot, my insurance company requires a 6 month physician supervised weight loss program. So I've gotten my hopes up and now I have to wait. Also in the mean time I have to lose 5% of my current body weight. And as I'm sure everyone knows it's not that easy to lose weight when you're feeling anxious and disappointed. So I wish you good luck and let me know if you get any good advice. Right now the only thing that's keeping me going is the high I've gotten from losing 11lbs in a month. It wasn't easy but it's something to focus on.

I'm in the same boat, only I'm self-pay. The insurance wanted me to do the 6 month diet, but I don't have the patience... PLUS, I'd still have to pay out the 10k deductible. So paying $10,400 without insurance assistance just seems like a better idea for me.

I'm not really sure what I'm going to do while I wait... I guess we could go to stores and fantasize about all the misses (or juniors, if you prefer) sizes we'll fit into soon enough. :) OR, we could always start exercising!

Haha, I have been staying away from shopping as much as possible :smile: I like to lay in bed before I go to sleep and fantasize about being able to put my shoes on without grunting! :thumbup: I did medifast for about 7 months and lost 90lbs but gained almost all of it back. It has been about 5-6 months since I did the diet so I am hoping that the insurance company will take that. I am just getting so annoyed waiting! Thanks for your support and good luck!

My advice is to start walking now, however much you can. That will get you in the habit of it, will help you lose some weight before the surgery, and help you be healthier overall :smile:

Seriously, this is hard, but keeping a detailed food diary, subbing your Breakfast or lunch with a no carb shake and exercising daily will help so much. When I was pre-surgery I was on a liquid diet consisting purely of Protein shakes and I lost 20 pounds in a week and a half without even working out. Then I got the band, stayed on the diet for a week before mushies, and then I started exercising (walking) and I lost another 20 pounds within a month and a half. Just my suggestion. You can do this without the band until you actually get the band. The band changed my life, my mindset and erased my hopelessness but the actual weight loss came from me and my lifestyle changes.

Hope that helps you all. :smile: Email me if you need support.

I really understande your frustration. I ended up having to wait 8.5 months for surgery. If you are physically able to exercise I would start now. Put yourself in control. I think the more proactive you are the easier it is too wait (and I HATE waiting). Personally I lap swim everyday for an hour. It is much easier on your joints than walking (waterproof mp3 is a must!). I bought a fat lady swim dress and off I went. In the 20 months prior to surgery I lost 82 pounds from excerise and dieting.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Frugal

Welcome to Frugal Testing, where we are committed to revolutionizing the software testing landscape with our efficient and affordable solutions. As a pioneering company in this field, we understand the challenges faced by startups, small to medium-sized businesses and any organization working without budget constraints. Our mission is to deliver top-notch testing services that ensure the highest quality of software, all while keeping your costs in check.
      Frugal Testing offers a comprehensive suite of testing services tailored to meet diverse needs. Specializing in different types of testing including functional testing, automation testing, metaverse testing and D365 testing, we cover all bases to guarantee thorough software quality assurance. Our approach is not just about identifying bugs; it's about ensuring a seamless and superior user experience.
      Innovation is at the heart of what we do. By integrating the latest tools and technologies, many of which are cutting-edge open source solutions, we stay ahead in delivering efficient and effective testing services. This approach allows us to provide exceptional quality testing without the high costs typically associated with advanced testing methodologies.
      Understanding each client's unique needs is fundamental to our service delivery. At Frugal Testing, the focus is on creating customized testing strategies that align with specific business goals and budget requirements. This client-centric approach ensures that every testing solution is not only effective but also fully aligned with the client's objectives.
      Our team is our greatest asset. Composed of skilled professionals who are experts in the latest testing techniques and technologies, they bring dedication, expertise and a commitment to excellence in every project. This expertise ensures that our client’s software not only meets but often exceeds the highest standards of quality and performance.
      Frugal Testing is more than just a service provider; we are a partner in your success. With a blend of quality, innovation and cost-effectiveness, we are here to help you navigate the complexities of software testing, ensuring your product stands out in today's competitive market. 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • ChunkCat

I have no clue where to upload this, so I'll put it here. This is pre-op vs the morning of my 6 month appointment! In office I weight 232, that's 88 lbs down since my highest weight, 75 lbs since my surgery weight! I can't believe this jacket fit... I am smaller now than the last time I was this size which the surgeon found really amusing. He's happy with where I am in my weight loss and estimates I'll be around 200 lbs by my 1 year anniversary! My lowest weight as an adult is 195, so that's pretty damn exciting to think I'll be near that at a year. Everything from there will be unknown territory!!

· 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

You look amazing!!! 😻 you have been killing it!

2. NickelChip

Congratulations! You're making excellent progress and looking amazing!

3. BabySpoons

So proud of you Cat. Getting into those smaller size clothes is half the fun isn't it?. Keep up the good work!!!!

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

That's brilliant! You've done amazing!! I should probably think about changing my profile picture at some point. Mine is the doll from Squid Games. Ironically the whole premise of the show is about dodging death. We've both done that...

• eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches