Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sept. 2010 Bandsters !!!

H there South Dakota Girl, I about about with you in terms of lost 70, just getting to that mark. I also have had big periods of plateaue, some if it might be natural. but I think my plateaues go on too long- perhaps due to lazyness. I recently got a jump start by getting a fill- how many cc's do you have? - I have a 14cc band and have 9 in it now.

Also other things you could try is changing things in your diet. Eat at different times, raise your daily calories a couple times a week, and then lower and then have an average- so your system can't weigh lay you. Increase or change the excercise you are doing, or the time of day, change that. really tracking your carbs might reveal something too, try making sure your carbs stay below what they are- well unless they are already below say 40- but like if you are at 70 try to get them below 60, if they are at 60 try to get them below 50 but I wouldn't' go below 40 personally, that is very low indeed. also if you start tracking making sure you are getting like 65+ Protein grams a day. your body needs this and will go into self preservation mode. there is also something called a - um band test that involves basically doing a diet regime similar to if you got a fill- like liquid - then full liquid then soft protein etc. google it. that didn't help me but it slowed my hunger. these are just some ideas, but keep the faith, and also congratulate yourself on not gaining which is a big deal.

Hey everyone!

Lisa, I'm still hanging out around here, not sure who else is! Well, after a LONG plateau, I have finally gotten over it and am now sitting at 248. I finally found a doc who would listen to me for my thyroid medicine and feel like a MILLION BUCKS! Hope this finds you all having had a great holiday and geared up for the new year!

Erin

Oh Erin, I am so happy that things worked out this way and you are feeling better- yeah!!! Those plateaue's are killers, I get them all the time, but when you said you were gaining I thought man that is the only thing that keeps me hanging on is that I'm not really gaining- although I'm still weighing myself twice a week. Anyway I am so happy!! and I'm glad you are still around. Nice new pic too!

1. Hi Lisa, As far as keeping track of my carbs and making sure I am getting in my Protein, I have 70 grams of protein aday as my nutristionist advised. I am starting to keep track of my carb intake again. I had slacked off on that a bit but have decided that I cant be lazy about it. I do much better when I track everything. I workout 6 days a week, I do zumba, curves Fit Club and walk. I change up the times that I work out and have 2 friends that workout with me to keep me going. As far as how much I have in my band I am holding about 6.5 and my band size is a 10. Hope u are doing well. Keep up the good work.

gosh you are really doing well, it is so crushing when you feel like you a e doing it right. I do think some plateau's are naturals you are doing awesome!!! keep the faith, really that's part of what helps me about the websites. i don't live close enough to go to a support group. but keeping talking and focusing on stuff helps me through the tough times. Our bodies are all so different, but still hearing all the experiences help to keep me motivated.

I live an hour away from my Dr and our support groups as well. And we have ours on a Monday night which is hard for me with my kids. I have gone when they didnt have anything going on. I agree with coming on here for support, it seems to help alot. I use to get on anoter site and chat with all ladies but the last time I was on there was a person tat pretended to have the lap-band and then just started calling everyone on the site gross, she had never had a weight problem and she just got on to see if she can convince all of us, they was mean. And a few others went off, I decided that I didnt need the Drama and havent been on since. I needed o focus on me.

Okay.. so its been awhile since I was on last.. and apparently, I need to be on here more than every. I "was" doing pretty well.. On my last appointment I got a "small" fill (when I probably could have stayed where I was).. and then in the 3 months from then to my next appointment - I was having difficulty keeping many things down - and ended up gaining 11lbs. From the weigh in - till the time my surgeon came in seemed like forever - it was a feeling that I havent felt since I was a kid.. when I would get in trouble and have to wait in my room until my dad got home to scold me.. (sigh)

Lucky for me - I have a fantastic surgeon - he wasnt thrilled, but didnt make me feel like a bad person for it (No Need - I had my own thoughts of disappointment) - I had him remove whatever he put in from the time before (this was EARLY December) but my weight hasnt moved.. its just sitting there..

Just reading back through the pages that Ive missed - seems like I am not the only one having trouble getting my weight loss back on track... So those of you that have gotten stuck at some point - what are the first steps in ramping back up to being successful??

Doc said for me not to eat anything soft. Go with solids.. but thats making me sick, or I will get sick, and then go back for more because I didnt hold anything down from the first time..

Any insight is appreciated! I am still happy with as far as I have come, but know that I still have a journey in front me.

I am thankful to put the holidays behind me (as well as 2011)..

Best of luck to us all in 2012!!

~Tiffany

Hey Tiffany...I too have had problems getting the weight off, but am now back on track. I had thyroid surgery December following my surgery and that threw my body into a whirlwind! I finally got my medications straightened out, and I track every single thing that goes in my mouth on www.sparkpeople.com and I try to get in some form of exercise every single day. I follow all the rules my surgeon gave me (I had gotten away from that when I wasn't losing due to slow metabolism after the thyroid surgery) including no drinking 30 min before and after meals and no carbonation. I just finally decided to pull myself back up and get serious, and I've lost 12lb since 1/1/12!!! I'm at the lightest point I've been at in over 8 years...So keep your chin up and keep trying, it will eventually come off :)

I've been stuck at the same weight since August, but I feel like things are on the brink of change for me.

I have to admit, I just got lazy. I've been going out to eat a lot more, my portion sizes are up, and the choices I make aren't good. So I actually joined Weight Watchers just so I could have an "official" weigh in every week. I'm also trying (again) to adopt some exercise routine.

Hi there, My plateaues are always very long, I lose like 5 lbs, then stay the same for months, - my main solace is that I"m not gaining, which before I steadily no matter what put on a minimum of 10 lbs a year. LOL I got a fill before the holiday and shed like 8 lbs right away, but I fear that during the holiday I ate too much crap and now the weight loss has stopped. I'm still eating some residual crap, but it's all out of my house, and all out of my office. although girl scout season is soon upon us. UG. I know I need to focus for sure- I have been excercising some 5 days a week, 30 mins some times an hour others. my calories seem very low, but I feel like there is something in tracking, it makes the food so much more consious- whenever I slide into unconcious eating, even if it seems like my calories aren't going up, it's like I'm phsyching my body out by paying attention. Anyway the main thing is to keep the faith, and keep chugging along, and congratulate yourself for you achievements. Tiffany I know in the past I wouldn't have even caught that I had gained 12 lbs or whatever. That is the big thing. being aware and working on it. I swear before I would go for like years without getting on a scale, LOL>

well I got a new wii work out thing, it's called EA sports active, pretty decent, it's short, but active and varied. which I need !

anyway, I'm curious, how many of you use Protein Shakes regularly? and do you have a favorite brand.

I've been liking the metabolic reset by natures made or something like that. it has a lot of other nutrients not just the protein., I figure I should get them where I can

Good Morning Lisa! I have looked at the fitness for the wii alot, do u like it. I just got Just Dance 3 as part of my workouts and I love it. Great workout thats for sure. If u love to dance I would recommend it. I do Designer whey from GNC, its the only one that I have been able to tolerate. It is choc. and I take 1 aday after my workouts, it helps your body recover quicker. I have to have 70 grams of Protein a day. My Protein Shakes is 26 grams, with the fat free milk.

Hope this helps. I finally went to the Dr and he checked my band to make sure everything was fine and had a small fill, since monday I have lost 3 1/2 lbs. So I am hoping it continues. Have a great day.

I have the EA Sports Active 2, and its killer! I love it!!! I also have Just Dance 3 and Gold's Gym dance workout - gotta keep it varied to keep my body guessing...as far as the rest of my routine, I eat a lot of salad and grilled chicken breasts, and I drink Click Protein Shakes in the morning - gives me my Protein plus a shot of espresso (Which I can't start my day without my coffee!!!) on the 22 of Feb, I get to move to day shift, which should also help me in the weight loss - so I won't be eating my meals at 3am...that's been a killer the past several months. Hope everyone is doing well!

Yeah I keep hearing just dance 3 is great that's my next one. I like the ea sports, this is my first week, I'm soar. I have a tread mill but get boared, I have zumba wii too and love it. I know what you mean by keeping the body guessing. My dad just started a 3rd shift job, it sounds hard to me, I'm glad you are getting to move.

how are ya all doing!! it's been a while. I am still very slowly losing, I am a solid size 16 now, which I am just so excited about. My loss may be slow but it's always in the right direction, I feel and look great, and that is so great. I'm just keep on chugging along. how are you all. It helps me to stay in touch with folks.