Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do you think Drew Carey had WLS????

You rarely hear about celebrities getting (admitting to getting) lapband/gastric sleeve/gastric by-pass. I am waiting for a well-known celebrity to come out and admit that they had lapband surgery. I think that would do a lot to educate people about it. Am I the only one that ever wonders about this?

I think he had bariatric surgery of some sort. Sharon Osborne has lap band, she got it before their reality show came on TV

I thought Sharon Osborne had Gastric Bypass. I'm pretty sure that was the one. But, one of the NFL coaches had a band - I think he coaches the Eagles?

Wouldn't surprise me if Drew Carey had it. I haven't seen the pictures yet but I did hear he's got a very different look.

It wouldn't surprise me if KELLY Osborne got a band or something. Have you seen her lately?

I think Jennifer Hudson did, she looks great!

I believe Sharon's was Lap Band, but she was talking a couple years ago about getting it removed.

Rex Ryan of the Jets was banded (in March, I think?). I was watching the game on Sunday and noticed how great he looked so I googled it. I pulled up some pictures of him last year and the difference is crazy! Also, he had to keep pulling up his pants when he was running out onto the field after the game. HA! Go Rex!

Jennifer Hudson did Weight Watchers. She's their new spokesperson.

I'm pretty sure that pro golfer John Daly had Lapband surgery.

I had read an article online stating that a "doctor to the stars" said that Drew Carey's drastic weight loss could only be attributed to some form of WLS. Whatever it may be, he looks great!

And, yes, Rex Ryan, coach of the NY Jets, did have the gastric banding surgery done in the off season. He does look great and it does help being around trainers and state of the art gym everyday!! :rolleyes2:

Unless Sharon Osborne had a revision of some sort I remember her clearly saying that she had GB not lap band.

My BIL plays for the Jets and Rex Ryan has Had lap band surgery as Loseit said.

When I saw a pic of Drew Carey I did think that he had surgery but then on the other hand Men really do lose faster and more dramatically than women do.

I never thought that JHud had surgery but I wouldn't be surprised. She said that she lost it doing WW and because she's an actress I don't think she would have surgery because what if she wants to do a part where she has to gain a lot.

One thing I do know for sure is that if I were Oprah I would have had the surgery long ago and it would be called the O-Band. I know she's mega-rich and famous but I feel sorry for her weight loss struggle. She is clearly uncomfortable in her own skin and I know all too well how that feels.

Dee

Here is what I found on docshop.com

Many people are interested in knowing which celebrities have undergone which bariatric surgery procedures. Here’s DocShop’s breakdown

Gastric Bypass Surgery

Today, many types of gastric bypass surgeries, like the popular roux-en-y procedure, involve the combination of surgically bypassing a section of the intestines with the creation of a pouch (essentially, a smaller stomach). This type of bariatric surgery is associated with faster weight loss, but can be more expensive and harder to reverse than a gastric banding procedure.

Celebrities who have had traditional gastric bypass weight loss surgery include :

• Star Jones (TV personality)
  • Carnie Wilson (singer in Wilson Phillips, TV personality)
  • Al Roker (weatherman on Today Show, author)
  • John Popper (lead singer of Blues Traveler, songwriter)
  • Michael Genadry (actor)

The Fobi Pouch method is a variation of the roux-en-y gastric bypass procedure, which uses a band to divide the stomach, creating a smaller pouch.

Celebrities who underwent the Fobi Pouch method of gastric bypass surgery include :

• Randy Jackson (American Idol judge, musician, record producer)
  • Roseanne Barr (actress, comedienne)
  • Etta James (singer)
  • Jo Marie Payton (actress)
  • Jennifer Holliday (singer, actress)

LAP-BAND® System Surgery

Unlike gastric bypass surgery, the LAP-BAND® System does not reroute the intestines. Instead, a silicone band is used to create a small pouch at the top of the stomach. Although not as popular in the United States as gastric bypass surgery, LAP-BAND® System surgery is typically less expensive and is both adjustable and reversible.

Celebrities who have had LAP-BAND® surgery include :

• Sharon Osbourne (TV personality, music manager/promoter, wife of Ozzy Osbourne)
  • Ann Wilson (lead singer of the rock band Heart)
  • Khaliah Ali (fashion designer, author, daughter of Muhammad Ali)
  • Joe Gannascoli (actor)
  • Brian Dennehy (actor)
  • Anne Diamond (British TV personality)
  • Mikey Robbins (Australian media personality)

Sharon Osborne has the Lap Band years ago in the UK before it was approved for use here in the US. She did want a removal, however, opted for an unfill. She looks great!

Carnie Wilson had GB they showed it on the net the day she did it.

Dee

I just read an article where Kellie Osbourne credited Portion Control and avoiding carbonated beverages to her weight loss success. I thought yup, lap band.

I agree that kelly osbourne did! Im aware that Jennifer Hudson is a spokesperson for WW, Im just speaking from intution. Either way they look great