Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Stalking My insurance company..LOL!

I have completed my 3 months of supervised weight loss and was only able to lose 6 pounds. My phsch eval is complete, nutrition and exercise visits are also complete.

My surgeon program assistant sent my packet to Aetna which I have through the Federal government. No I just have to weight.

I am 30, with a bmi of 43 and no hbp or diabeties. I have been obese for about 5 years.

Do you think I'll get approved? I am going to call them again in 3 hours. They probably tell me not to call again. LOL!

My tenative surgery date is November 9th.

I too have Aetna. They received my paper work 9/10/10 and called my surgeons office today wanting to see a two year weight history and then they can approve. My doctor’s office said they would fax it today and hope to have approval by tomorrow morning. They won't set a surgery date until I'm approved. Which, is ok as I can't get off of work until November.

I call the Aetna the day the paper work was set in just to make sure they received it. Then I think I called every day until finally they told me not to call for about a week, that it was pending.

Good luck to you.

This is really encouraging for me because I have Aetna too. I haven't submitted mine for approval yet as I still have one more visit for my 3 month history on Oct 14th. Hopefully it will only take a week or less for approval. That would be awesome! Thanks for the info guys!

Melissa

I told myself I wouldn't call until the end of the day. But I called an hour ago. STILL Pending! The lady said it ususally takes about four days with Aetna.

The wait is the worst!

I did go to a support group last night. A woman there has lost 143 pounds in 19 months. That's so great.

I just learned today that my doctors office has ALL My paperwork now. So I too will be stalking the insurance company soon!

I wouldn't stalk too much lol. The people with your paperwork could put your file on the bottom of the stack.

Give them a week at least and good luck!

I told myself I wouldn't call until the end of the day. But I called an hour ago. STILL Pending! The lady said it ususally takes about four days with Aetna.

The wait is the worst!

I did go to a support group last night. A woman there has lost 143 pounds in 19 months. That's so great.

Where did you begin to find a support group? I haven't thought about asking my doctor's office about it yet but I think I will at my next appointment. I was going to use these online forums as my support system for now but an in person group would be great as well. Thanks for your help!

Melissa

The support group is held by my doctors office. It's held once a month. I think its a great motovational tool.

Crazyinlove, I hope you get approved! Shoot I hope I get approved. LOL!

I wouldn't stalk too much lol. The people with your paperwork could put your file on the bottom of the stack.

I just did hopefully my LAST test before getting a surgery date. Yes I will be calling, but I'm going to be a smart stalker. I know when these test results were faxed to my doc's office...so I KNOW the lady at the office will fax it right off. So I'll give them a few days. When I feel they've had it in their hand long enough, I'm calling. I called just before I got this most recent test done. I asked the insurance rep a question I already knew the answer to, but she had to call the area that had my paper work. A long story short...a few hours later my docs office heard from the insurance company. I guess for someone to answer my question they had to look at my file; and while they were looking at it I guess they gave answer...which was fine with me =))

I’m so excited I was approved today:thumbup:. When I called the docs office he is out until Tuesday, so the women in the office said she’d call be back Tuesday to let me know what I had to do next and set a date. She said anytime in mid November!!!! Nothing like going from extreme high to major let down in 20 minutes:biggrin:. These next 4 days will go so slow, I guess I’m expecting to feel different when I get that date.

I am excited for you on the approval!

November sounds like such a long way away. Even after I was approved for surgery I still had to jump through some additional hoops. You may to, and maybe that is why there is such a delay.

It will come sooner than you think.

I am excited for you on the approval!

November sounds like such a long way away. Even after I was approved for surgery I still had to jump through some additional hoops. You may to, and maybe that is why there is such a delay.

It will come sooner than you think.

what hoops---don't tell me that I know I have to have upper GI study, bloodwork done. I don't have to do stress test or sleep test at least that is what doc told as I have that do less then a year ago. The only thing I'm really worried about no is getting through the 14 day liquid diet.

hi! I have Aetna too and was denied at first request. I expected it really. It sounds like they wnat documentation of dieting in the last 12-24 months. Thats the time frame that I did all the diets in the magazines and no WW or LA Weight loss etc. So unless they were gong to take my food journal from when I did HCg, I was out of luck. They requested I complete a 3 month long education program that could be part of the pre-op program. So I stretched out my behavioral sessions and visited the Dr every month for a weight check/documentation. Oct 6th is my last apt. hopefully they will approve me after that. They have 2 weeks to respond. So I may have to stalk them too! B/c I wnat surg Nov 1st.

I have completed my 3 months of supervised weight loss and was only able to lose 6 pounds. My phsch eval is complete, nutrition and exercise visits are also complete.

My surgeon program assistant sent my packet to Aetna which I have through the Federal government. No I just have to weight.

I am 30, with a bmi of 43 and no hbp or diabeties. I have been obese for about 5 years.

Do you think I'll get approved? I am going to call them again in 3 hours. They probably tell me not to call again. LOL!

My tenative surgery date is November 9th.

UPDATE: I Got Approved today!!! Yeah Me. Now I am nervous.B)