Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

embrassing moments?

i was wondering if any of you had any embrassing moments at the hospital or when you got out?

Welcome fellow Texan. I did not have any embarrassing moments. I've given birth twice so all embarrassment has gone away when in the hospital.

I was terrified of farting while in school! ( I teach HS) After the surgery, anything could bring it on: bending, laughing, sneezing and coughing. I was able to make it through the very gassy time thankfully.

I sort of burp quite a bit and have noticed since school started last week that with all the talking I am taking in air. The other day the class was really quiet and I took a few quick gulps of Vitamin Water and you could hear it going down. Then I burped. The kids were dying. It wasn't really loud and just the ones in front heard it. I said excuse me and laughed. I was embarrassed though.

I once PB in a napkin while out at a pizza place. Thankfully just my 8 year old niece was with me. I think it was unnoticed.

Tracy, I also work in a school. I am the school secretary. Luckily, I have a bathroom close by.

my story isn't really about being embarrassed... it's about me realizing i wasn't as strong as i thought i would be.

i planned in advance to spend the night in the hospital even though i had the choice to go home the same day. i thought i was going to go thru the surgery with flying colors so i packed nice pajamas, a book, my cell phone, nice shower gel, blow dryer, curling Iron, make-up, etc. almost like i was staying over at a hotel!

needless to say, i never got out of my hospital gown. was too drugged up to read. used a wash cloth instead of showering. put my hair in a ponytail and wore the same clothes home as i did when i went in.

plus, every time i had to go to the bathroom, i had to ring a nurse because i wasn't able to get out of bed on my own.

OK SO I CAN SEE MINE WILL TOP EVERYONES SO FAR.. here it goes...

I was getting ready to be wheeled into the surgery room but they wanted me to go to the bathroom first.

well, i did no problem. when i stood up i thought i had to fart well boy was i wrong lol i pooed down on the floor. i hurryed and cleaned it up not know that i left some on my socks. when i woke up my husband told me i had poop on my socks. so through the whole surgery there i was lying there with poop on my socks and later to find out the back of my leg ewwww.

i will never forget that. its ok i can laugh about it and you can too ha ha ha:biggrin::thumbup::thumbup::tt1:

i forgot to add that i was eating activa everyday to make sure i pooped ok. a word of advice becareful when you eat that. non stop pooing lol

Edited by lovemysgt

I was banded on the 10th September and my gown kept falling off. I was walking around the ward that night with one g cup boob constantly on show, in a mixed ward and was too sore to care.

My moment wasnt so much embarrassing as it was funny. I am a nurse and work on an acute care floor of a hospital, well when I got banded a "code blue" was called on a gastric bypass patient in the next room in the middle of the night. Well, dead asleep I sort of heard the code being called and when I was awake enough to fully understand what was going on, I jumped up out of bed with my legs still strapped into my SCD's. I JUST missed smashing my face into the wall as my tangled legs tried to get to the code blue. I was at work in my sleepy headed fog, not recovering from surgery myself, so I had to get to that code,lol.

I yelled out in pain, and my nurse stuck his head in the door and asked if I was okay. I quickly told him that I was in pain and he said he would be back, they had an emergency.

It was almost an hour before my nurse was able to come back but that was quite okay with me. As for the bypass patient, he was okay, thank God.

I tend to say really crazy things on the initial anasthesia they give you, the stuff that makes you dizzy. I have problems with uterine fibroid tumors, last summer I had some removed and my husband told me that as they wheeled me into the OR, I yelled out...at the top of my lungs..."I'M A WHOO GIRL! WHERE'S MY HAT?!?!?!" If any of you watch "How I Met Your Mother," you will get that reference. I had lap-band surgery 3 weeks ago (almost) and I told my surgeon, "NEXT ENDEAVOR, LASIK!" I'm glad I don't have surgery often, I would sound like an idiot all the time.

I am being banded on October 12 and pray I don't say anything stupid, because my doctor is adorable. I had breast cancer in 2001 at age 37 (and single) and while I was having reconstruction, I told all of the nurses in the OR how I thought my plastic surgeon was gorgeous. They were cracking up but I was drugged and had no idea why. (he was standing right there). My friend who is a nurse and was in the room told me about it the next day and I was so embarrassed. I am sure he has heard it all, and he did give me some nice new boobs. My goal now is for my boobs to stic k out further than my stomach.

Can you all tell me how to get that ticker added?

:thumbup:

I am being banded on October 12 and pray I don't say anything stupid, because my doctor is adorable. I had breast cancer in 2001 at age 37 (and single) and while I was having reconstruction, I told all of the nurses in the OR how I thought my plastic surgeon was gorgeous. They were cracking up but I was drugged and had no idea why. (he was standing right there). My friend who is a nurse and was in the room told me about it the next day and I was so embarrassed. I am sure he has heard it all, and he did give me some nice new boobs. My goal now is for my boobs to stic k out further than my stomach.

Can you all tell me how to get that ticker added?

:thumbup:

Haha I did the same thing. I was told by my doctors nurse that I told him if he wasn't married I would be all over him. I couldn't look him in the face after that!:thumbup:

Oh I have an embarrasing story. Before surgery they made me go to the restroom... only I couldn't. So they hooked me up to an I.V. and finally about an hour later I was able to go to the potty. Anyways (fast forward to about an hour and a half later), I woke up from anesthesia (I always have extreme nausia from anesthesia) and I started hurling every two seconds. Well apparently that saline really hydrated me and I peed myself everytime I hurled. I was sooo embarressed. I went to the restroom to get myself cleaned up (I was covered in piss). The entire walk to the restroom I was hurling and peeing myself infront of at least five nurses and a few patients. I had a nice trail of urine following me.

Hopefully they will never see me again....

my story isn't really about being embarrassed... it's about me realizing i wasn't as strong as i thought i would be.

i planned in advance to spend the night in the hospital even though i had the choice to go home the same day. i thought i was going to go thru the surgery with flying colors so i packed nice pajamas, a book, my cell phone, nice shower gel, blow dryer, curling Iron, make-up, etc. almost like i was staying over at a hotel!

needless to say, i never got out of my hospital gown. was too drugged up to read. used a wash cloth instead of showering. put my hair in a ponytail and wore the same clothes home as i did when i went in.

plus, every time i had to go to the bathroom, i had to ring a nurse because i wasn't able to get out of bed on my own.

I did the same thing. But I did manage to was my hair in the sink before I left and use my hairdryer but that was work.

Oh I have an embarrasing story. Before surgery they made me go to the restroom... only I couldn't. So they hooked me up to an I.V. and finally about an hour later I was able to go to the potty. Anyways (fast forward to about an hour and a half later), I woke up from anesthesia (I always have extreme nausia from anesthesia) and I started hurling every two seconds. Well apparently that saline really hydrated me and I peed myself everytime I hurled. I was sooo embarressed. I went to the restroom to get myself cleaned up (I was covered in piss). The entire walk to the restroom I was hurling and peeing myself infront of at least five nurses and a few patients. I had a nice trail of urine following me.

Hopefully they will never see me again....

I basically did the same thing, I was hooked up to an IV before the surgery, and even though I had no problem emptying my bladder before the surgery, I also have extreme nausea from anesthesia, and as soon as I woke up I started heaving, and with each heave I peed myself, I kept trying to tell the nurse what was happening, but I couldn't get the words out between heaves. At least I wasn't walking, but I soaked my bed and gown. And I made sure I got one of those Plastic pee pad things from the nurse to put in my car seat when I left so if the nausea came back my car would be protected. :thumbup:

I'm glad I'm not the only one :smile2: