Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Met My Goal of Losing 100lbs

Wow - what a GREAT day today! :thumbup: I weighed this morning and I finally met my main goal of losing 100 lbs (101, to be exact - lol). I remember way back when John, Ann, and Dani reached their 100 lb goals, and they all inspired me to reach mine - so thank you all SO MUCH!!! I have been on a plateau for months, but I started to make better food choices over the last two weeks, and finally took off the last 6 lbs to exceed my goal - I'm SOOOOO happy! The most I have ever lost on any 'diet' was about 40lbs, and never came close to any goals. I was even OK during the plateau, because I was at least maintaining a 95 lb weight loss (+/- 2 to 3 lbs), and I know maintenance is a challenging road. I still want to drop another 10-15lbs, but even if I maintain at this weight, I am extremely satisfied and feel successful!

My Husband and I celebrated our 10 year annivarsary back in June, and he bought me a diamond Bracelet with 10 sections and 100 tiny diamonds. I decided not to wear it until I reached my 100 lb goal. Well, we're going out tonight, and I will finally get to wear my bracelet!!! I can't wait :smile:

Edited by Mamadot

:thumbup::thumbup::smile::thumbup:

CONGRATULATIONS

:w00t::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

awesome! i hope to join you before long.

Thank-you, IndioGirl! WOW - your pictures and stats are amazing! You're inspiring me to go beyond my 10-15 lbs addtional weight loss and go for the 'normal' weight range for my height (another 20-25 lbs :thumbup:). But for now, I'm just going to bask in my 100+ lb success :smile:

And thank-you, Jason. You're doing AMAZING with a loss of 75lbs - you'll be here before you know it!

Thank-you, IndioGirl! WOW - your pictures and stats are amazing! You're inspiring me to go beyond my 10-15 lbs addtional weight loss and go for the 'normal' weight range for my height (another 20-25 lbs :thumbup:). But for now, I'm just going to bask in my 100+ lb success :smile:

And thank-you, Jason. You're doing AMAZING with a loss of 75lbs - you'll be here before you know it!

My original goal was 170 - got there once with Weight Watchers - thought I looked pretty good at that weight

Once I got to 180 I then moved my goal to 160 - I wanted to move it to 150 but was afraid to put that in writing cuz I didn't know if I would get there.

Well I got to normal bmi in 1 yr 1 week and lost the next few lbs in the next few months (quit tracking after I got to goal) and have maintained my weight loss for the last 2 yrs - by doing the same thing eating healthy and exercising.

It finally hit me that my old eating habits are what made me fat in the 1st place - I can never go back to eating my normal - high fat - high sugar and sitting on my butt 24/7 and expect to wear a size 4 - that behaivor is what made me morbitly obese and wearing an 18/20 pant and 22 top..

It is acheivable.. You can do it... I have not dieted since being banded - I am eating healthy and exercising - Go for the gold Girl - You can do it !!!

Edited by IndioGirl55

Congrats! You can now wear your Bracelet with pride. You`re looking fab.

Congratulations, you're another inspiration to all of us who are on that road. It's really great to hear of the positive results.

Katie

Great Job! Now you need to go try on jeans!

MAMADOT - I've been off-line for a while.

CONGRATS.........100lbs.....AWESOME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

B):thumbup::rolleyes2::thumbup::blush::thumbup::lol2:

CONGRATULATIONS, Mamadot!!!! Time for the Vitamin Dance!!!

:):party::crying:

Congrats!!!! Wow - what an achievement!! Can't wait to be in your shoes :)

Mamadot,

Your message caught my eye because 100lbs is my goal too! My surgery is not 11/22/10 and I look forward to writing you back when I hit my goal as well.

It's amazing that you said you reached your goal on 9/17/10 because that is the same date that I went to my info session in Chicago to learn about the Lap Band procedure. Isn't that amazing!!

You have inspired me!!! :thumbup:

JaGo

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Frugal

Welcome to Frugal Testing, where we are committed to revolutionizing the software testing landscape with our efficient and affordable solutions. As a pioneering company in this field, we understand the challenges faced by startups, small to medium-sized businesses and any organization working without budget constraints. Our mission is to deliver top-notch testing services that ensure the highest quality of software, all while keeping your costs in check.
      Frugal Testing offers a comprehensive suite of testing services tailored to meet diverse needs. Specializing in different types of testing including functional testing, automation testing, metaverse testing and D365 testing, we cover all bases to guarantee thorough software quality assurance. Our approach is not just about identifying bugs; it's about ensuring a seamless and superior user experience.
      Innovation is at the heart of what we do. By integrating the latest tools and technologies, many of which are cutting-edge open source solutions, we stay ahead in delivering efficient and effective testing services. This approach allows us to provide exceptional quality testing without the high costs typically associated with advanced testing methodologies.
      Understanding each client's unique needs is fundamental to our service delivery. At Frugal Testing, the focus is on creating customized testing strategies that align with specific business goals and budget requirements. This client-centric approach ensures that every testing solution is not only effective but also fully aligned with the client's objectives.
      Our team is our greatest asset. Composed of skilled professionals who are experts in the latest testing techniques and technologies, they bring dedication, expertise and a commitment to excellence in every project. This expertise ensures that our client’s software not only meets but often exceeds the highest standards of quality and performance.
      Frugal Testing is more than just a service provider; we are a partner in your success. With a blend of quality, innovation and cost-effectiveness, we are here to help you navigate the complexities of software testing, ensuring your product stands out in today's competitive market. 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • ChunkCat

I have no clue where to upload this, so I'll put it here. This is pre-op vs the morning of my 6 month appointment! In office I weight 232, that's 88 lbs down since my highest weight, 75 lbs since my surgery weight! I can't believe this jacket fit... I am smaller now than the last time I was this size which the surgeon found really amusing. He's happy with where I am in my weight loss and estimates I'll be around 200 lbs by my 1 year anniversary! My lowest weight as an adult is 195, so that's pretty damn exciting to think I'll be near that at a year. Everything from there will be unknown territory!!

· 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

You look amazing!!! 😻 you have been killing it!

2. NickelChip

Congratulations! You're making excellent progress and looking amazing!

3. BabySpoons

So proud of you Cat. Getting into those smaller size clothes is half the fun isn't it?. Keep up the good work!!!!

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

That's brilliant! You've done amazing!! I should probably think about changing my profile picture at some point. Mine is the doll from Squid Games. Ironically the whole premise of the show is about dodging death. We've both done that...

• eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches