Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

whats it feel like

whats it feel like to get bread stuck or any other food? i am not at normal food stage yet but i love like sandwhiches but i am afraid of getting the bread stuck.:thumbup:

it hurts like hell.

I've gotten stuck on:

scrambled eggs

refried Beans

deli turkey

pancakes

turkey sandwich made with a good hearty nutty bread

At the same time, I've had no problem with a burrito, hard boiled egg, deli turkey rolled around a cheese stick, or that wonderful nutty bread with a little Peanut Butter

it feels like someone is standing on one point of my chest, can't swallow, can't swallow, mouth fills up with thick saliva, run to the bathroom, cough and cough, and it all comes back up.

It's the last day at work for a good friend and they're having a lunch out for him and I'm hesitant to go eat out yet. I may go and not eat because I don't want to risk getting stuck in public with my co-workers... hopefully I'll feel the signs before it happens next time.

Being stuck hurts--there is discomfort associated with the actual "plug" of food that obstructs the stoma, as well as discomfort from pressure that builds up because anything else introduced to the stomach can't go anywhere.

It is a sensation I do anything to avoid---and by anything I mean I've given up foods that consistently cause me trouble. (I do tend to give things more than one try; some days I'm just tight, so it's worth giving things another shot or two before deciding they're troublemakers.)

That means that many things I used to "love" are now things I really don't like at all. (So, I don't miss them.) Perspective has a funny way of shifting :thumbup:

I have to add that my doctor's recommended eating plan leaves out most of the foods that seem to cause people trouble; I have not yet tried bread, for example. Or rice, or Pasta, or other starchy things that many people have difficulty with. Oddly, I don't miss them, either.)

I agree with betsy and jingle, OUCH OUCH OUCH! It feels like if you ever swallowed a giant pill and it went down sideways, except much more painful. I also do alot of sliming which is not plesant.

Also, like betsy said, I have given up foods I used to proudly proclaim I could never live without {bread, I dont even want them. I nearly cried before my surgery at the thought of not eating saturday morning pancakes with my hubby and son, but now its no big deal. I make theirs, maybe lick some batter off a spoon, and then make my 2 eggs with turkey sausage.

As for sandwhiches, I threw up 3 times in the Subway bathroom and NOTHING is worth that. No more sandwhiches for me!!!!

I don't get stuck to the point of sliming, but just a slightly painful lodging of food. It's happened with bread, but only when I take a big bite without thinking first. Before my fill, I was able to eat a PBJ sandwich fine. After my 1st fill (now onto my 2nd fill) I can't do bread very well at all. I've had a really small piece of it, and it got lodged for a few moments.

I have had Pasta and rice, but same thing. Since my fill I have to take sm bites of it and it does ok. I tend to stay away from them.

whats it feel like to get bread stuck or any other food? i am not at normal food stage yet but i love like sandwhiches but i am afraid of getting the bread stuck.:thumbup:

Loving anything is what helped us get to where we are (needing wls)

I can eat lite (90 cal for 2 slices) sandwich bread - but I don't do it often - why - starches make you retain Water - goes straight to fat - you know the blab blab blab about carbs/starches and it has no nutritional value.

Please know I'm not an Atkins person- I do eat my starches - but I limit them.

Everyone tolerates foods differently - you may be able to eat bread - you won't know till you get to the normal stage.

Some can - some can't - for me I can eat almost anything - corn on the cob and stringy meats give me a problem - but as long as I eat slowly and chew and tiny bites I can eat anything..

Also one day you can eat something and then the next day you might not be able to

Just becareful w/the starches - Follow band rules - protien 1st

Good luck on your journey