Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Some Questions to ask about LAPBAND

Just though Id stop by and say hi..Im going to the Dr.s tomorrow to pay for the lapband sice I have been denied 2 times. My wifes insurance opted out of putting weight loss surgery on their insurance. So fighting it is useless..So im paying out of my own pocket. O'well. Hope all the bandsters are doing good. I cant wait to get mine. Of course im nervous as hell..

See ya.

Scott

A big Texas Welcome to you Scott. We were all nervous so you are'nt alone on that. Good luck on your doctor visit. Sorry about the insurance problem. You will love your band and it is really a wonderful tool to help us get this weight off. My surgery went perfect with no problems at all, pray yours does also. Keep us posted.:)

I found out, which I'm sure most of you already know, that my ins. will not cover anything before, during or after this surgery. The reply back from my Lab Band Docs office is that after I pay $15,500 up front they will see that I am well taken care of and bill me later if there are additional charges. So that makes me nervous that I could loose everything I own if this thing goes south on me. But hey, I've known people that do very well in bankruptcy.

I am new to this website. I have not been banded yet. Waiting on insurance approval. Yesterday I found out that I will have to get my Gallbladder removed too. It just freaks me out. I am told my doctors is the best at removing them. But it is still freaky. Has anyone had theirs removed during lap band surgery? :)

I had my pre-op physical on Thursday. My surgeon pushed around on my abdomen and asked me questions about pain and/or gas when I ate. He said he wanted to see if he might need to remove my G.B. while he was installing my lap band. I said "do what?" He said that since I wasn't having symptoms he wouldn't remove it, but he said that after some patients loose a good deal of weight, Gall Bladder problems can arise.

That's all I know about that.

Freeradical

installation date 7/7/06

Wow, after months of appts, and insurance protocol I am finally ready for my band proceedure in 2 weeks. I am to start a liquid diet today until the proceedure. Yikes! Will I starve?

Any advice on starting the liquids? Any advice on getting ready for all this. It is kinda scary.

Hi All,

I am scheduled for 11/20 with Johnson & Jonhson SAGB band in Hungary.

The sales tax on the band is 500 dollars (in Hungary).

How can I order it myself? My doctor said I can carry it myself.

My residence is in the United States.