Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Here it is, for those who wanted to do another challenge. Its 8 weeks till Halloween!

Here is the spreadsheet, I hope it works its the first time I have tried to make one.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=tYmPkphTP9YKZEc8WCbyoHQ&authkey=CNrR4dQH#gid=0

Bumping up the spreadsheet, sometimes google is down and they don't work, and you have to come back later.

This is my first challenge, so we'll see how I do with it!!! Good luck everyone!

Hello everyone! This is my first challenge as well. I am just over a week post op and I am already down 17.5 pounds since post op. In addition to this, I lost 5 pounds on my pre-op diet, which gives me a total of 22.5 pounds lost since this whole process began. My starting weight was 215. My current weight is 192.5, and my goal for the October challenge is 179. Optimally, I would like to lose somewhere between 13.5-15 pounds. I know that's probably overly optimistic...but I've already lost this much so far with absolutely zero exercise, and I think that once I add that in the mix I will only continue to lose.

I do have a concern, though. I am currently on the pureed/mushy phase of the post-op diet, and I was wondering if many people experience significant weight gain once returning to "regular" foods. This is one thing that I am very worried about since I have been so fortunate in my progress so far.

Good luck everyone!!

I do have a concern, though. I am currently on the pureed/mushy phase of the post-op diet, and I was wondering if many people experience significant weight gain once returning to "regular" foods. This is one thing that I am very worried about since I have been so fortunate in my progress so far.

Good luck everyone!!

Don't worry it gets better on regular food, I gained on mushies and then started losing on regular food. I should qualify that means regular food as in quality, healthy food not regular food as in processed fast food.

Don't worry it gets better on regular food, I gained on mushies and then started losing on regular food. I should qualify that means regular food as in quality, healthy food not regular food as in processed fast food.

Thanks for your reply! This may not be the best place to post this, but I have another question that I've been wondering. How much were you typically able to eat during the mushy phase? I am nearly 2 weeks post-op and started mushies on day ten, and I can hardly eat a teacup full of blended Soup (in addition to bariatric chewable Vitamins and Protein drinks). I don't know if it's because I might still be swollen or if I just have a lot of restriction from the band alone.

I just signed up! I know I am a little late, since I missed the first week but I am very excited! I need something to make me kick it in gear and I am hoping this challenge does the trick since I am so competitive. I know I will only really be competing with myself but that is the point! I put myself down for 15 pounds and I know that is going to be tough especially since I already missed the first week but I am going to work my butt off to try and get there! I get my 2nd fill on Oct. 11th so I am hoping that will help too. I haven't lost any weight at all in like 3 weeks now and I haven't been exercising as regularly as I know I need to be, so I am going to take this challenge seriously and use it as the motivation I need to start losing some darn weight! I was banded on 7/22 and have lost a total of 20 pounds, but like I said, none in the past 3 weeks and I am ready to start losing more! So thank you to everyone participating in this challenge and lets all get slimmer and healthier together! WOOT WOOT! LOL!!

I'm in! I put myself down for 20 lb. I know that's pushing it but I got to get my 2nd fill in a week and I have increased my exercise so I'm hoping that I can make it happen! Good luck to everyone!!:unsure:

I wonder if i should have given myself a harder goal hmm.. lol

I'm going out on a limb, but I'm in for 24lbs. I've joined a gym so this will force me to go!!!!! I love competitions! hahaha

Good luck everyone!!!!!!

Count me in for 10 pounds. I am scheduled for another fill on Thursday and I am determined to breathe in my size 8s :-)!

Ok I am in for my first weight loss challenge!! :wub: I am in for 15 lbs. Time to kick some pumpkin butt!!

bah I ate bad today my mom just had to go buy yummy chicken.. back on track tomorrow really :thumbup:

Ι am in!

Bandster hell is over.

Me and my 7cc band want to lose 10 pounds :thumbup:

Edited by DIRKT32

UGH gain a pound this week.