Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need Lap Band Buddy / Mentor Need a buddy/mentor

Thanks Annie, and your right it will be the first time I will actually want to go shopping! lol

I believe i will find out for sure on the 25th what my pre-op diet is. I have been told by the dietician that it is normally three cib sugar free drinks a day, two frozen meals under 300 calories and up to 2 cups a fresh veggies a day. I hope that is it. I can handle that. That is what I have been doing now. lol :)

Great work Angie, being on the pre-op diet before they make you do it really shows dedication! You go girl! The best thing is, the band will help you keep the weight you lose off. Once you have restriction and can feel satisfied with small amounts, the hunger keeps at bay. It was explained to me that when the top of the stomach gets full, a hormone is released that suppresses hunger, even if it's not very much food that is doing the filling. Cool huh? Don't you just love the people that figured that out?

I went and bought some exercise duds (in a medium) today. I need to get rid of those XL gym clothes and start working out! I have an appointment at a gym tomorrow night and will try out a yoga class while I'm there. I hope I like it because it would be the closest gym.

I hope you are right Annie. Sometimes I eat just to eat. I don't know if that is because I am just so used to eating. I keep myself busy now to take my mind off of food. I won't lie and say that I don't miss my food, because I do. But when i really want something I let myself have it. Not like before when I would almost always eat till I was so full and miserable. I keep telling myself not much longer and I will finally have the tool I need to help me with this mess. :)

Yeah, it's hard not to eat just to eat. I try to just keep "bad" stuff out of the house but with halloween coming I made the mistake of buying a bunch of candy on sale ahead of time and now I have to fight myself from eating it every day. The band doesn't help with those sorts of cravings! My tight jeans remind me though...

Hi there ladies, Angie I was thinking of something - At OCC we just had a gal who is down to like 142 and went for a fill, the dr.s there said she had lost all the weight she can with the band, that if she wanted to lose more weight she would need to work out- which she hadn't done much of in the time that she had the band. I was thinking of that regarding you feeling like you have been trying for a long time and still not losing. Maybe ramping up your excercise might get you there, but I'm sure it would be slow anyway because of your current amazing size ;-)

Anyway you had asked what I was doing for excercise- I am currently walking, trying to do a mile every day - 7 miles per week. this is not that fast about 3 miles per hour. I haven't started back to my yoga with I want to do about 20 minutes per day also

In the future, maybe as soon at after new years??? I'd like to add some weight circuit work a few times a week too???? who knows though.

Lisa

I had to postpone my visit to the yoga class 'till next week, 'cause I need to babysit tonight. I agree that having such a long period without the scale budging is a glaring sign that I need to add in exercise. I rather dread it. I do hate to sweat, especially in front of strangers. I will bite the bullet and do it though because I really do feel sluggish and taking an afternoon nap isn't helping. I think I will also go into my Rheumatologist and get those shots for my bursitis in my hips so I can walk with some speed. I feel too young to amble about. The plan is in place, I just have to implement it...

Well I have shopped the yoga classes, tried a couple and joined a gym. I joined LA fitness. They had a special going so it's not too expensive and they have several yoga classes per week. yea. Part of the initiation was a half hour "training" with one of the personal trainers (so they can sell you the personal training, I was tempted). That was on Tuesday and I am still uber stiff!

Lisa, How are you doing? Are you dropping the weight like mad?

Have you had a fill yet? How are you feeling?

NO my fill is in a week, I've also gained 2 lbs in the 2 weeks, so now I've only lost 6 lbs since surgery. I had also gained and lost another lb. this week my calories are good. I hope it gets better.

I love yoga, I"m not back at yet, I hope you like it.

Bummer about gaining, but it was only two pounds and that could just be a random flux. It's hard to lose without restriction, that's why we have bands to begin with, so don't get down on yourself. So you're going to Mexico for your first fill? Sunshine and warmth sounds good about now! Are they fairly aggressive with the fills since you are traveling such a long way? Remember too that airplane travel makes the band tighter temporarily. (BTW, those airsick bags are handy to have in your purse).

I went to my new yoga class this morning and it was very nice. The instructor came around and did corrections and I even worked up a bit of a sweat. I bet I'll be stiff tomorrow. Next week I will add in weights and another couple yoga classes to kick this plateau in the butt.

Hang in there and have a fun trip!

Hi there, I'm on solids today for the first time since my fill on Monday, feels good, I dont feel hungry, and I've been reminded to chew several times. my current weight is 269, so I'm a pound from being down 30 lbs. I got 4.5 cc, he was going for 6.5-7 but stopped an 5.5 and turned on the flouro with the barium, and 5.5 was too tight, and 5 too. so I got 4.5. I hope it is ok. so far in 7 weeks I had lost 11 lbs (since surgery) so I"m happy with that rate, hope it keeps up.

How are you, and your work out? have you found stuff you enjoy?

Lisa

Hi!

Sorry it took me so long to respond. The site was down for remodeling and it wouldn't let me in. I thought it was my password so I changed it and now I have a 16 character password! lol I'll never remember that! So glad to hear that you are on solids. Much easier to plan meals that way. Then you can enjoy Turkey Day! How is your restriction level? I've never gotten a fill with fluoro, can they hit the sweet spot much easier that way?

I have been going to yoga and it has been good for me. I could swear my hips feel a bit better, but time will tell. We change insurance at the first of the year so i need to pretend to be healthy at that point.

My daughter is home for the holiday and the other comes home tonight. yea! My son is in California and won't make it but he will be here for Christmas.

How are the Holidays shaping up for you?

HI Annie, hope your holiday goes well, I'm still losing, hopefully I won't blow it this weekend too bad.

You are doing just great! Getting through a major holiday and still losing is so wonderful! Have you changed sizes yet? Getting into new clothes was where the fun began for me :). It's so fun now my DH threatens to take away my credit card!

We are having our 23rd anniversary today, how time flies! My son will be 20 on Tuesday and that really seems impossible. He is training out in the California desert for war in afghanistan. yuk. He deploys in January...still wet behind the ears.

Good luck with the Christmas shopping. Maybe santa will bring you some pants a size or two smaller! ;)

yeah, it's funny I probably could by a small size but nothing is falling off, and I don't even need a belt yet. I'm surprised really. I'd like to shop when I'm like having trouble keeping my pants on.

Thanks for the encouragement, I've lost 14 lbs in 10 weeks, I wish it was faster. But I also wish I drank more Water and excercised more. I guess with the holidays in there I expected things to slow down a bit. I'm trying to be really good in between the holiday events, which are really spread out over the month.

How's the excercising. I didn't walk at all last week due to hunting season, I started again today.

happy anniversary, that's is amazing.

I don't know why, but since they remodled the website I haven't been getting email copies of new posts. I have to come looking for them. So I'm sorry for the delay in answering.

You are really doing great! Maybe you'll just skip a size or two if you wait to buy new stuff. It's fun to buy new stuff, but since you can expect to go through many sizes it's OK to put it off as long as you can. Besides, then people really notice your progress when your clothes are kind of hanging on you!

Do you have restriction with your Mexican fill? How is the hunger issue going? Don't worry about the speed at which you lose; one to two pounds a week is fine. Unless you workout like the people on biggest loser you can't expect more. Slow and steady wins the race, right? It is boring though to lose slowly which is why you need to distract yourself with lots of other pleasurable activities. Like hobbies, and time with your kids, husband, and friends, etc.

My exercising has stalled because of my hip bursitis. The cold we're having has made it a bit worse so I made an appointment to get the injections. (freak me out) After that I'll be good to go again. I also got myself a dorky long down coat that will really keep me warm. I even wore it out of the store yesterday! I will be back to yoga and walking in no time.

We are thinking of moving to where my DH works. The daily commute for him is around 40 minutes in good weather and they just had a merge with a new group that will lengthen his working hours so we are thinking it's a good time to take the plunge. I'm excited about it. Talk about distraction! Now I can think of nothing else, not even food! Maybe I'll get off this silly plateau. I keep perusing the real estate sites. We will look at a bunch with an agent tomorrow.

My son was promoted to lance corporal! I'm so happy for him. He was so excited.

Keep up the good work!