Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is there something wrong with me?

I keep reading on here how people are in pain, and how they are barely drinking and so forth. Well I just had my surgery on Saturday. The next day I was off all my pain medication because I didn't need it. Where my port is, is swollen but is going down more and more. When I am sleeping on my side it's a little uncomfortable, but nothing a pillow under the area doesn't fix. I have had no gas pains anywhere nor at any time did I have any, I can drink whatever I want right now. Yesterday, just 4 days after surgery I was cleaning my whole house. The only pains I get is a little pinching from the port stuff, but it's not painful just a little weird. Today I went back to work. They just told me not to lift over 25lbs. So I need to know if any of you felt this good because as much as I see others having complication that seems normal to me. Yet, I am not sure if I lucked out or maybe something is wrong with me? HELP! I am now worried! :thumbup:

I keep reading on here how people are in pain, and how they are barely drinking and so forth. Well I just had my surgery on Saturday. The next day I was off all my pain medication because I didn't need it. Where my port is, is swollen but is going down more and more. When I am sleeping on my side it's a little uncomfortable, but nothing a pillow under the area doesn't fix. I have had no gas pains anywhere nor at any time did I have any, I can drink whatever I want right now. Yesterday, just 4 days after surgery I was cleaning my whole house. The only pains I get is a little pinching from the port stuff, but it's not painful just a little weird. Today I went back to work. They just told me not to lift over 25lbs. So I need to know if any of you felt this good because as much as I see others having complication that seems normal to me. Yet, I am not sure if I lucked out or maybe something is wrong with me? HELP! I am now worried! :thumbup:

Count it a blessing and call it a day.. I can only hope for the symptoms you are describing....

Nothing wrong with you at all! I am the same way. I haven't had much pain other than some swelling in my tummy and bruising on one incision. I only needed pain meds the night at the hospital and tylenol has covered every other pain since. I've been able to take 20-30 minute walks around the block every night and all my food/liquids are going down as they should be.

Things are different for everyone, I know reading some of these posts I have to count my blessings for not having all the problems many out there do!

:thumbup:

had pain for about 24 hrs. I took a week and a half off because I am a massage therapist so I wasn't sure how that would work. on day 4 post op I was refinishing a piece of furniture...day 6 post op was working in my flour beds...etc etc....i felt great! so you're not alone :thumbup:

Okay great! Did you guys have trouble drinking at the beginning? Because I am already having yogurt, any kind of drinks, Soups with broth, I had a bite of apple sauce. Which I accidentally ate lol. However it went down fine. But called right away to make sure I wasn't going to die and the doc said I was fine lol.

I actually didn't have much pain either after surgery. I had more issues with the Clear Liquids. I had no energy from just Jello and broth but other than that I felt pretty good.

Sounds like you're doing really well. I was banded in May and had no problems either. I took a week off only because I wanted a vacation. As far as eating, I had no problem with the liquids and the sugar free popsicles and fudgsicles were a welcome treat. The only problem that I can remember was that if I ate too quickly I would get gas and a little nauseous but Gas-X took care of that.

I find alot of negative counter productive posts in this and other boards...I had the same reaction...like what is all the fuss about! You are fine just like the rest of the silent majority.

I no longer read posts that are negative!

I too was the same as you. I didn't take any of the pain meds besides Tylenol, and just at night to help with some of the gas pains. I did have some left shoulder gas pains, but moved around a lot really helped. By day 2 I was up and about. Had to keep reminding myself to be careful with the kids because I didn't feel bad. I had no swelling at all and minor bruising around the 5 incisions.

There are many of us who do well, but most don't post how good it went. It's usually to ask for help on problems someone might be having.

Recovery is different for everyone. Consider yourself lucky! I didn't have any pain or problems with my surgery. I had my surgery on a Friday and was back to work the following Tuesday. I had no problems with drinking liquids. Actually I could gulp Water all the way up to my last fill. I'm not at 7.2 cc and have to sip my water.

I was banded a week ago and I had a good amount of pain for several days, but nothing like I had with my gallbladder. I didn't need help getting up from a chair this time, or help getting dressed either. I was at the store the day after surgery although it wore me out. It's been the past 2 days that I've felt "good". I wasn't expecting to feel so well at this point based on my past surgeries.

But everyone is different! I had a friend who went mountain biking 5 days after having her gallbladder out, and at that point after mine I was still unable to get out of a chair without help.

I keep reading on here how people are in pain, and how they are barely drinking and so forth. Well I just had my surgery on Saturday. The next day I was off all my pain medication because I didn't need it. Where my port is, is swollen but is going down more and more. When I am sleeping on my side it's a little uncomfortable, but nothing a pillow under the area doesn't fix. I have had no gas pains anywhere nor at any time did I have any, I can drink whatever I want right now. Yesterday, just 4 days after surgery I was cleaning my whole house. The only pains I get is a little pinching from the port stuff, but it's not painful just a little weird. Today I went back to work. They just told me not to lift over 25lbs. So I need to know if any of you felt this good because as much as I see others having complication that seems normal to me. Yet, I am not sure if I lucked out or maybe something is wrong with me? HELP! I am now worried! :biggrin:

You are only 27,

when I was 27 I could work with broken ribs!

You are only 27,

when I was 27 I could work with broken ribs!

Yes, yes I am. but I was reading younger then I with a lot of pain but you made me laugh so thanks. :biggrin:

Thank you everyone for replying.. Now here is my next question... They gave me a 4cc band. The only answer I got from the doctor was that it's because I could handle it. What does that mean? Why are so many getting bigger cc's? I tried getting the explanation from him, and by reading threads on here but no one really answers it. I appreciate it.:biggrin:

I really don't know how they judge what size to put on whom!Mine is a 10cc band. Maybe different brands, or maybe stomach size, or maybe even the amount of weight you want to loose. I have often thought of that one myself! :biggrin: