Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

why do we do this .. :(

Went for a fill last week and ended up leaving with less restriction than i had when i went in, so i went back on tuesday to find the Dr had messed up - so i was given 1cc

now im really tight,, I always forget how crappy i feel for a week after a fill when im really tight - when drinking fluids is a chore .. cant wait for the swelling to go down

Not a fun feeling I know...hopefully though things will settle down and you will be able to drink/eat soon!!!

Because there is just enough time between fills to forget fully how crappy the swelling plus restriction makes us feel! Hope you are back to your usual self in no time!

Not feeling that much better -- I am drinking probably about 30oz a day,, not as much as i should and eating well,, not much of that going on here,, mushie foods -- I am remembering my last fill in may and this went on for about 2 weeks before i was able to drink and eat normally-

then the weight loss that occured was worth it,, im not sure i will be able to tough it out this time.. i am considering an unfill.. but than means time off from work i am not sure i can swing....

I know the feeling. I have had trouble with even protien shakes after my last 3 fills. I tried to wait it out, but for 2 of the fills I went in for an unfill. I totally agree you forget how miserable it is. For this last fill, I ended up feeling much better without going in for an unfill. I am a bit too tight in the morning, but it's worth it to have good restriction the rest of the day.

seriously thinking about calling tomorrow about a small unfill.. i dont think i can handle it this time around.

Im so glad I read this post. I just got my first fill friday. It took 3 sticks two under xray to get it filled. He put in 3cc's for total blockage then pulled out 1 1/2 cc's to where I am now. Its so hard filling he didnt want to have to go back in again for a while. Well anyway this is my point I did not know (never read it) that restriction meant miserable. Oh my gosh I did not know that I would not be able to eat food (everything is coming up and I cant breathe when I eat). How long will this last? I sure hope this is gonna make the scales move down some more. Im starting to feel like a bulimic. Eat, trash can, eat, trash can.

I want a cheeseburger!!!!!!!!!! Even if its just one bite. :confused:

I was filled on Monday, 19th, felt fine until today. Now I think I hav eaten a bite of chicken and maybe 5 bites of homemade baked mac & cheese. I am struggling right now to get down a liter of Water. Yesterday I could still gulp Water - very odd!

weight.png

Up all night choking on acid reflux,, yesterday was only able to drink maybe 15 oz of Fluid all day.. calling for a small unfill this morning.

Keep it up! Remember why we did this! This is just like those construction road signs you always see "Temporary inconvenience, Permanent Improvement!" Going through this is Hell...Between fills, vomiting when I eat too much, Knees hurting when I exercise...But you know what? I am 32 and was 350 lbs. my weight was heading north by 10-15 lbs every year... As bad as this can get, It sure the heck beats the alternative which up until now was probably having my 2 beautiful 1 year old twin babies attend my funeral when they are 12...

Went in for a .5cc unfill.. was so dehydrated they talked about admiting me over night,, but then let me drink while there and then sent me home to drink more -acid reflux is gone already and I am already feeling better -

I lost 9lb in the last 10 days while i was too tight - they were very glad i came back in.. no more fills for me for a while...