Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any September 2010 Banders?

Hello there!

I love this site as everyone is so honest and open and it has really helped me with my research and options.

My short (but often unfortunately repeated) story is a weight struggler from aged 10 now 34 need to lose for my little one's sake and mine.

Sick of seeing person in a mirror that is not me. need help - drastically. I lost 4 st in 4 mnths on CD last year (loved the mid bit where I was released of thoughts of food)- nearly gained all that again - same old story diff diet ... I know a band will suit me as when I had my 2 pregnancies I was lighter both times at the end - than at the beginning!

NHS/ PCT won't fund so only option is to go private (prob diff story if i was an alcoholic or drug user). Now or never for me as the beleif in myself losing weight virtually none. Hadn't much money so was relieved to find europesurgery; I was scheduled to be banded with Chris De Buyrne(? is that right) in Belgium at beginning of Sept but family intervened - or rather sister - and stumped up £3k (bless her) for me to stay alot closer in UK and have package which includes psycholigical assistance. So now I am awaitiing my LAP-BAND® op (with Spire) in Sept - date tbc!

Any other Septemberbanders (hee!) out there? please say hi! x

Hi im Ally if all goes well i get my band 10th Sept, just behind you ! with the hospital group, i havent got a clue what im doing with this site and unsure if youll even get this message but ill get used to it, good luck in your journey hun x

Hi im Ally if all goes well i get my band 10th Sept, just behind you ! with the hospital group, i havent got a clue what im doing with this site and unsure if youll even get this message but ill get used to it, good luck in your journey hun x

Hi ya! Yes have got it ta! Well done you - scary yet exciting isn't it? Whereabouts you getting yours done? I'm at Leeds... I've started pre-op diet now - infact and trying like crazy cos Gravitas lot said that if my BMI is 40 -45 itll cost £6950 but if I'm at least a 39 it's £1k CHEAPER!!! - £5,950! - Not a jot of difference to a Surgeon but an amazing difference to what that saving could do for me!! (any new clothes in near future for start off!!!) - so with a current BMI around 40 I'm going for it!!! keep in touch toots - and thanks for posting!

:smile2:

When are you doing pre-op? x

Hiya hun yeah it is exciting, but im still a bit scared too coz everyone seems to know what they are talking about the food, Vitamins, fills i surpose we will get used to it to, im getting mine done at the hospital group in birmingham, its costing £5950 too, i go to leeds for my first fill and then ill be at newcastle for the rest. so i might have just scrapped in there with that price. my surgeon is mr sigurdsson and everything looks good with the read ups and qualifications he has, nhs registered too. Who is doing yours ? let me know how its going as ive been reading that you get an upset tummy when pre oping, im starting at the weekend, good to hear from you x

Hiya hun yeah it is exciting, but im still a bit scared too coz everyone seems to know what they are talking about the food, Vitamins, fills i surpose we will get used to it to, im getting mine done at the hospital group in birmingham, its costing £5950 too, i go to leeds for my first fill and then ill be at newcastle for the rest. so i might have just scrapped in there with that price. my surgeon is mr sigurdsson and everything looks good with the read ups and qualifications he has, nhs registered too. Who is doing yours ? let me know how its going as ive been reading that you get an upset tummy when pre oping, im starting at the weekend, good to hear from you x

hi ya - not ignoring you!!! Been unable to get on til now!

Dr Simon Dexter is 'doing me'! I weighed in at 19.5lbs Monday just gone - just weighed myself today after basically living off vatfuls of homemade veg soup/ very little else - oooh apart from muller light yoghurts for breaky and I'm 18st10lbs - and a BMI of 40.6 - so nearly there! Seeiing him on fri for 1st consultation will seem so unfair at this point if he charges me £1k more!!! So yes am doing low fat diet now which i suppose is good cos gets me use to eating less already...

I cannot wait for the op - more so for a 24 hour break from kiddliwinks! (Aren't I cruel!?) I keep secretly getting thrills about how I may look for Xmas - my wish of looking normal is so close!!!

Do you find this forum addictive? I love reading anout the fairytale dream losses peeps are making!!! But am peeing myself at same time incase for some reason it won't work for me???

Hope you're well honey? x:smile2:

Hi ya! Yes have got it ta! Well done you - scary yet exciting isn't it? Whereabouts you getting yours done? I'm at Leeds... I've started pre-op diet now - infact and trying like crazy cos Gravitas lot said that if my BMI is 40 -45 itll cost £6950 but if I'm at least a 39 it's £1k CHEAPER!!! - £5,950! - Not a jot of difference to a Surgeon but an amazing difference to what that saving could do for me!! (any new clothes in near future for start off!!!) - so with a current BMI around 40 I'm going for it!!! keep in touch toots - and thanks for posting!

:)

When are you doing pre-op? x

ALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I DID IT! I managed to lose 1stoine 1 lb in 10 days - met with Simon Dexter - he was lovely. I go in THIS FRIDAY!!!!!!!:thumbup:

how are you?

Are you on pre op yet? I had a break from it all yesterday (last night - 'last supper' with pals) will get back to it all properly today! :)

I met a really nice lady in waiting room who was banded in February and has lost 3 stone!!! (she wasn't over big in the first place!) she showed me her scars and they were superficial and they placed a port under one of them - she said to feel and there was no 'obvious' lump to 'see' but you could feel it.

Now everyone is asking me about how I feel about op - sounds really daft I've seen all the pictures/ diagrams etc but not really thought about mechanics - I've my eye on the bigger picture. I suppose it is dawning on me that it IS an invasive procedure but as Dr said; I face worse health risks than those associated with surgery if I stay as I am and get any bigger.

I'm always saying it but I am fully aware it is a tool - not a cure - but how wonderful that whilst sorting my head stuff out I will be unable to hit thta self destruct button by eating my way happy on a bad day.

:w00t:I'm off to LAPland!!! Bring it the weightloss on!:( x

hi all

Thought I'd join you.

I go to Belgium to be banded on 10 September- getting closer all the time - bit nervous but I can't wait

Shaz

weight.png

Hello PinkShaz!

How are you feeling bout it all? Are you going with someone when you go? You must keep in touch as we're all so close on dates and will be great to swap notes etc together!

2 Days to go for me .............!!!!

Wonder if there's anyone else out there getting 'done' this week? x

Hi angelfizz

Can't wait! I'm a bit nervous about afterwards but am convinced I've made the right decision. My aunt is coming with me, she's only 8 years older than me - more like a big sister but skinny!!

I'd love to keep in touch - you'll be one week ahead of me and a pro by the time I go in next week.

Good luck for Friday - hope everything goes well and here's to a slim, healthy future

Shaz x

Hey you will be fine he is THE BEST abroad and please to hear with someone with you incase you're a bit wobbly after take peppermint tea with you (tip my sis gave me; for any post op gas) and loose fiiting stuff so comfy coming home! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK!!!!

Not sure bout pro LOL but thanks honey!! I've decided to live postop off left over Cambridge Diet and Slim Fast I have lurking about so I'll get my vits etc on the 2 week Fluid thing...? Then prob weetabix/ porridge for the mush bit after? I've a bloomin meal lined up at end of month - I'm gonna eat then LOL!

If I can help with any info PLEASE ask; as I got a pack with info sent thro. From generally noseying on here most peeps are tending to shed alot on 1st 2eeks then it curbs off - on notes I have it states could be cos band settled and healed so can eat more?

We'll need to take multi vit from op onwards too, esp when not eating alot! Am I coming across as military mindede? Ha ha must be the mum in me!

I bought a Betty Boop PJ set spesh for this! Am hoping it's the last BIG size I buy for a while.

Am raising a toast toall of us and our slinky future to be! (eek I wonder what we'll look like this time next year?)

Hey next thing girls is to get a ticker for our signatures!!!x

Will report back when home...later dudettes x

Well done you i knew you could do it big saving too eh !!! happy daze girl, just came on and its your band day its all over for you now hun hope your feeling ok and speak soon, you can give me all your tips because by 12th sept youll be well on your way, so pleased and excited for you babe bug hugs xxx

Well done you i knew you could do it big saving too eh !!! happy daze girl, just came on and its your band day its all over for you now hun hope your feeling ok and speak soon, you can give me all your tips because by 12th sept youll be well on your way, so pleased and excited for you babe bug hugs xxx

Hi ya sweetie - just a quick note to say hi and thank you for the messages! It is 1 week now since had it done!!! Ally honey without scare mongering it hurts love - Vanessa Feltz on Ultimate BB is seen saying she went to Belgium on the Friday and was back at work on the Monday SHE MUST DEFINE WORK!!! is all I can say - I was so niave! It really hurts you can't bend or lift for days and the gen anaethetic etc takes days to leave system - then there is the trapped wind (cos they use this to pump you up so organs separate easier to work on) that they take out but not all as the body has to absorb eventually - I didn't fart for 2 days!!! The relief when I did! LOL! Just make sure someone is with you - as you cannot carry bags well at all!!! And if have kids get as much help as poss - I'd have been lost without my mum for washing up/ washing and helping with bedtimes! The worse thing for me was not being able to cuddle my babies ...

You will be fine - but it is a major op - it ultimately is so worth it and keep that with you- I loved the peppermint tea for helping aid with the wind situation - am feeling very full after having just say 1 mushed up weetabix! So that's result already.

Wishing you love luck and great healing - to all reading- keep in touch xxx:thumbup: