Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What was your post-op eating schedule?

I am still on full liquids and am wondering what kind of eating plan/schedule everyone else was on in the first few weeks post op?

Right now I am sipping Protein Shakes and Water throughout the day with 1/2 cup for lunch and dinner.< /p>

Wanted to know what everyone else did and how was your weight loss in those first few weeks?

I was banded on July 23rd and I was supposed to do day 1-2 Clear Liquids, 3-7 full liquids, week 2 pureed, week 3-4 soft mechanical and 5+ weeks modified regular diet. Calorie intake is not supposed to be an issue until after I have my first fill (8/27) because once all of the swelling is down, I have no restriction in my band. I followed the clear/full liquids religiously, but only did 1 day of the pureed. I figured that if I took small enough bites and chewed them well enough it was the same thing as pureed and I'm not limited to Soups and baby food!

I went in for my 1 week post-op yesterday and I am down 17 pounds since my pre-op visit. I was told to expect my weight loss to slow down until my fill and not to be surprised if I gain a pound or two back. Until I get some restriction the weight loss won't really progress.

I hope that is the information that you are looking for and best of luck to you!

I was banded yesterday.... 36 hours ago. I'm sore, it's so hard to sit up if I lay in the bed... and I'm hungry. I really hope the next couple of days get better. The first day was terrible... I only stayed about 3 hours after my surgery. Carnation Instant Breakfast is working out okay.. and broth.< /p>

Dawn are you putting Protein in that carnation IBM and is it sugar free? Make sure you are getting your protein or you will crash..With the swelling and protein you should not be hungry that soon.

The soreness will last about a week.

You should start feeling like your old self again by the end of the second week. Good Luck

With the swelling and Protein you should not be hungry that soon.

Everyone is so different---some people are hungry right away, swelling and Protein or no. Some never need a fill.

Please don't feel as though there is something wrong with you if your experience does not fit this.

The carnation instant breakfast is a Protein drink.... it just feels like it's dropping 100 feet into an empty well.... LOL Two days since the surgery... I'm feeling a little better. I am a little confused about taking off the bandaids/leaving on the steri-strips and showering. I thought I had this all figured out before the surgery! LOL

Both hospitals I worked with advised to stay away from carnation instant breakfast..not enough Protein to much sugar in the non- sugar free type. Both hospitals STRESSED 60 grms of Protein per day. My post op eating schedule was as follows

day prior and day of Clear liquid

WEEK ONE: full liquids ie Protein shakes, greek yogurt, Soups with added unflavored Protein powder, sugar free popsicles

WEEK TWO AND THREE: liquifed pureeded so all the above plus egg salad, canned tuna, salmon, sardines, chicken all processed with a blender or immersion blender

WEEK FOUR: all the above plus, thin shaved deli meats, scrambled eggs, frittata, chilli, shepards pie

WEEK FIVE: regular controlled diet adding one new food per day to see how it is tolerated

They also have me logging in EVERYTHING i eat in a program that keeps track of calories, protein, fat etc. This keeps me honest and I can tell why i'm not feeling so hot. Today for example was not feeling well went in to the log and saw I did not have enough to drink over the past two days. Started drinking and I'm much better!

I was on Clear Liquids and skim milk only, for 3 weeks...I cheated the last few days with Protein Shakes (not enough calories or protein...my Doc has since added Protein shakes)...then I eased back to all foods...my Doc doesn't use mushies as they slide through too fast, but I did some anyway as I had them prepped and frozen.

so now that I'm home and not going out for a couple of days... what do I send my husband to get for me?

I vote sugar free popcycles..Thank God for them.

Thanks guys. It is really great to here everyone's eating schedules. They vary so much. I am 6 days post-op with no nausea, vomiting, or regurgitation. My body seems to be telling me to step it up a bit from shakes and blended creamed Soups but I am worried about damage to the band if I start mushies/solids too soon.

Hi there. I put out a similar post as well to try and find out what everyone else is doing and wow I am getting mixed responses. I was banded 7/21 and am on a 14 day liquid diet and then very soft foods, such as oatmeal, maltomeal, ect.. for another 7 days. I have lost almost 17 pounds. I received a 3cc fill during surgery and really haven't been too hungry until this weekend. I started on some Soups this weekend. How is yours going?

I second that one. They are a life saver.