Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

good news & bad news!

Apologies - I haven't been posting much lately - I do read all the new posts every night tho. I am finding it a bit isolated here in Ireland, I feel I don't have anything to contribute advice-wise as my experience of surgery etc seems so different from all of your experiences with the american / mexican doctors.

As I haven't told anyone here (except for our two dearest friends!) that I have the lap band, I feel like I am the only person in the universe going through this banded life! Thank god for this message board - it's (imho) the friendliest board and I smile every night reading the posts (and cheer for you all too!). So basically, I am feeling kinda lonely here, and having a bit of a moan! Please, you guys, COME VISIT!

Well, that was the bad news (which isn't so bad really) - the good news is that I feel I am doing really well with this amazing little tool. I have lost 30lbs to date, (today it is exactly 6 weeks since surgery) and yesterday was my birthday (34 - yay!). My family know I have been "dieting" and were all complementing me on looking slimmer - apparently my face shows the most, and whoda thunk it, but I may actually have cheekbones! Who knew???!!!! I just took a photo now at the pc to compare with my little avatar photo - which was taken last summer - please be kind and bear in mind it's after 11pm here, I had a long hard day and did my make up last at 7.45am!!!

I dunno if this will work anyway but here goes!

jesus h christ! I did everything my feeble brain could come up with to make this smaller! I now have the biggest face in the developed world!

sorry....

I can't do any better!

Does anyone know how I can sort this?.....hope none of you open it up too early in the morning!

sigh - I give up - I'm off to bed !

Bright,

Congratulations on the 30lbs! I'm not far behind you at 5 weeks and 25lbs.

I wish I could see your pic better, however, you have marvelous skin!

Thank goodness for this board!

Hi Bright!!

I've resized your photo, and yes indeed, you look terrific! Congratulations on the 30 lbs! I seem to have hit a brick wall but I've decided not to obsess about it until after the holidays. You should come around here more if you're lonely! :rolleyes:

post-203700-1381313122549_thumb.jpg

Hi Bright,

You look fantastic!!! You can really see the difference in your face. I have been having trouble lately with being compliant. THe last few weeks, I have been eating poorly and not sticking to the bandster lifestyle and I have not lost much this month so far. Anyway, I will go easy on myself during the holidays and not beat myself up for eating the wrong foods.

I missed you and Happy Birthday.!!!!:D :D :cool: :rolleyes::D

334/261/180

6/23/03

Bright,

I can totally tell in your face...I'm jealous! I think all my 25lbs came of my forearms...they are quite svelt...ahh yes just where I needed to lose it!

Feel free to email me any time you want to chat...we can be band buddies! Jayvue@aol.com

It must be something to do with the flip flops that your losing so well....hmmm...might have to pull mine out of the closet and give them a try!

Good luck love,

Jennye

Bright -

Of course you are looking gorgeous - you go girl!

I've been missing your posts, but haven't wanted to bug you. Sometimes we just need downtime to adjust to life.

But hey - if you're lonely... then screw that! :rolleyes:

How do you feel your experience has been different than the Am/Mex experience? TALK to us, girl!

And a belated, very, very, very happy birthday to you!

I have a funny story I'll PM you with later today... lol

hey bright!

WOWWWIEE WOW!!! you can tell a huge difference in your face!!!! you are so pretty too!

Happy Birthday!!! just think where you'll be next year!

i agree with donali tell how your feeling because your not alone youve got all your banding buddues on this forum rooting for you!!

thanks everyone for replying to my post - I feel a bit guilty this morning for whining to you all... and you're right Alexandra, (love your new picture by the way, you look about 19 in it now!) I should come on line for support more if that's what I need. Unfortunetly that is typical me, isolate myself and then complain about being lonely!

Oh and thanks for the complements - i look far from gorgeous but am surprised at the change in my face - I don't have as many chins now! Also my stomach has gone down a lot if you know what I mean.

I am really enjoying eating - I eat so little that I can really enjoying full cream yogurts, and salad dressings - dieting used to be so miserable with all the "diet" foods tasting of additives and sweetners. I am also delighted to be at a point where I seem to have broken my bad habits - eating between meals and eating at night - I was going to bed at nine some nights just so I wouldn't snack! But I'm taking each day as it comes - next month I may be blending big macs and cadbury's buttons! (chocolate buttons!)

I'm ashamed to say I am doing precious little exercise except for christmas shopping so am hoping catch the New Year's Resolution fever for joining the gym - my husband got me a great membership for my birthday!

Jennye - Definitely all the weight loss is down to the flip-flops - but tragically it's bloody freezing and wet here in Ireland at the moment so I'm back to wearing red runners!

Babs - hang in there - this is pretty much the hardest time of the year to stick to a rigid plan - it will all come together again in the new year!

Shelly - loved your pictures too - we are going to kick super-model ass next summer!

better go - must make dinner for kids - thanks for cheering me up guys xx

:kiss :kiss :kiss

Bright, you are a very pretty lady!

Don't feel bad about not knowing how to work the intricacies of the computer. I'm really computer-stupid, I couldn't post a picture if my life depended on it. My DH says I'm stubborn, but I don't really think that's it....I just have a hard time retaining info about how to do things on the 'puter unless I do them over and over and over.

All the ladies here are so pretty to me. :rolleyes: Inside and out!

.........for all your kind messages! My self esteem is soaring!

Tragically, Linda, I worked as a technical support agent for IBM, solving pc problems so I have no excuse! I am just pretty crap on the internet and am learning the whole digital photo thing!

I seem to be on a plateau (I now feel REALLY part of the banded community!) with my loss - 31lbs down in total but I haven't lost another ounce for the last TWO weeks - I am eating more carbs than I did in the first few weeks but still am only consuming less that a third of what I used to demolish! This is very frustrating, I keep feeling that I'm failing in some way - I know I'm sticking by the rules, so it strikes me as so bizzare the way our heads work - I guess I've been feeling like a failure for so long, it's hard to recognise sucess when it comes - 31lbs in almost seven weeks is way beyond what I even dreamt about losing at this stage - guess I have to have faith and hang in there!

hey bright i know exactly how you feel about 'feeling like your failing' i still feel just as fat as i was in may! everytime i see a person i havent seen in a while and i get that 'you look like your loosing' i smile and say thanks but i dont feel it!

we'll get there!