Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for September 2010 Bandsters

OK someone asked about books. I went to Barnes and Noble as well as Amazon and was amazed at how many books there are on weight loss. There are even an increased number of cookbooks for eating after weight loss surgery. the most popular seem to be: Eating Well After Surgery, Recipies for Life After Weight Loss Surgery, and the High Protein Cookbook. Just thought I'd share!:thumbup:

OK someone asked about books. I went to Barnes and Noble as well as Amazon and was amazed at how many books there are on weight loss. There are even an increased number of cookbooks for eating after weight loss surgery. the most popular seem to be: Eating Well After Surgery, Recipies for Life After Weight Loss Surgery, and the High Protein Cookbook. Just thought I'd share!:thumbup:

Oh there are others on learning about the various surgeries and how to deal with the emotions of it, but i figured the September bandstars are beyond that point.

Hello fellow North Carolinian! You are awesome going back to work so soon. Very few people know what is going on with me too. When I go out to lunch with my friends (once a month) this one girl says things like don't take her order, she doesn't need to eat anything. And she is my friend! I had panicked for two days following surgery, literally wanted to give my kitties back to the shelter and check into rehab. But after talking to my case manager, she talked me down, me and kitties are still here. I had one night where I thought I was starving, and decided I probably did not have enough to eat for the day. So I am counting calories, Protein and carbohydrates- losing 1-2 pounds a week will be just fine with me. Let us know how it went back at work. I am kinda scared of that. Not sure what food to bring etc.

Hey lady. I am doing better work was okay. Still sore but doc allowing me to sleep on my side just not my stomach. Pre op diet and surgery did a number on my hormones and it made me premenstrual earlier than expected. Go figure but nurse said that can happen. I'm hungry though and can't wait till I can have mushies next week

Well, I am pleased with the 20lbs, but that includes Pre-Op weight loss. I am actually down about 4lbs since my surgery.

BTW, 8/13 is my birthday.

Thanks for the encouragement and good luck to you!

Thanks and 8/13 is my birthday too!

:woot:I'm home ! I did so well yesterday for my surgery they sent me home same day.. i didn't even have to unpack my pj's till i got home =) The kids cleaned the whole house for me spotless.. it was so nice and they are all waiting on me.. including the hubby who took the night off when hospital called :thumbup: I went to the hospital yeterday @ 9:30am.. got me settle in Pre Op. but he had emergency surg so he told me we were gonna me a little later.. wheeled into OR about 11ish.. woke up around O i forget now but was pretty sedated.. the liquid meds and IV meds took care of most of the pain.. but honestly not that bad.. i expected more in the shoulders from gas.. i have some chest pain.. right under the breast and radiated to left shouder.. but percocet taking pretty good care of that and its ok. I feel a little queezy here and there. but i get up and walk a bit or take a little nap and i'm good. I stuck like glue to my two week liquid diet.and now am on liquid diet for another two weeks before mush food.. so i'll keep all posted. Havn't weight myself since last week and won't be able too for another 2 weeks.. :)

awesome news!

I had my surgery at 7 this morning which means we had to be at the hospital at 5 and had to leave at 4 in the morning. I couldnt sleep last night at all so I cleaned different things all night. Anyways, my doctor said it couldnt have gone better during surgery and to tell you the truth I didnt hurt at all like I had expected. Giving birth hurt alot more at least for me. I took the xray afterwards and I could kinda see my band. It was neat. I left the hospital around 11:30 and was home by 12:30 in the afternoon. Since I was so tired I came home and have been napping and my husband wakes me up every 4 hours to give me crushed up percasit which is gross but, hey it helps. Overall I have done great and if this is as much pain I will be in I am really happy.

Thanks,

Melissa Huff

Hi everyone. I had surgery on 9/17 and have had a few issues. Can someone help me please?

I have a lot of swelling post op and I'm having problems getting liquids down, particularly thicker liquids. I complained to my doctor and I had an esophagram 2 days post op. The esophogram came back great showing my band is placed well and food IS going down correctly without leakage.

However, I am still concerned. It take me FOREVER to eat liquids and get it to go all the way down to my stomach.

I find Protein Shakes too thick so I have been making them twice as thin by adding twice as much skim milk. This seemed to help but it still took 2 hours to get 8 oz of Fluid all the way down. I'm afraid I won't get enough nutrition at this rate. My stomach is growling right now but I just finished a V8 juice (I drank 11.5 oz over 30 minutes time). It seems to be going down a little faster than the CIB shake but it will pobably be 1 hour or more until it is all down. I'm hungry but I feel I cannot take anything more. What's the trick I'm missing? Or is this the new amount I have to get used to eating? All I had today was 1/2 CIB shake (about 4.5 oz), 4 oz skim milk and 11.5 oz of V8 juice. I've been afraid to waste any room on Water so I have not drank anything but what I told you.

Hi Maxi,

Hang in there it gets better. Your stomach is still swollen from the surgery. My doctor told me that around 7-10 days, the swelling from the surgery will have almost completely disappeared which will be when my appetite will return. He was right. I'm sure each day you'll be able to drink more in a quicker time.

Don't worry about eating, we can got over a week without food but only a few days without water, so drink, drink and drink more.

tomorrow is my big day also. i am at work. I am doing the liquid diet, not too hungry. i has some wonton Soup without the wonton. one of the attorneys was walking around the office with donuts. ugghhhh. my only problem is i am feeling constipated, having gone in a few days. hope i don't have problems with that afterwards. good luck to everyone having surgery tomorrow, can't wait to read all of our stories.

You guys are so awesome to be able to work on the liquid diet days. It was just a coincidence that my surgery was scheduled right after my day off, so I could stay home and drink fluids and pee, pee, and pee. Once I discovered the SF Jello, it made the liquid diet much better. It took me 5 days from there (surgery was the next day) until I had a BM. I think the pain meds tie up your bowels. By this time tomorrow you may be home.

Edited by missjoany
sp

I had my surgery at 7 this morning which means we had to be at the hospital at 5 and had to leave at 4 in the morning. I couldnt sleep last night at all so I cleaned different things all night. Anyways, my doctor said it couldnt have gone better during surgery and to tell you the truth I didnt hurt at all like I had expected. Giving birth hurt alot more at least for me. I took the xray afterwards and I could kinda see my band. It was neat. I left the hospital around 11:30 and was home by 12:30 in the afternoon. Since I was so tired I came home and have been napping and my husband wakes me up every 4 hours to give me crushed up percasit which is gross but, hey it helps. Overall I have done great and if this is as much pain I will be in I am really happy.

Thanks,

Melissa Huff

AWESOME! You are home. Glad you are feeling as good as you are, keep up the good work.

Oh there are others on learning about the various surgeries and how to deal with the emotions of it, but i figured the September bandstars are beyond that point.

Thanks, will be checking Amazon shortly.

I am being banded tomorrow as well, I am scared, nervous, excited, anxious! I will be thinking about everyone who is going on this journey yesterday, today, tomorrow, and beyond! Good luck!

Can't wait to hear from all the bandsters tomorrow. It does get better every day. You guys are my buddies as no one else knows what we are going through.

Hi September Bandster Fam :)

Tomorrow is "The Day" at 11am. I can't wait I have been extremely anxious for weeks maybe months now. I haven't experienced any nervousness yet.

I started my liquid diet 9/13/2010 by choice. The doctor only recommended 9/15/2010 until the surgery date. The liquid diet was not at all bad. Maybe because the nutrionist and doctor confirmed it was ok to have fresh raw veggies. so 2 alternating days out of the 10 I had broth and romaine lettuce.

This was great. Besides that I have been having the sugar free fat free Jello, all the flavors are great, I have been drinking the Unjury Protein Drink (Vanilla) not bad with Fat Free Lactaid milk. I have been drinking plenty of broth as well. Anyway Today 9/21/2010 is the day before my surgery so I will be doing strictly liquids.

I honestly feel great and had no problem with this pre op diet. Although I usually try to fast at least twice out the year, maybe this is why it didnt bother me. Needless to say I cant wait for tomorrow 9/22/2010. Im so very anxious and excited:redface:.

LETS GO SEPTEMBER BANDSTERS LETS GO :thumbup:

I figured it out DAh

Edited by highlojack

Hello everyone! I see some of you have had some great outcomes with surgery! This is exciting and nerve wracking all in one! Tomorrow is my day and I'm hungry! Not complaining, just hungry. I will try to go to bed early, but doubt I will do much sleeping. Have to be at Rhode Island hospital at 9 am. Hope that doctor is well rested!

Good luck to everyone on continued success!

Edited by highlojack

Hi Everyone,

It's Mytrice. I had my surgery Monday and all is well. My pain is minimal and no gas pain. Thank God. The hospital staff were awesome. My doctor, Jeff Lord said the surgery went great. I did not use the pain pump much. I can not believe how scared I was last week. I'm tried so I'm going to sleep will post more later.

Stay Strong and post often

Myt :thumbup:

Hello everyone! I see some of you have had some great outcomes with surgery! This is exciting and nerve wracking all in one! Tomorrow is my day and I'm hungry! Not complaining, just hungry. I will try to go to bed early, but doubt I will do much sleeping. Have to be at Rhode Island hospital at 9 am. Hope that doctor is well rested!

Good luck to everyone on continued success!

Looking forward to hearing you are home and resting comfortably.