Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Yikes, got my first fill...4cc in a 10cc band...no restriction, help me!

Doc doesn't seem concerned :mad2:and I can't get another fill for over a month:crying:. Other than the first few days after surgery, it is like I haven't had anything done! I can eat normally, just as if I hadn't had anything done. The doc had a long time finding my port and I had Fluid on top of the port, which he says happens and he said he removed it. He didn't put me under a scope, just by feel, so I wondering if the fluid got in the port.I'm trying to be good, but I am so disappointed! Every time I go to his office, I have to wait for hours and while I am sure he is a great doctor, I am just feeling so frustrated:cursing:.Please give me your great advice!

Many people are frustrated at the beggining. It usually takes a few fills to get restriction- it took me 3. For the first 2-3 months I felt like I had nothing done. Hang it there! It will happen! Keep us posted.

1) Other than rare cases (1%) it takes several fills to get restriction, so basically your in the 99% with the rest of us.

2) At my last fill I thought they had poked a hole in my band because not only did I not have an increase in restriction but it seemed like what I had was gone. Fast forward 10 days and BAM!, sweet spot perfection, not too loose, not too tight and its been like that for a couple of months now.

My advice, Keep the faith! You can do it! You will get restriction but its going to take some time. Read the posts from people who got filled too fast, had to have a complete unfill, wait 6 weeks and start again, you don't want that. Slow and steady wins the race. OK, cliché time is over, but you know what I mean. :)

thank you guys for the post. Do you mean that the restriction may kick in days later? Wonder why it would do that, but that would be wonderful!!!!

Yes, restriction can take days to weeks to kick in. I had my 3rd fill about 3 weeks ago. I'm now finding out that I am too tight.

I've had 4 fills with 7 cc in a Realize band, and I'm not at restriction. I don't know if I'm near yet because I haven't had much trouble eating. It can be frustrating, but I think it will be worth it when we get restriction.

4 cc is a pretty aggressive fill--it's important not to advance too quickly, because swelling can set you WAY back in the process.

Trust your doctor--he's not taking it particularly slowly. he's just making sure he doesn't overdo it for you early in the game and cause you problems.

On the fill before last, I got lots of restriction WELL after my fill date; no idea why that happened---I felt little change, then over time, it settled in and I had far more.

I know it's hard to be patient--but you will get there!

4 cc is a pretty aggressive fill--it's important not to advance too quickly, because swelling can set you WAY back in the process.

Trust your doctor--he's not taking it particularly slowly. he's just making sure he doesn't overdo it for you early in the game and cause you problems.

On the fill before last, I got lots of restriction WELL after my fill date; no idea why that happened---I felt little change, then over time, it settled in and I had far more.

I know it's hard to be patient--but you will get there!

Thanks for the explaining, I was wondering why by doctor just gave me tenths of a cc on my last two fills and now I know.

I have been banded for six months. It took 6 fills before I reached restriction ( I *just* got here)

What I did in the meantime was to measure all my food in 1/2 cup containers. I would try to go the full 4 hours without eating but if I was starving I would eat a little out of the next meal. At the end of the day, I was still eating close to what I was supposed to ( even though I wasn't following the 3 meals a day/ no snacking rule)

Good Luck.....make sure you are taking measurements and weighing in only one a week. I will think I am stalled out but when I look at a month at a time verses a day at a time I see a 5lb drop each month.

Also--seeing the measurements really makes a difference. And monthly photos really keep me motivated!

What good advice...i have always run from the camera and haven't taken measurements....and, unfortunately, I weigh myself each day AT LEAST! I have a scale that tells me my fat percentage, Water weight, bone weight and muscle. Not sure how accurate it is, but it is motivating. My doc said if I keep up the Protein, I wouldn't lose muscle, and according to the scale, that is what happened! Thanks again for your response.:thumbup: