Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok, my band slipped, and I cant drink anything, let alone eat. So, I called yesterday, they told me I had to pay 1700 to get the band out. I was approved for a revision surgery for gastric bypass, have to pay 2300. Not that much in difference. So, here I am talking to the people there, telling them, look what am I supposed to do? go to the er and get fluids every day? She says, I cant help you there. I said, are you just going to let me die? She was so whacked out. I can not get this thing removed. Im in pain. Constant pain. The burning in my throat is killing me. My insurance covered a good bit of the procedure, and it was 2 in one procedures. I dont see why they wont work something with me. Im going to end up dying cause of them. What do I do? When I swallow spit I throw it back up. The GERD is killing me. I cant even look at the meters below, at my weight loss cause I gained 50 back. How depressing. You know, I would NOT recommend, Carolina Surgical Clinic, to anyone ever again, and I sent them 3 others, my family members. I mean what the crap. So now Im waiting for them to return my call, which at this point I dont think will happen. I want both surgeries. But, now, I just want this band out so I can drink again. I have had nothing but problems with this band. If you have GI problems of any kind, dont get it. DONT. Unless youre on constant strong meds. I dont know whats left to do. Let it take me? Or what. Im starting to get weak from it. :confused:

Ok, my band slipped, and I cant drink anything, let alone eat. So, I called yesterday, they told me I had to pay 1700 to get the band out. I was approved for a revision surgery for gastric bypass, have to pay 2300. Not that much in difference. So, here I am talking to the people there, telling them, look what am I supposed to do? go to the er and get fluids every day? She says, I cant help you there. I said, are you just going to let me die? She was so whacked out. I can not get this thing removed. Im in pain. Constant pain. The burning in my throat is killing me. My insurance covered a good bit of the procedure, and it was 2 in one procedures. I dont see why they wont work something with me. Im going to end up dying cause of them. What do I do? When I swallow spit I throw it back up. The GERD is killing me. I cant even look at the meters below, at my weight loss cause I gained 50 back. How depressing. You know, I would NOT recommend, Carolina Surgical Clinic, to anyone ever again, and I sent them 3 others, my family members. I mean what the crap. So now Im waiting for them to return my call, which at this point I dont think will happen. I want both surgeries. But, now, I just want this band out so I can drink again. I have had nothing but problems with this band. If you have GI problems of any kind, dont get it. DONT. Unless youre on constant strong meds. I dont know whats left to do. Let it take me? Or what. Im starting to get weak from it. :thumbup:

On top of that, i have been to the hospital 2 times, throwing up blood, the first time they seen a hernia, and the band slippage. I mean cant people care enough to help others?:confused:

I dont have any great words of wisdom, but you have to get it out. You could end up killing yourself.

I dont have any great words of wisdom, but you have to get it out. You could end up killing yourself.

Thats whats going to happen, cause no one will help me come up with the money. I know that times are tough but isnt a life more important than material possessions? I have almost lost all faith in mankind. Im supposed to go in tomorrow, they still want me to pay co pay even though I told them I do not have the co pay til friday. Well, still doesnt matter, gotta have it. My co pay is only 40, but is a lot for someone who is unemployed and has to rely on others for help. Im scared to death. I dont know what to do. I cant take my anxiety meds, and and im already terrified of dying. I had a payer to pay for the surgeries, but they backed out. Which, I considered them family. I just have no idea of what to do.

If you are unemployed, would it possible to apply for medicaid and get them to cover it.

Most hospitals have Charity Care of some kind. If you have no income you would qualify. I would go to the Emergency Room as a start and see what they can do for you.

Prayers your way.

Thanks guys, but, I have been to the hospital, actually 2 times already, they told me to follow up with my doctor, and I cant get medicaid, I make too much on my unemployment. Hopefully something will work tomorrow, I am so sick of my throat burning.

This is terrible!!! Sorry to hear this. It does seem like the charity hospital should be able to help or make some kind of payment arrangements with you. Will pray for you and keep us posted on your outcome.