Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Leigha I'm so sorry to hear about your struggles! :) LOL You are doing a wonderful job and are a big inspiration to me! I feel my clothes getting to big for me and it keeps me motivated! I can't wait until my butt fits into a size 6/8!:thumbup:

Amazing changes! It's so cool to start experiencing them.

Right now, I'm struggling with the butt bone thing---it can be hard to get comfy! And I'm always cold--something that is totally new for me.

I love that my necklaces are looser; I was acutely aware of the fat pad at the back of my neck, and seeing it melt is one of the best things I've yet experienced.

That, and leg-crossing (without having to grab on to the cuff of my pants to haul my leg up) and ease in tying shoes! Shoelaces that are tied in the center, rather than off to the side because I couldn't quite reach....

Having lots and lots of extra space in the bathtub---and having the Water cover my body.

I'm pushing 50---and instead of looking older and more haggard as my face gets thinner, I look younger--which I love. The rest of me may be getting saggy (oh, who am I kidding? it was sagging when it was full of fat), but my face is not. Hooray!

Sure, I have bariatric tennis-ball-in-tubesocks boobs---but it's not like after 2 pregnancies and nursing two kids that they weren't headed in that direction anyway (and it's not like I'm not already scouting plastic surgeons!)....and yes, I have tummy wrinkles. But by and large, my skin is rebounding really nicely. And it looks a heck of a lot better empty and wrinkly than it did full of fat.

Isn't it wonderful? It's so cool---all of the things we'd hoped for, actually coming to pass.

I'm glad you're experiencing it all, too, Leigha. It's a great feeling.

Just like a dream come true! See, there is a little magic in that band. :thumbup:

Keep up the good work!

im actually wearin more make up cuz I feel more attractive..I always look nice now, Im loving the new change

Me too on the wearing more makeup. I had gotten to a point where I really did not give a crap and thought there was no point in makeup but now am back to my old self who refuses to go anywhere without putting makeup on. I think that is a good thing.

Congratulations on all those victories. The knees knocking at night sounds like a pain actually. I'm not bleeding for you though! I agree about the crossing legs thing. I used to hate sitting there like a linebacker with everyone else in their cute skinny jeans with their legs crossed and wrapped around each other 17 times. I'm nowhere close to that, but I can cross the suckers. Betsy I had to laugh about the cuff of the pant grab. I definitely know that one.

Indeed the boobs are the sacrificial weight loss thing. Small price to pay. I nursed three kids for three years (total, not each!) and only had a giant hunk of fat standing between me and my skinny friends' saggy boobs anyway. I wish it were possible to just get a lift instead of a lift and implants, but it sounds like that's just kind of the deal. But I digress.

I still can't fit my engagement and wedding rings on, but I'm thinking that might have as much to do with the weather and the humidity. My feel haven't changed either and I wish they would. They're so wide and not cute! I'm still hot all the time and whiny about that, but I think that just might be who I am, fat or not. I do see collarbones and if I recall, I had some good ones. I used to lift weights a lot in the past so it's not taking long to get some muscle back, although I see that the skin on my arms and legs is unfamiliarly loose. Hopefully some more pumping Iron will change that.

I need to try and take a bath again. If I don't feel like a beached whale in two inches of Water I'll praise jesus. And I'm Jewish.

Funnily, I can't point to too many things, but I think that was always part of my problem. I didn't notice myself gaining a hundred pounds, so why should I notice myself losing it either? I need my trusty scale to remind me that this is really happening. Don't get me wrong though. I'm as thrilled as the next guy!

Great thread. I was at church yesterday (I hadn't been in forever b/c I couldn't fit into my Sunday best clothes for months) and I actually caught 2 guys looking at me though my first reaction was Who me? and looking over my shoulder....b/c I still have a ways to go.

Great post- I still have a long ways to go before I see many of these things but I did notice yesterday at church that I was making butt bone to pew contact- it was cool lol...

Great positive thread.

I'm not banded yet. I was approved but no surgery date yet.

I can't wait to see some of the changes you guys have.

This year I'm really starting to suffer from fat girls problems.

Yesterday my DH had to buckle my shoes for me because I can't bend down to do it.

I have not crossed my legs in years. I would love to sit like a lady with my legs crossed neatly and without it hurting.

Even though I have a ton of beautiful shoes. When your this big it can be your only indulgence to buy pretty shoes but I would gladly replace them all if my feet shrunk.

I would love to sit without worrying about who's seeing my belly sitting in my lap. I also spend a lot on great purses so I'm looking forward to the day when I can sit in a chair and my bag can sit next to me in the same chair.

We're having a heatwave in NY this week and I hate it. I can't take the heat I wonder if it will be better for me when I drop 100 lbs? I can't wait to find out hopefully by next Summer.

LapNYC, your post made me smile.

Many things have changed for me as well. I'll try to think of them, but may need to add to my list later. Just trying to come up with a list of changes helps the esteem.

1. I've survived this journey for almost 1 year without much mental damage!

2. was size 24 (yikes!) am now size 12 or 14!

3. saggy, saggy, saggy............my arms are a sad situation & I still think it's better than obese arms!

4. I could always cross my legs, but now it feels and looks so much better!

5. I feel Lanky! That's right, L A N K Y! I've missed that feeling.

6. I can wear my pretty rings again!

7. I look better in clothes and can fit in my smaller sizes of clothes I saved for that someday when I'd diet back in to them.

8. My hair re-growth is getting some length to it finally! The hairloss was a very big bad change, but I'm on the other side of that hill now.

9. People treat me better in general.

Fantastic! At 55 years old, i'm seeing a transformation I can't believe. My husband can't believe my small butt. But he loves it!

I went shopping in the non-fat girl section today for the first time since I was about 14 or so....I all but cried in the dressing room (I'd actually brought some 16Ws in to try on to because I was convinced the plain 16s wouldn't fit). And I've recently discovered these 2 lumpy things on either side of my neck, I think they are called collar bones but I've never (personally) seen 'em before so I'm not positive....

Leigha-you are an inspiration to all of us both with your success and your attitude...I'm sorry things are such a day to day struggle for you. I'll keep you in my prayers! :-P

Thanks, I love the positive posts!! I am not only not hot, I am cold most of the time!! (I know it is summer) I love the hot days now. I do live in the mountains of Idaho, so we do not have humidity!! I feel for the folks in the heat wave who do have to deal with humidity. If we had humidity, I would have to complain about the heat, and I so do not want to do that.....

When I go shopping, I find myself in the plus size clothes. When I realize it, I leave and go to the proper section, but in a few minutes, I am back in the plus sizes. Need to retrain my brain.

People often say they did not recognze me, and it always surprises me. I feel like me, so I always smile at myself.

My husband and I are divorced now, but have remained friends. He is always making comnnents about my "little" butt!! The word 'little" is very hard for me to wrap my brain around.

I am not sagging near as much as I thought I would, but I am 59 and my skin is now crepy (spelled that wrong I am sure).

People say things like "Don't blow away now honey" and "You don't want to lose too much" !! (I am quite sure I won't get "too thin") Lol!!!

I don't care about food anymore, and I spend very little money on it. When I go out to eat, I always take enough home to feed me for a couple days!!!

I am getting a new very short haircut tomorrow and a dramatic new color!! I am going to find out if Blonds have more fun!! I am also getting a tattoo with two if my daughters..... YaHoo!! Hugs to all!!!

When I went in for my third fill last week the nurse "yelled" at me for wearing clothes that were too baggy - said she could not measure me properly and that it was time to get some clothes that fit.

So, today I got out the box of clothes that I had packed up early this year to take to goodwill but never got around to taking and what fun that was - most everything in there fits me now!

The only thing better than shopping is shopping in your own closet and not spending any money. Sometimes procrastination is a good thing! :confused: