Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Breakfast ideas?

I had Cereal for Breakfast and it isn't sustaining me. I'm at pretty good restriction as my doctor and I agreed that we would wait for the first adjustment. I normally feel satisfied but I'm thinking that since it's mostly carbs that's why I don't feel satisfied. i just can't have eggs everyday!! TIA for suggestions.

I usually have to change my breakfast up a lot so I don't eat the same things day after day. I usually can't ever feel sustained with cereal. What I have found that works are:

yogurt parfait with fruit and granola

cottage cheese and fruit

Quaker Weight Control oatmeal (has Protein in it)

I love making a breakfast taco with whole wheat tortilla, scrambled egg, and either bits of ham, potato, or refried Beans.

Hope this helps!

I just bought the Special K low fat granola, it's new and pretty good with yogurt and fruit.< /p>

I use Labrada rockin&rollin peanut bars. 21 gm Protein, only2gm sugar.290 calories. The bars taste good & fill me up for approx 4 hrs.

One great idea I got from another post many weeks ago was 1/2c canned pumpkin (not pie filling but pure pumpkin)

1c almond milk, 1 scoop vanilla Protein powder, a dash of pumpkin pie spice , 1 tsp sugar free caramel davinci Syrup.< /p>

I blend all together the night before and it "sets" in the fridge and can eat with a spoon. Delish!!

Nutritional value - 28 grams Protein, 3 grams fat, 13 grams carbs - 210 calories. Keeps me satisfied for easily 5 hours.

Another thing I'll try is 1/2c yogurt or fat free cottage with 1 scoop unflavored soy protein mixed in. Also very satisfying. 20gms protein in soy powder and additional protein in cottage cheese but not so much in yogurt. I have a hard time finding the greek hi protein yogurt that everyone seems to love. You could even mix in a 1/8th or

1/4 cup of Kashi Go Lean Cereal for a bit more protein but additional carbs.

These are usually quick and convenient for leaving the house by 6:30 am, and are options for something other than just having a shake everyday. I like to mix things up.

Good luck!!

Perhaps change your cereal. Anything that is in flake form is basically rubbish - no matter how many health claimes it makes, its an overly processed grain product.

Proper oatmeal - rolled oats (or steel cut I think you call them) is a good choice or any good organic muesli/granola with nuts and seeds and some fruit in it. Not toasted, processed stuff.

Those are cereals that contain a fair bit of Protein and a LOT of fibre that will stick with you for the morning.

I dont like bacon at all, disgusting fatty meat, ugh. And I dont fancy eggs every day. I wont eat cooked breakfasts like that, dont have time and dont have the appetite for them. I do fine on oatmeal or muesli, or the occasional fruit smoothie - banana, skim milk and Peanut Butter is a good one, and I guess you can add Protein Powder if you're into it.

Kashi Go lean has great Protein and fiber.. like 10 grams.. low everything else.. and that will keep you going.. I sometimes just have a half cup in milk.. and bring a half cup with me and eat it dry at work if I get hungry before lunch. .. It is just better than turning to something bad if you feel hungry and it is very portable..

South Beach Protein Bars make a good breakfast as well as Yogurt

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Mr.Kantos

Just signed up. Feeling optimistic.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Frugal

Welcome to Frugal Testing, where we are committed to revolutionizing the software testing landscape with our efficient and affordable solutions. As a pioneering company in this field, we understand the challenges faced by startups, small to medium-sized businesses and any organization working without budget constraints. Our mission is to deliver top-notch testing services that ensure the highest quality of software, all while keeping your costs in check.
      Frugal Testing offers a comprehensive suite of testing services tailored to meet diverse needs. Specializing in different types of testing including functional testing, automation testing, metaverse testing and D365 testing, we cover all bases to guarantee thorough software quality assurance. Our approach is not just about identifying bugs; it's about ensuring a seamless and superior user experience.
      Innovation is at the heart of what we do. By integrating the latest tools and technologies, many of which are cutting-edge open source solutions, we stay ahead in delivering efficient and effective testing services. This approach allows us to provide exceptional quality testing without the high costs typically associated with advanced testing methodologies.
      Understanding each client's unique needs is fundamental to our service delivery. At Frugal Testing, the focus is on creating customized testing strategies that align with specific business goals and budget requirements. This client-centric approach ensures that every testing solution is not only effective but also fully aligned with the client's objectives.
      Our team is our greatest asset. Composed of skilled professionals who are experts in the latest testing techniques and technologies, they bring dedication, expertise and a commitment to excellence in every project. This expertise ensures that our client’s software not only meets but often exceeds the highest standards of quality and performance.
      Frugal Testing is more than just a service provider; we are a partner in your success. With a blend of quality, innovation and cost-effectiveness, we are here to help you navigate the complexities of software testing, ensuring your product stands out in today's competitive market. 
      · 0 replies
    • ChunkCat

I have no clue where to upload this, so I'll put it here. This is pre-op vs the morning of my 6 month appointment! In office I weight 232, that's 88 lbs down since my highest weight, 75 lbs since my surgery weight! I can't believe this jacket fit... I am smaller now than the last time I was this size which the surgeon found really amusing. He's happy with where I am in my weight loss and estimates I'll be around 200 lbs by my 1 year anniversary! My lowest weight as an adult is 195, so that's pretty damn exciting to think I'll be near that at a year. Everything from there will be unknown territory!!

· 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

You look amazing!!! 😻 you have been killing it!

2. NickelChip

Congratulations! You're making excellent progress and looking amazing!

3. BabySpoons

So proud of you Cat. Getting into those smaller size clothes is half the fun isn't it?. Keep up the good work!!!!

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

That's brilliant! You've done amazing!! I should probably think about changing my profile picture at some point. Mine is the doll from Squid Games. Ironically the whole premise of the show is about dodging death. We've both done that...

• eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches