Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am scheduled for July surgery. I have read and read on these boards and find that ALL the postings support the literature, classes and statistics received from my surgeon's office. When I read the occassional crazy post from a person who seems completely uneducated about what they just did to themselves, I imagine that those are the category of people that are contributing to the failure rates of the band. When I read about people who live too far from their doctors office to properly address the needs of their band (too tight, too loose, possible slippage, etc.) or when someone can't affort a fill or an appointment, then I am thankful that my doc's office is 20 minutes from my house and that his fee includes ANY issues that arise in the first 2 years of having the band. I realize that a successful program has been laid out in front of me...it is up to me to educate myself, work it and reap the benefits!

Good Afternoon:

I get banded on 7/1. I have been on this forum every day since about Feb 1st. I think I know what to expect.

When I started here, I didn't know what I didn't know. Later I realized what I didn't know and did my research. Now I think I have covered all aspects of the process. My only uncertainty is my reaction to the bumps in the road. Yes I intend to be strong, and not a whiner. If I have a problem or a bad few days, I will probably stay off here so I dont bring others down. Sometimes you just have to suck it up and gut it out.

I remember when I would try to quit smoking, I became an absolute bear. It got to the point that my wife and kids didn't want to try to quit again:mad:. I finally quite about 12 years ago. I have found that you will do what you have to do only when you are ready. When I start wondering about my resolve I look at the pics we took of me last week -- that pretty much settles it.

Regards

Hal

That is terrific you are getting banded in July. Please do not hesitate to post here if you have questions, need support, or just need to share your experience. People listened, supported and responded to me and it really helped.

No one should have to walk on egg shells when they need support. I find it very sad that you would feel this way. As long as you are being curteous and not slamming someone else, you should get all you can from this site.

Please feel free to post and share. There are many of us who will respond to you, even if you are down. Sometimes sharing your negative experiences can help someone else know they are not alone. Also share your positives when those happen. Those are great fun!

Best of luck to you! Soon you will be on the "banded side".