Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where is your port positioned????

I am heading back in to the hospital this Tuesday to get my new port put in, and my surgeon is changing where it will be located.

I have a diagram in a photo below to show you where my old port is and where my new port will be.

It got me thinking where are other people's ports located as I am concerned that my new port although it will be easier for my dr to fill, may be in an uncomfortable spot for me.

Any feedback on where ports are placed would be greatly appreciated.

Here is the picture below....Red is where my new port is going and Blue is where my old port is

(click on picture to enlarge for a better view)

post-277630-13813139355371_thumb.jpg

First off.....You gotta love the body in the picture....uh..hello..it's a port for a LAP BAND, people!! Just sort of cracks me up!

Anyway...What's the reason you're getting a new port? You mentioned it will be easier for your Dr. to give you fills. Is that why you're getting a new one? It's difficult to get fills? I'm just curious. I just had surgery on June 3rd, so I'm in the beginning stages, however, in the past when I've been thinner, my stomach has always been my best feature (ahhh..those were the days!!). Well, now I can feel my port and I'm concerned when I lose a bunch of weight it's going to stick out. I've heard they can change the placement of the port and put it under a muscle or put a smaller one in, but didn't know how difficult it was. Anyway..just curious.

My port is located where the blue dot is on the little model body. Have you asked your doctor about the placement and if it bothers people there? She/he would probably know.

Anyway...good luck to you!!!

Ang

First off.....You gotta love the body in the picture....uh..hello..it's a port for a LAP-BAND®, people!! Just sort of cracks me up!

:frown: Me toooo LOL

I was going to write this is my gorgeous body (i WISH) :wink5:

I did take a photo of where my scar is but then couldnt bring myself to post my tummy for all the world to see....I would have just scarred people for life :Yawn: :rolleyes:

Anyhoo.....I should have mentioned the reason for my port replacement, its a long story but to cut it shortish this will be my 3rd operation in 6 months :tongue:

Had the lapband surgery all went well, then after a few months I developed a leak in the port tubing so just a couple of months ago had to have the port and tubing replaced. The surgeon replaced it into the same spot and when I went to get a fill during this week just been, the dr couldnt fill it so back to the surgeon the next day and he tried and said, my dear it has flipped.....so praying that 3rd times a charm I am back in on Tuesday for yet another port replacement.

They think that it flipped because of it not adhearing due to scar tissue etc.

It's only day surgery but as you can see from the sexy diagram, I will have to have another inscision so I am guessing it will be pretty uncomfortable but I will just have to suck it up and get over it....it's only pain afterall :sad:

I have the realize band and its on the other side pretty much where the blue line is... I have heard of other lap band people having a port where your new one will be and they like that they can show their new flatter tummies off with out the port sticking out.

Three surgeries in 6 months! You poor thing!!! Well...THIS one's the one that's going to work!! And...since your port won't be sticking out once your lose your weight, you WILL look like the chic in the picture!!!

Good luck to you!!!

mine is where the red dot it. doesn't bother me where it is. i haven't had a fill yet so after that i might change my mind lol.

Mine is just a tad bit lower than the red dot. That location has worked well for me. It is much higher than the waitsband of pants (even high waisted ones) and much lower than my bra. I am a stomach sleeper and the position works well for that too. Fills have been no problem.

Hi:

Mine is where your new port will be. I love mine because it's nice and flat and out of the way. Very comfortable after the initial healing period.

Best wishes to you.

Sue

Thanks Sue

I am glad to hear that someone else has it in that spot and is happy with it.

I have a lot of trouble sleeping on my tummy where the port is now so I am hoping that it will be easier to sleep with the port in the new position.

It's hard when your a tummy sleeper.

I have a red dot port and I've had no problems with it. I've had 10-15 fills and it's never really bothered me. My doctor does my fills standing up because gravity does her art and makes the port easy to find.

red, .....

I'm a concerned with port placement because I have (what I thought was) a floating rib on the left side. My doctor said it was actually a broken rib, after feeling around, and is looking forward to seeing the x-ray as it is a first for him. He didn't think placing the port near it would bother me, but I dunno.. I think I'd prefer the red dot, though it looks like a support bra might end up on top of it?

Edited by Sooz

Yes the bra thing is worrying me a bit as I have to wear an underwire bra.....boobs being not what they used to be :frown:

So sorry to hear that you broke a rib.....thats horrible are you in any pain???

Thats great to hear yours is going well in that spot onikenbai