Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do slips lead to erosion????

Hi:

My band slipped. I don't know what caused this, but I started to gain weight and noticed that I could eat more than I had been. Other than that no symptoms. Went to doctor thinking I needed a fill and he said that no, actually I had a small slip (shown by barium swallow xray). He unfilled me back on 5/8. I've been back twice and the slip hasn't repaired itself. I'm trying ten days of liquids now and am going back this Friday for another barium swallow. Neither of my band doctors think that the liquids for ten days will help, but they thought it wouldn't hurt to try. So, try I will!

I just started a new job in January and don't want to take time off for surgery to have it repaired. In fact, I will probably just schedule a week of vacation time and not tell them that I'm having surgery. I don't have any pain, just some heartburn that I haven't felt since I started liquids. I'd love to put off having the repair surgery for a couple of months. Does waiting with a small slip lead to erosion? I don't want to risk that because I need to have a band. I'll be asking my doctor on Friday, if it hasn't fixed itself. Just a little impatient and wondering if anyone else knows.

Please let me know if you know the answer.

Thanks.

I still love my band, we're just not getting along lately!

Sue

Hi:

Just bumping this post up because I didn't get any responses yet. I hope someone knows.

Thanks.

Sue

I do not know the ansewer to your question, but if it gets bad enough I think the ansewer is yes....I am in the same boat, I would like to put it off until the end of July....I also started having reflux, my only symptom...please let me know what they tell you...my reflux went away when they took out the fluid........

Sorry would also like to know what else you have learned about slippage...Thanks for the info....good luck.....

Update. Went to doctor today. Had another barium swallow. The slip is the same as it was. Doctor said that it won't lead to erosion by putting off having it fixed. He said that I may gain weight because my pouch is too big because of slip. So, I'll go back in two more weeks to check the slip again. I hope I don't gain weight. I lost 10 pounds this week on liquids only, but I'm back on food again.

Best wishes to all you slippees out there!

Sue

Doggone it, Sue, I am sorry this has happened. I am glad, though, that your question was answered and waiting won't lead to erosion.

Mimi

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      Just for fun last week, I ran two 5Ks in two days, something I would have never done in the past! Next goal is a 10K before the end of this month.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

Amazing! Congrats!!! Watch out for the sharks. 🦈

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches