Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is it just me or do people put the most unhealthy delicious food in front of you the minute you tell them you are trying to eat healthy. Jeez oh petes. :smile: I have one friend at school I told about the surgery and my diet Im doing now and she normally eats healthy about 75% of the time, but ever since I told her, I swear she brings the junkiest food like pizza, soda and stuff that I am totally craving but not going to even touch. Yesterday she told the class she is going to bring us all cupcakes. :thumbup: She NEVER brings cupcakes. why now?! I think she is trying to destroy me lol

Either way, I am sticking to my diet :tt2: because it is working and Ive got a pretty aggressive goal (IMO) that I set to reach before surgery.

Is she smaller than you? Could be she wants the friend bigger than her to stay bigger than her.

She is somewhat smaller than me but, (at the risk of sounding conceited) she is jealous of me most of the time. She copies stuff i do and when I get really into some new product or something, she follows suit. Its just how she is. She is always complementing me on my makeup (which she is now into as well) and how white my teeth are ( and she now had veneers put on). I cant really figure out why she would try to sabotage me, maybe because she thinks its something she cant copy?? I know that sounds really conceited but I just dont know.

And she gave me a really hard time when I first talked to her about the surgery and kept telling me I shouldnt do it and just excercise and eat right like she did, and her mom did and suzy jo did, blah blah blah. I tried to be nice and say "kudos to you, that is seriously awesome, but I feel like this is whats best for me because I have not been able to have that success" Its weird because she has not even kept off the weight. She lost 60 lbs and admitted at a different time that she had gained back at least 15 of them so far. Im not trying to judge her, thats still a great accomplishment, but obviously she should know the struggle. I think shes just kinda bitter that my husband is paying for me to have it done and she cant ( i know their money is tight right now)

I really wish I had never told her. She is more supportive now that she knows that her opinion isnt going to influence me but some part of her is bitter that I am doing it, and part of me is bitter for even thinking its a jealousy thing on her part bc i know it sounds so conceited and I hate thinking that way. I just cant think of any other reason.

Does not sound conceited, I used to have a friend like that. We lost touch after she started dating a jerk, but when I saw her pic on Facebook I fell out of my chair, he hair is like mine used to be, exactly like it used to be lol. So I do relate to that.

Take some fruit on the cupcake day :thumbup: or a cheesecake yogurt to enjoy

thanks. It helps to know someone understands :-)

Does not sound conceited, I used to have a friend like that. We lost touch after she started dating a jerk, but when I saw her pic on Facebook I fell out of my chair, he hair is like mine used to be, exactly like it used to be lol. So I do relate to that.

Take some fruit on the cupcake day :thumbup: or a cheesecake yogurt to enjoy

Hmmmm you have one of those friends too...like when they didn't have a man they would always hang around you, now that they have a man now, it's forget you.

thanks. It helps to know someone understands :-)

all of my friends supports me right now. but i had befriended someone (she doesn't know that im getting surgery) but i remember like two years ago i was talking about surgery and she was all like YOU CAN WORK THAT OFF, PEOPLE THAT GET IT IS JUST LAZY ASSES and then she was like I would be so madd if you got that surgery and blah blah blah....and now that I look at it i wonder why I let that heffa hold me back from doing me. And not to mention she's super skinny, and when I was trying to lose weight she was complaining about some damn love handles THAT I DIDN'T SEE and she got mad when I was like..nope don't see them

LOL I totally have a friend like this! When I went away to college, she got mad and stopped talking to me, then a yr later she was supposedly in wait for..."med school" not being mean, but seriously come on.. Then a few yrs later I bought a house and she was telling me how crazy it was for me to spend money and on and on. Now she bought on, then I had a baby and she immedialtey followed suit, the list goes on and on, even down to getting a tatto after I did..Bottom line it is insercurities that cause this. Now i have to say she has been my friend for a long time and despite the craziness, when it comes down to it, she is ok, but over the years I have learned to detach myself from her when it comes to certain things. Good luck, and remember you are doing this for u! Oh and I am glad to hear there are others out there with this issue also...

Did I mention she is now interested in getting lap band?!?! lol

Monica

Too much Drama!

LOL I totally have a friend like this! When I went away to college, she got mad and stopped talking to me, then a yr later she was supposedly in wait for..."med school" not being mean, but seriously come on.. Then a few yrs later I bought a house and she was telling me how crazy it was for me to spend money and on and on. Now she bought on, then I had a baby and she immedialtey followed suit, the list goes on and on, even down to getting a tatto after I did..Bottom line it is insercurities that cause this. Now i have to say she has been my friend for a long time and despite the craziness, when it comes down to it, she is ok, but over the years I have learned to detach myself from her when it comes to certain things. Good luck, and remember you are doing this for u! Oh and I am glad to hear there are others out there with this issue also...

Did I mention she is now interested in getting LAP-BAND®?!?! lol

Monica

I think we have the same friend! lol :smile2: My friend lives in an apartment and ever since she saw our home, which is a condo, she keeps talking about how they are going to buy a place too and the only reason they are waiting is because they want it to be perfect, and she never fails to mention the 4925834 reasons why she would NEVER buy a condo lol as if i care, we bought it for us, we made the decision based on what we wanted to pay, how much upkeep we wanted to be responsible for, the area, etc etc.

And I told her what school my kids are going to be attending and wouldnt you know that she rushed to put in her kids application too and then she actually requested her child be in the same class!! are you serious?! lol she is like a leech!

But I agree with what you said, ultimatly she is ok, she truly does help me out at times and she is there for me and thats worth a lot, but i cant help but be annoyed somtiems lol

You guys should be proud. If you are a leader, than lead somone to greener pastures. It is good that your friends are following along. Buying a house, WLS, having babies. These are wonderful things. Be proud to be an inspiration. They may be trying to hold you down, but listen to yourselves. It's sounds like you are lifting them up. That is awesome!