Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

~*~ June 2010 Exercise challenge and chat ~*~

Ok Thursday I walked 2 miles. Friday I did an hr of Water arobics, and 2.5 miles. I'm feeling good!!!

well I have found it hard to figure out what and when I am going to fit in exersize everyday.

Monday I worked 2 1/2 hours of over time and then 1 tuesday short of workers so I did the work of two others and mine so that counts for those 2 days.

Since then I have done nothing but what I have to do around the house.

I need to get a good regimin and stick to it everyday.

It's June 13th and I just joined this site today. Is it to late to join your workout group??? Everyone seems to be doing great and I could use the support. I commit to do at least 30 minutes to an hour a day.

I am back!!! I had another surgery on 5/27 so all I can do is walk. I sarted out walking just 10 min. a day again. I did not think that was worth posting. However I found out yesterday I can do 30 min. So for the rest of June I will walk everyday for 30 min.

Welcome back bcg!! I'm glad to hear you are doing well after your surgery :thumbup: Anything is good, and 30 minutes per day certainly is better than not doing any at all. Hang in there and before you know it you will be back to what you're used to!

I got a little to big for my pants Tuesday. I was walking at A pretty good pace when i met up with my mom and 9 year old niece. The pace slowed a bit so I challenged my niece to a race to the next lite poll. I had no clue the little stinker could run that fast!! I turned up the heat and next thing you know whamo, sharp pain shooting up my hamstring in to my groin and butt! I finished the walk, about 1/4 mile left, went home and took a muscle relaxer and 800mg IBU. I only walked a mile last night, a slow mile at that. I am feeling significantly better today so i will try to pick it up tonight and try for a fast paced 2 mile walk.

way congrats on the big pants!! LOL :thumbup:

Injuries stink, I'm dealing with a few myself but as long as you don't allow it to keep you down thats all that matters. You are really doing great!

Ok Thursday I walked 2 miles. Friday I did an hr of Water arobics, and 2.5 miles. I'm feeling good!!!

Fantastic! Keep up the good pace!!

well I have found it hard to figure out what and when I am going to fit in exersize everyday.

Monday I worked 2 1/2 hours of over time and then 1 tuesday short of workers so I did the work of two others and mine so that counts for those 2 days.

Since then I have done nothing but what I have to do around the house.

I need to get a good regimin and stick to it everyday.

get I think that is everyone's biggest challenge. Keeping up with it. Myself, I really LOVE to workout - however even that doesn't keep you doing it consistently. Maybe making a workout schedule that you have to look at in writing every day might help? I know you can do it, and for the record - any activity you can do is helpful! Don't get down on yourself, that's not a good road to go down.

It's June 13th and I just joined this site today. Is it to late to join your workout group??? Everyone seems to be doing great and I could use the support. I commit to do at least 30 minutes to an hour a day.

Thin, it's never to late to commit and never to late to join. This is just a chat group where we set a goal for ourselves and keep in touch to let each other know how we're faring. You are always welcome here!

Myself, the only thing I've had time for is boxing/unboxing since my move. In that time I've managed to blow out my Right knee. :thumbup: It really stinks because I haven't even gotten my Left knee fixed yet! I'm all banged up, but in the meantime I'm gaining again. Ack!! I can't let this happen, so now that I'm all finish getting my house I really need to concentrate on getting my body fixed.

I have an appointment with my PCP to get a referral for my right knee now. I'm guessing I have 2 knee surgeries in my future. That's what happens I guess when your heavy all your adult life. I really enjoyed walking and jogging, and jogging did me in last year when my Left knee couldn't handle it. :unsure: It's been all downhill since. I need to nip it in the bud!! Two-three weeks recovery to get my body able to perform again is so worth it!

Hang in there everyone. Never give up!!

Mon. 30 min walking. I am sick and have an infection from my "other surgery" as well, but trying to hang in there.

Keep movin'

Injury is healed and back to walking in the mornings and eve' when possible. I feel like I need something more when i am finished walking so i am going to start strength training as soon as i can get to the gym.

I've been walking 30 minutes in the a.m. and biking 1 1/2 hours at night. I'm having a hard time with this since I've stopped losing. I've been stuck at the same weight for four days and I hate it. Does anyone know how to get over this hump? Also, how long until you all could strength train? I need to do something. I'm three weeks out from being banded. :devil_smile:

I would like to join your group if you all don't mind. I haven't been on this site in over a year. I was banded 11/2008 and haven't really exercised until now, so I need something/people to help keep me motivated and accountable for the workouts that i miss.

I started doing ChaLean Extreme and Zumba at home on Sunday. I love Zumba at the gym, but can't afford the membership, so i had to cancel it. ChaLean Extreme is pretty good, because the instruction keeps you very motivated. So, hopefully i'll be able to hold myself accountable with reporting my workouts and missed workouts here as welll as getting some motivation to keep going.

I'm finally going to have my workout room fixed tomorrow!! I can't wait :devil_smile: I aught to take a picture to show everyone. This getting the house unpacked thing is over rated... lol

Tonice, what is ChaLean??? I'm looking for something new to try.

Tonice, what is ChaLean??? I'm looking for something new to try.

ChaLean Extreme is a great workout series. It's nice, because the workouts are out 30 mins each and it's a 90 day program. The workouts are intense, but it's over before you get a chance to give up. You follow a calendar to know which disk you should move on to. I like the instructor, because she keeps you motivated. BeachBody sells the video. Here's the link to the website.

Team Beachbody - Showcase

I didn't get to do my workout today:frown:, but I'm planning on getting it in after I drop my daughter off at daycare tomorrow.

Hi everyone! I've only exercised a few times since the last time I posted. 2 c25k workouts and 2 swims. I got sick and found it hard it get going again. Another c25k scheduled for the morning. Hope everyone is doing well!