Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weird Weight Fluctuation (please read and answer if you have same problem)

Hello I am wondering if anyone is having the same weird weight fluctuation that I am. I will wake up in the morning and weigh myself...I'm thinking good and I am getting all happy...weigh myself later in the day and I weigh like two pounds more...WTH!!! Is anyone else having this same problem???:thumbup:

I weigh two pounds more by 6pm everyday. It goes away in the morning.

Hello. For me its been weird in that every five pound increments I lose and then gain back, lose and then gain back. I am now in the high 160s and want to see if I do the same thing. I weighed in with my doctor on 4/8 at 178 and kept going up and down the entire month of May. When I saw my doctor this past Thursday and weighed 173. He told me to stop weighing myself every day and only weigh once a month. I compromised and now will only weigh myself twice a week. The ups and downs really get me. :thumbup:

I think the only reason why we weigh ourselves so much is so we know that we are still on track...do the doctors realize that? Does anyone have any slipups either?

I weigh myself because I am addicted to the scale. I get on it at least 5 times a day. I can not wait a week to weigh myself.

This is totally normal. Your weight changes during the day. It's because you eat, drink, pee, poop, etc. The best thing to do is weigh yourself at the same time everyday with about the same clothes or no clothes at all.

I think we all get a little addicted to the scale...its our replacement for the food...but i think i was a little lucky cuz i never had and self loathing issues with being heavy...i was very unhealthy tho...even the little bit of weight that i have lost (just about 46)...off high blood pressure meds and diabetic meds...i think that is very good for me!!!

yes this is true...i get up in the morning go to the gym...get naked weigh myself and then shower and its getting pretty good...

Even thogh I told the doctor that I would compromise and only weigh myself twice a week, since Thursday, I have continued to weigh myself. Old habits are hard to break. I just want to make sure I stay on track. If I go up then I think back about if I exercised or what did I eat. I want to stay on track. :thumbup:

Very normal. What Manda said is spot on. I usually go up 2lbs, but sometimes not.

I know the feeling!! This drives me crazy!! I am thinking about getting rid of my scale all together- I know all the reasons for the variance but still it is frustrating

I have been trying to just weigh in the morning and go with that

That is all the advice that I have been hearing from everyone...I think I am going to just go with the weight in the morning too...I try to stay off the scale but I do use it to make sure I am on track weight wise...I know everyone that does this can feel me!!!

The scale isn't always the best indicator of how you are doing. There have been weeks where my weight loss was slow, but I noticed a big difference in how my clothes fit. If you are exercising a lot, then you could be putting on muscle, which weighs more than fat.

I get on the scale every morning, too. But I just push the number out of my head and get on with the rest of my day. My official weigh in day is Monday, and that's the only one I pay any real attention to.

Thank you for the reply...I may start following that advice...I am going to try and stay off the scale and weigh myself once a week...let's see how I do!!!! LOL

This may sound crazy but I had to put my scale in the trunk of my car because I was a terrible scale whore. I would weigh every time I walked into the bathroom. It would frustrate me so much. Now I pull it out once a week on the same day and only weigh in the morning because everyone weighs more in the evening. It gives me a more accurate reading. It also keeps me from obsessing over every little ounce. I got the advice from another bandster and it works for me.