Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok Folks, I'm waiting for approval for my banding, hopefully soon. I'm just curious as to what are the worst foods to eat after being banded and why.

Thanks in advanced!!!

without any fills anything can go down...but once u hit restriction or your a little "tight" then certain foods wont go down or it will make you feel uncomfortable. The most common foods are rice, bread, Pasta, and other greasy foods...But for me, its chineese food and hard meat...other foods make me feel uncomfortable for like 5 min and those would include salad oranges and pizza

I've found this weekend that after only one fill of 1.5ccs in a 10cc band that I cannot eat scrambled eggs dry. I can, however eat egg beaters with no problem. I suppose it's because egg beaters pretty much stay moist unless you over cook them. I can probably eat the scrambled eggs if I were to douse them in ketchup :w00t:

Other than "slider foods" and the starchy foods like MsFab mentioned, basically you're going to have to experiment and find the things your band will and won't tolerate because everyone is different. I can eat shrimp but a friend of mine can't.

It seems to be different for everyone. I can eat practically anything and not have trouble. I've never had a "sandwich" with a bun, but have had some with toasted bread and they go down fine. Pasta, bread, white meat chicken, steak - no problem. I'm very lucky since I still feel the restriction but it doesn't limit the type of food I eat.

On the other hand, if by "worst" you mean the foods to avoid, or at least limit, they would be anything that slides right thru the band and doesn't keep you feeling satisfied. i.e. chips, chocolate, ice cream, etc. High in calories, low in nutrition.

i have a no rice, no bread, no Pasta - all these items can swell once in the stomach and stretch your band

i haven't missed it at all - from time to time I have crackers or flaxseed chips to satisfy any desires

also i have learned that no leftover proteins(chicken/beef/pork) that have been microwaved will pass thru my band - 2 major vomit episodes to learn that lesson but its learned

they are just too dried out and it doesn't matter how much I chew

I've also crossed broccoli off my list becuase it got stick once I pb'd

Some of my problem foods are carrots, apples, steak (unless it has been shredded like what you would put on a philly cheese steak), no bread, Pasta, rice or (like mentioned earlier chinese food) there is just something about it even the steamed veggies I have issues with. Good luck on your journey =)

Also I can't do heavy sauces, like ranch, honey mustard, coleslaw sauce (the sauce in coleslaw makes me PB), I mostly stay away from sauces anyways because they are so high in calories and fat but every once in a while it would be nice to have a little.

Edited by Loving everyday

I can't do potatoes at all...I was fine until my most recent fill and could eat anything. Potatoes, squash, really anything you would expect to turn into a "ball" in the tummy won't go down for me. I can do bread, but only with other stuff and never by itself at the start of a meal (I guess it makes a little bread ball in there). The best thing to do is try SMALL amounts of stuff till you find what will and will not go down for you. You'll have a few not so fun times bent over the sink until you find what's right. Then you'll remember what causes issues...trust me, it only takes once UGH!!:)

I can't do heavy sauces, like ranch, honey mustard, coleslaw sauce (the sauce in coleslaw makes me PB)

Not sure where you're getting your coleslaw but there's no sauce that I'm aware of. The only things (that should be) in coleslaw are carrots, green cabbage, red cabbage, Mayonnaise and a little apple cider vinegar (optional, for spice). Maybe they are putting something else in it. If so, I'd stop buying it from there and make your own. So much better and some grocery stores carry a pre-made bag of the veggies.

I hope I don't have this issue when I get to the stage where I can eat coleslaw. I LOVE that stuff!!

I would think she means the Mayonnaise.< /p>

I dont have any foods that I absolutely cant eat but some are harder than others. I'd agree, fresh fruit like apples, raw things like carrots, stuff like that is really hard. Bananas, ugh. I've never liked fruit much anyway, I dont know why but I'd starve before I really ate it an enjoyed it, so perhaps that has something to do with it, but looking at a banana and thinking about eating it is pretty similar to looking at a housebrick and thinking about eating it!

well I can eat most things, but the two things I absolutely cannot eat is untoasted bread and rice. Anything that forms a ball..ughhh...cereal is out, but creme of wheat is okay.Meats are okay for me, howeve the other day, a link sausage about killed me.....turkey, chicken, fish, and tofu are my favorites.....