Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone else have may 3rd surgery date?????

Anyone else really nervous? May 3rd is right around the corner and I am having all these bad thoughts going through my head. My husband is asking me these questions that is making me second guess myself. He has asked do you really want this foreign object in your body for the rest of your life and do you really not want to be able to eat Pasta, bread and rice, etc for the rest of your life... UGGGGGHHHHHH:frown:

I am also having my surgery May 3rd. I am nervous, but it's more about the anesthesia. I know that yes I want and need this.

You can have Pasta again, just a much smaller amount and a healthy whole wheat Pasta with lots of Fiber.

I guess I could see some people being uncomfortable with an implantable device in their body. But what if you needed a pacemaker? That's an implantable device that you would need to have in your body for the rest of your life. I have to look at it this way, this is a tool to a better life.

I don't know about you but I am merely exhisting, not really living because of my weight. I don't even imagine to get on an airplane, or a roller coaster. I servey every chair I think of sitting in, saying to myself will I fit, will it break. I can not live like this anymore. May 3rd is the beggining of the rest of the best of my life.

I hope this helps, good luck with surgery!!

Thanks so much for your support. I think its just nerves talking on my end and my husbands. Its always scary having surgery done, I have had a c-section and gall bladder removed so this should be a piece of cake!!!!! Good luck with your surgery and please let me know how you make out!!!!

May 3rd is my D-day too! woo hoo!!! we are gonna do great!! the liquid diet this week is kinda killing me, but i'm trying to stay positive. I love the pacemaker analogy - so true! I see it as a "do what ya gotta do" situation. Compared to bypass, it's a much easier/realistic option. just stay strong!

(((((((((HUGS)))))))))

Me too!! So excited! Seems like forever since the initial appointment! I can't wait to finally live my life again - and enjoy doing it!

Yes it definitely feels like forever since first appointment. I think we will all do wonderfully. Does anyone else have to stay overnight after surgery? I am kind of glad makes me feel safe doing it that way. Can't wait to start a new life, on the road to a healthier me!!!!:scared2:

Yes it definitely feels like forever since first appointment. I think we will all do wonderfully. Does anyone else have to stay overnight after surgery? I am kind of glad makes me feel safe doing it that way. Can't wait to start a new life, on the road to a healthier me!!!!:scared2:

I have the choice. My surgery is at 12:30, and he said depending on how I feel, It could be overnight or home. Working at a hospital - I may choose home. Not much rest given at a hospital with them coming in every hour making sure you are alive - LOL.....Anyway. Do you hve a pre-op diet to follow? I don't with the exception to the day before where he wants me on Clear Liquids. He said they don't want to "punish" me any further since 6 weeks after diet is so crummy! i like this Dr's thinking!!! Where are you if you don't mind me asking?

Its funny you ask about the pre-op diet, when I went to the nutrionist she called the surgeon and they told her no diet except the day before liquids, well I called the surgeon today and she said it was a two week meal plan and I said well I haven't started that yet will that effect my surgery and she said no just start it now. So I got off easy I guess!!!!!!HAHAHA. :scared2::tongue:

Another May Thirder in the house...I'm sure most of y'all will agree hardest decision of my life. Everything from not being able to eat certain foods to complications...it seems like forever ago i made this decision. Its funny because i think we all experience the same things in everyday life as well as our thoughts going into surgery.

Been killing this preop diet lost 13lbs in 6 days so far. Some people have asked "well if you can lose weight like this then why not stick with it and not get banded" my response is pretty easy, Ive lost this weight before only to gain it back plus some.

Im just ready to get this done with and hopefully start living life again. Ive been blessed that my size has not kept from doing a lot of things i want, but its certainly starting to catch up to me and Im ready to knock this out and for the first time take control.

Sorry for the rambling, good luck everyone, i hope everyone is prepared for what to expect post op. I cant stop reading these forums, been such a big help!

Good Luck

We will all be tied to May 3rd forever, much like people that sure a birthday. Our Bandiversary!!!

COME WHAT MAY!!!!

Hey everyone! I'm also May 3rd... I have my pre-op appointment tomorrow. I'm pretty nervous about the whole thing. But, there's no way I'm chickening out. I want to be healthy again so badly!! :scared2:

I also have a pre-op appt. too tomorrow they call it hospital boot camp, I tour the surgery wing and have some blood work done!!!!! It is so real now, we are getting so close to Monday. I hope to hear from everyone afterward so we can share some experience's and we can support one another!!!!

sooo - had my pre-op appointment yesterday. i was in and out in 40 minutes. they just weighed me, reviewed what i need to do before and the day of surgery and asked if i had any questions. i was slightly bummed to find out that my diet is supposed be Clear liquids only (SF Jello, SF popsicles, broth, Protein supplements with water). those shakes dont taste right without skim milk - lol.

sidebar: i was slightly concerned last night - my dog's food smelled really good. :redface:

anyway - hope y'all are holding up alright!

sidebar: i was slightly concerned last night - my dog's food smelled really good. :redface:

anyway - hope y'all are holding up alright!

:thumbup::lol::):lol::sad::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Wow, Can't believe how close it is! I work all weekend so I am hoping it will keep me focused. I didn't have a pre-op diet (thankfully) So we went for "my last supper" of mexican food. But, I felt so bad I had the healthier version of things - fajitas! Anyway, going to start on a low residue diet tomorrow and on Saturday night ( I work 3rd shift) I am starting the clear liquids. I sure hope 2nd shift Sunday goes by fast. I work in a department that is known for their feasting. UGH!!!! I hope that everyone has a safe surgery and I hope we can all post that evening or the next day to see how it went. God bless all of you, I wish nothing but the best. *** Hugs ***

can't believe tomorrow's the day! yay! i'm trying to figure out what to pack for my overnight stay at the hospital. excited and anxious at the same time :thumbup: good luck tomorrow!!

(((((((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))))))