Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Almost 2 years out from banding and feeling like a failure!

Thanks for answering my post.I went back to my Dr.on tues.and she removed 1/2cc.I am already able to eat a small ammount of meat and it is so good!!! I feel like now that I can eat some hard Protein ,I will be able to do better .I plan to re-group and keep on trucking.Thanks for the pep talk!!! L.:smile2:

At this time last year I had my first battle with band being too tight, ended up with gastritis and had Fluid removed from band. At that time I weighed 155 pounds and was ecstatic about the fact that I had lost 63 pounds and was well on my way to being healthy and happy for the first time in more than 20 years. Several months past and I even had a breast reduction to relieve constant headaches and backaches from the weight of my breasts. To make a long story short, I had a fill in Sept due to gaining 15 pounds in the months since the Fluid was removed. For the next 3 months life became a daily struggle to eat properly and get in excersize. Thank God I hadn't gained any further pounds when I went for my next adjustment on Dec. 24, 2009. After that fill I could not keep any solid foods down and instead of going to the doctor to see if I was too tight, I decided to tough it out and find a happy medium only to gain another 4 pounds!! I returned to the doctor on Feb 15, 2010 and had 2 cc removed from my band again, since that time I have lost 4 pounds and also became hungry all the time. On April 8, 2010 got another adjustment in which the doc put in 1 cc. Felt great not to be hungry anymore!!! I have since lost 6 pounds. I have found getting back on track to be much harder than when my journey first began. Is there anyone out there who has experienced anything similiar??????? I see lots of success stories and great mile stones being accomplished, which is inspirational to me, but I feel the need to no that I am NOT alone in having set backs and struggles. Please HELP!!!!:eek:

I had my band in February 2006. And did great the first year and lost about 100 lbs. Just maintained after that and then I broke my hip and had surgery for that and since have gained about 20 back. I am having a really hard time getting back on track. I have about 8cc in the band that holds about 10. I just seem to be eating everything I should'nt . I just want make it to my goal of about 160.

Most of these posts are old but I still wanted to make a comment for anyone who may come along and read it. Most people here who say they were struggling with being overfilled and then not filled enough are saying they went back and had 1/2 cc removed or put back. It could be that your sweet spot was right in between the two points. At 6 cc, I was PBing practically every meal. I had it reduced to 5.8 cc which was a very tiny difference, but was perfect for me. Sometimes the tiniest amt makes a difference.

Also, the band does hold more cc's than the actual size. I forget why this is, but if your band is 10cc and you are approaching that and worried, don't be because it will hold more. I can't imagine being that full, but I guess for some people it is necessary.

I was banded almost 2 years ago. I lost a total of 50 pounds very quickly. As of today, I have lost a total of 50 pounds. I know what my problem is. I do not exercise!! I was an athlete in high school and college and find exercise to be something I do not enjoy at all. I know I really need to do something as I still have 60 pounds to go. I want to be healthy, and live a long life for my family. Who do I change my attitude??? Many of the sports I enjoyed doing in the past for exercise (racquetball and tennis) I can not do anymore because of too many surgeries on my elbows... I need to get motivated somehow but just can't seem to overcome this funk.

perhaps trying low carb or a ww diet to sort of jump start. That is what i am doing and feel very motivated. I coasted for about 9 months and am now back to lose the rest of my weight and make sure i have proper fills as well. Checking in on this site really is helping loads. Good luck! :welldoneclap:

At this time last year I had my first battle with band being too tight, ended up with gastritis and had Fluid removed from band. At that time I weighed 155 pounds and was ecstatic about the fact that I had lost 63 pounds and was well on my way to being healthy and happy for the first time in more than 20 years. Several months past and I even had a breast reduction to relieve constant headaches and backaches from the weight of my breasts. To make a long story short, I had a fill in Sept due to gaining 15 pounds in the months since the Fluid was removed. For the next 3 months life became a daily struggle to eat properly and get in excersize. Thank God I hadn't gained any further pounds when I went for my next adjustment on Dec. 24, 2009. After that fill I could not keep any solid foods down and instead of going to the doctor to see if I was too tight, I decided to tough it out and find a happy medium only to gain another 4 pounds!! I returned to the doctor on Feb 15, 2010 and had 2 cc removed from my band again, since that time I have lost 4 pounds and also became hungry all the time. On April 8, 2010 got another adjustment in which the doc put in 1 cc. Felt great not to be hungry anymore!!! I have since lost 6 pounds. I have found getting back on track to be much harder than when my journey first began. Is there anyone out there who has experienced anything similiar??????? I see lots of success stories and great mile stones being accomplished, which is inspirational to me, but I feel the need to no that I am NOT alone in having set backs and struggles. Please HELP!!!!:eek:

I am having a difficult time keeping on track as well. It's been 7 months, I had an infection for two months after surgery, and they thought they were going to have to remove the band. Also since Jan I have had two bouts of bronchitis and stomach flu. It has been difficult to keep on track. I sometimes go two weeks with no loss. It has been hard to get back on track. I also have a slipped disc so if I do too much exercise then I can't walk/sit without pain for a few days and then have to start exercising all over again. My dotor recommended I get some counselling because I am getting depressed and discourged as well. I have not had the counselling yet, but have started journalling, and all those nasty comments from my co-workers I am trying to ignore. They are from folks I don't like in the first place. i guess we need to remember this is a journey to regain our health, and we are getting there. Maybe not as fast as we would like, but we are taking charge of our bodies/minds and getting there. I write it all down, and it does seem to help. Know you are not alone, I think everyone has some struggles to deal with everyday.