Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well, to my disappointment he wouldn't take the drain out. Maybe Monday when I go back for follow up.

I think I had unrealistic expectations as to the outcome and I wanted instant healing. Golly am I impatient!!!

Mimi

Hi Mimi-- you are such a trooper. I hope I can do as well. Did you not want your port moved so he could do more aggressive muscle tightening or was it just extra $$$ for more extensive and you felt you'd be fine with just the skin gone.

I did want my muscles tightened and my port moved, but the PS wouldn't do the port and I didn't know he wouldn't do the muscles. I admit I am disappointed. But my recovery is fast, LOL, so I guess it works out. I am going to post 3 day post op pictures. Not much change.

Mimi

Mimi-I am so glad that you are on the other side of healing now! How wonderful that the patch worked for you, too! It is my new favorite drug! LOL

I understand the urgency of wanting the drain out...it is a hassle! I go back to the doctor on Monday too, and maybe we will have a drain-free party together then!

Congrats on the wonderful healing!

Hey, girl, I am doing great!!!! I have come to terms with my less than spectacular results and the drain came out yesterday. I am in a one piece body briefer and am surprisingly comfortable in it. I tried one of the panty girdles with a high waist but it kept rolling down. My PS doesn't like heavy restriction so these body briefer/onesies are great. I am going to post some new pictures tonight, my spinal curvature is evident in the way I stand, but other than that I think you can see a little progress in healing.

Thanks for checking on me,

Mimi

I am so glad you are doing well Mimi - Did your PS say why he prefers these body briefer things?

Take care of yourself

Looking good Mimi! So, how much were you draining a day before you had the line pulled. I am still around 50cc's, and my PS says 35 is the magic number. I am really ready to stop wearing this thing, and get into some real clothes, but I don't want to rush things either.

There was even a poster on here that's PS didn't believe in ANY binders!!!! My PS just said he doesn't believe in tight compression, didn't really say why. I spent the day out shopping for 2 more onesies now that I know they can be so comfortable!!!!

I just posted my drain free pictures. My drainage was 15cc/24hrs when he took the drain out, but remember, I didn't have as radical a surgery as you did. I have been upright since day one. I think what I had was closer to a simple panniculectomy than a TT. When I woke up this morning I was pretty flat but within a half hour had started swelling some even with the onesie girdle on. I have read that this swelling can go on for months, I hope not but I am mentally prepared if need be.

Mimi

Thanks for the explanation Mimi.

I will go look at your pics - They have really been an inspiration for me - Because i feel like I know where i will be at now after the ops Thank You

Wow, 15cc's a day! That is what I was draining over night, a week and a half after surgery! Yes, I know I had an extensive surgery, and you are probably right...that accounts for the swelling.

How are you doing today? What is the new swelling from? Is it in one location or just all over in general? Have you weighed yourself? I would want to see the difference in weight on a good day vs. a day of swelling...just to get an idea of how much you are holding!

Hope you are feeling better. I will keep you in my prayers!

Hi, Niki. I am doing well. I had an emergency unfill Monday and have gained 8 pounds...I know I was really dehydrated and hadn't been eating much for a week, so most of the wt gain was expected. Probably a pound or so is belly swell, which is kind of all over the lower belly. I am glad your drain removal went so well.

Now that I am used to the body briefer/onesie I really enjoy them and feel well supported. The glue and scab has come off my incision line, which makes me feel better. I am going to start back with my personal trainer Tuesday, mostly legs and arms and light core/ab work. I haven't exercised since the end of December and am looking forward to restoring lost muscle mass and getting back my cardio endurance.

Mimi

Glad you are feeling well! And YOU GO GIRL for getting started with the trainer! I am actually going to ask my PS next week when I go if I can start doing a little cardio and upper body stuff! I think the last time I hit the gym, was November, so we both should be pretty soar again by next week! :-)