Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Problems after first fill :(

I had my first fill on Wednesday this week. Yesterday when I was taking my morning med it got stuck and bad. Four hours of pain before i think it went down and I've been miserable since. I can hardly get down Water. I hear girggling and feels like things are backing up. I'm sure I irritated the area but was a little over 2cc too much for a first fill on a 10cc band?

I was going to call this morning but I am pretty sure they will say just stick to clear liquid till the swelling goes down. Anyway, was wondering if any of you had this after and how long did it take to get used to that first fill.

It did not happen to me however, I am really tight in the morning. My doctor suggests that after a fill or stuck episode you do 48 hours of liquids followed by 48 hours of mushies.

I"m doing Clear Liquids now yeah...but it seems hard to go down. It really sucks lol.....i haven't had real food since tuesday. sigh.

It did not happen to me however, I am really tight in the morning. My doctor suggests that after a fill or stuck episode you do 48 hours of liquids followed by 48 hours of mushies.

Do you have an AP Standard / 10cc band Mariposa?

Just curious.

Banded, I have a Realize-C 11cc band.

Well I ended up back over at the doctors office and a doctor other than my own took out the Fluid from my band and so no i'm empty :frown:

This doctor had to DIG for my port and poke me four times before he finally got it. I felt so sick after and never imagined what a horrible feeling that would be. I could hear the needle hitting my port or some popping noise. He said he's never had this problem but when I had the fill put in my doctor found it right away.

I have to wait 3 weeks to get my fill back and they will not do as much.

Anyone had this digging around for the port? HORRIBLE:sad:

Well I ended up back over at the doctors office and a doctor other than my own took out the Fluid from my band and so no i'm empty :frown:

This doctor had to DIG for my port and poke me four times before he finally got it. I felt so sick after and never imagined what a horrible feeling that would be. I could hear the needle hitting my port or some popping noise. He said he's never had this problem but when I had the fill put in my doctor found it right away.

I have to wait 3 weeks to get my fill back and they will not do as much.

Anyone had this digging around for the port? HORRIBLE:sad:

I'm so sorry - that sounds horrible! :frown:

I got my first fill last friday - but my surgeon uses an x-ray machine...it took only seconds to find my port.

yes my fill on Wednesday was a breeze under fluoroscope and wasn't even bad at all. It was the Fluid coming back out this time....cried all the way home. I hope to never go through that again. It's so nice to have support here let me tell you.

So sorry you had to go through all that!

Are you at least feeling better as far as your stomach goes?

I was overfilled once, it is no fun at all. My surgeon has done all my fills and one unfill. He hasn't had a problem finding my port, but I do feel a 'pop' when the needle goes in.

Take it easy for a few days and feel better! You might just be very sensitive to fills and need to take them very slowly.

My surgeon is very conservative when it comes to fills, and likes to sneak up on the sweet spot. But I still ended up needing a bit taken out. I was able to go back a month later and have it put back in, plus a little bit more.

Our bodies are all different as to how they adjust to the fills.

Hope you are up to snuff soon!!

Hi coco...yes i feel tons better and Water is going right through but I'm completely empty again. I was told a little over 2cc's was put in for the first fill on Wednesday but in actuality it was a little over 4 for my first fill. I think that was a mistake actually :frown:

I do feel tons better like so relieved! I'm going back in three weeks to have some put back in and I'm going to tell her hey let's sneak up on that sweet spot...lol

I've heard of this happening but never imagined it would happen to me I guess.

Thanks for the support :frown:

Glad you are feeling better! That makes the unfill worthwhile. 4cc is quite a bit!

Take it slow and steady! You'll do great.

BB,

Everyone responds differently to fills. My first and 2nd fills were done 2 weeks apart and I had 3cc each time with no effect. I have a 12cc band by the way.

Not sure why they're making you wait 3 weeks to get a fill though. I mean sure, you may have some swelling from the stuck episode, but if you are able to eat to excess, then the swelling can't be bad enough to prevent a fill. Maybe not so much though.

My doctor said to give it some time for the swelling to go down and some of that time she's on vacation. I really don't want the other doctor to touch me again! lol it was pretty horrible.

I've been losing weight with nothing in my band and have been doing all that was expected from the dietitian.

I don't really mind waiting 3 weeks. Especially after 4 pokes and digging episode. Apparently this is rare that they would have to do this much poking around so I'm the lucky one :frown: lol

Just happy to have Water able to go down.

You guys have been awesome with your kind words. Great support here thank you so much.:frown:

I didnt have any problems with my first fill..my second fill I hadnt eaten nothing much that day before by appointment..(a couple bites of yogart than morning). I was filled later in the afternoon and felt fine the rest of the day. It was the next morning, I had to eat very slow and it was hurting going down..by three days I was in more misery ..seemed even tighter so had to go in on a Saturday to meet my doctor. He took about half out of what I had been filled the second time and I feel great now. He said it was up to me when I wanted to go in for another fill. I'm eating and drinking fine now but dont want to be too tight so will probabaly only do very small fills each month now till I get to the soft spot, which is the best place for me. I do think swelling has some effect on the tightness ..because I have better restriction right after a fill that seems to get looser after two weeks or so. ..Like its been said several times here..everyone is so different. Hope this helps someone. POPPYRED

Just curious how did your fill feel after you had it done. Did you feel tight? Did you Doctor give you more of a fill under fluro? I get mine next Monday and I wasn't sure if they give you a little more of a fill under fluro. I have to leave town about 5 hour after so I'm hoping I'll do o.k.