Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Stomach issues--Gross out easily?

Has anyone else had issues with being grossed out easily and finding certain foods intolerable since getting banded?

I have NEVER been a picky eater, always loved to try new things, but since getting banded there is a lot of stuff that I have aversions to, mostly stuff I'm supposed to eat. During the pre-op diet (which was not liquid, but high Protein, no carb, low fat) I did Protein Drinks and I didn't mind them, even liked them. Now they turn my stomach. The chewable vitamins I bought (not VitaBand but same company) don't TASTE bad, but upset my stomach and made me puke for some reason and I can't keep them down, so now I have an aversion to anything orange-cream flavored. (I had a bite of my daughter's orange creamsicle yesterday and nearly lost it!)

I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO! I have never been this way (except kind of in my first trimester--but not even this much) and am worried about my Vitamins.

Has this happened to anyone else? What did you do about it?

I do find I have an aversion to things I liked before, even the smell makes me gag. I'm not really sure if for me it is psychological or what. I would suggest you try a different brand of Vitamin, maybe talk to your Dr. or NUT.

Definitely. My stomach is much more sensitive to an overload of fat or sugar and what is an overload now is much less than before.

Certain foods and drinks - like wine for example, my taste has changed from dry whites like sauvigon blancs and chardonnays to sweeter wines with more body - like a riesling becuase the dry wines just burn horribly sometimes. I absolutely cant drink wine on an empty stomach.I used to avoid red because it makes my teeth look awful and grey but now I prefer it becuase its not so acidic and doesnt burn.

Some foods make me feel sick to even think about eating - the smell of cheese grilling now makes me want to hurl - and my kids make cheese on toast every morning just about! A lot of healthier foods I just dont want anymore because they're hard to eat and even though I can eat bread, I never fancy it at all. I barely ever eat bread. I also get these moods where I know I want something but I dont know what.

I handle it by not eating foods that make me feel sick to eat, not overloading my stomach with fat and sugar and having something to eat before I have a glass of wine (as well as not feeling embarrassed by not choosing "trendy" wines like sav blancs and going for daggy old rieslings which went out of fashion in the 70's, lol, who ever thought drinks would be in "fashion"?). I literally force myself to eat a piece of fruit every single day though.

I do find I have an aversion to things I liked before, even the smell makes me gag. I'm not really sure if for me it is psychological or what. I would suggest you try a different brand of Vitamin, maybe talk to your Dr. or NUT.

Even if it is psychological, that doesn't make it any easier to overcome.

I don't know of any other chewable vitamins that include a B-Complex. Anyone know of one?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      Just for fun last week, I ran two 5Ks in two days, something I would have never done in the past! Next goal is a 10K before the end of this month.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

Amazing! Congrats!!! Watch out for the sharks. 🦈

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches