Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I just passed my 3 month bandiversary and have fell into a rut. I'm bored with Protein Shakes and am craving things that I know I shouldn't have or things that will get stuck or worse. Is this normal feelings after the newness of the bnd wears off?

It is normal to have cravings and head hunger. Check out the recipe section on the board. Find some things that are good and good for you. Just because we have the band does not mean eating has to be boring and dull.

I completely understand, I am almost 5 months out and have hit that feeling as well. It is hard to get my mind past it. I do great for a week then back to the same feelings. My doctor did not give me a fill until 3 months out and it was just 1.5cc in a 10cc band and then a month later just 1cc so I am at 2.5cc right now and I have not had restriction or anything at all so it is hard for me to get motivated when I feel like my entire weight loss so far has been my own will power. I believe it will come back I get another fill on March 18th and I am hoping that will be the fill that puts me back on track. I am still losing but it amounts to 1/2 a week not at all what I want. I know this is not an answer but wanted to let you know that you are not alone!

I just passed my 3 month bandiversary and have fell into a rut. I'm bored with Protein shakes and am craving things that I know I shouldn't have or things that will get stuck or worse. Is this normal feelings after the newness of the bnd wears off?

You should be on a regular diet by now. You should not be having Protein Shakes except for Snacks. Talk to your Nut at the docs office about this. Feel better soon! Best wishes.

If you want to shake up your eating plan, bariatriceating.com has some awesome recipes :wink2:

I am just a little over 3 months as well. I feel like the novelty has worn off. Also- my first 40 pounds came off very quickly, now it has slown down as I new it would. I only lost 1 pound last week and was very dissapointed. I'm over it now- still sticking with the program despite some food cravings. I weigh myself tomorrow and don't expect a dramatic reduction.

I am just a little over 3 months as well. I feel like the novelty has worn off. Also- my first 40 pounds came off very quickly, now it has slown down as I new it would. I only lost 1 pound last week and was very dissapointed. I'm over it now- still sticking with the program despite some food cravings. I weigh myself tomorrow and don't expect a dramatic reduction.

I am at three months too, and yes, the newness does wear off, and it still takes committment.

What foods do you want to eat? I eat all kinds of healthy food, and refuse to eat lots of worthless carbs and fast food. Before band, I was a big pizza guy, burger guy and Ice cream guy. Those are gone. But buffalo wings, steaks, baked potatoes, pork chops and such are fully part of my daily meals, just not so much of it.

I use only small plates, eat slow, and sometimes just plain get tired of eating and quit.

Give us a list of foods you miss and maybe some of the people here can share if they eat them.

All thing good in moderation? Maybe not, but you did not get the band to stop living, you got it to start living.

TJ

[quote name=tarajim;14238

Give us a list of foods you miss and maybe some of the people here can share if they eat them.

All thing good in moderation? Maybe not' date=' but you did not get the band to stop living, you got it to start living.

TJ[/quote]

I miss pizza, chinese food, fried chicken, sweets, Pasta, burgers, fries (the list goes on lol)

I personally am not good at doing things in moderation. I have other addiction issues besides food. I do consider myself a food addict. I feel I must stay away from high fat, high sugar foods. Maybe over time I will feel more in control in terms of food.