Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Self sabatage and night eating

I've been struggling with being a slow loser for the last four months. The first two after my surgery were great and then the holidays hit and the loss came to a screeching halt, it's been really frustrating.

I workout nearly everyday, come home and make terrible food choices. It's like I'm sabataging myself, I can't for the life of me figure it out. It's like I get to a number on my scale and then freak out.

If anyone has been through this and come out of it I'd love it if you'd share some tips as to how in the heck I can stop this terrible behaviors...These are the behaviors that got me to the point of needing the band and I'm scared that I'm going to start gaining weight again...any and all advice welcome.

I have gone back to the phyc and she has come up with some good ideas that I am trying to implement in my daily life.

I eat great through out the day and then when I'm at home alone I want to eat all night long.

H E L P :(:cursing::D

I'm in the same boat. Unfortunately I haven't found the way out. I would be interested in knowing what you psychologist recommended. I do really good at work, but once at home on the weekends I LOSE IT!!!! What is wrong with me?

Well thank God I am not alone. I do great all day, good Breakfast, lunch and dinner AND if I do have a snack I am great. Then after my little one is asleep all I want to do is eat. Mostly treats ... candy ... any sugar ... if we dont have it in the house I head for a Protein Bar (as close to a sweet treat as I can get) but still calories I do not / can not have to keep loosing but I still eat them.

I have developed a sweet tooth also and don't eat very nutritionally now that I am banded. I ate so much better when I was heavy. Just don't feel like eating much or the wrong things - soft stuff, chocolate, ice cream. I shouldn't wonder why I am at a plateau for months. We just have to try to be better girls!

Banded 4/08

Weight at Surgery 228

Current Weight 153

Goal 130

weight.png

Maybe if we can get this thread moving and start talking to each other it will help us all find an answer. I have thought about getting a ring or Bracelet to wear to remind me of my surgery, I was thinking of something with a $ sign on it because I was self pay but everything I see is just too darn expencive! I'd like to find something cute... I ate Cookies last night ... too many. I did great all day but loaded up my calories at night. I need to stop eating after dinner if I do I know I will start loosing again. I was thinking about doing my pre op diet again. I lost 10 pounds in the first 6 days! Maybe that will get me going??

I too have the same problem. I get to a certian # on the scale just below 170 and I freak.... Well I stopped losing a couple of weeks ago... then I gained a pound or 2... now it is coming off, but will it go any farther???? I do notice I stopped tracking my food a few weeks ago again.... when I don't track it I don't lose. I feel like I am making almost all the same food choices but I think I am fooling my self. Me and weightloss is one big head game!!!!!

Lets get to the root of this and figure out how to turn it around !!!!!

I've been struggling with being a slow loser for the last four months. The first two after my surgery were great and then the holidays hit and the loss came to a screeching halt, it's been really frustrating.

I workout nearly everyday, come home and make terrible food choices. It's like I'm sabataging myself, I can't for the life of me figure it out. It's like I get to a number on my scale and then freak out.

If anyone has been through this and come out of it I'd love it if you'd share some tips as to how in the heck I can stop this terrible behaviors...These are the behaviors that got me to the point of needing the band and I'm scared that I'm going to start gaining weight again...any and all advice welcome.

I have gone back to the phyc and she has come up with some good ideas that I am trying to implement in my daily life.

I eat great through out the day and then when I'm at home alone I want to eat all night long.

H E L P :):cursing::)

OK so I have 2 ideas. Both I have already done, the first one .. I went shopping. For the first time since all this lap band stuff I went to the mall and allowed myself to spend some money. I went to Penny's got 2 pairs of jeans, a size 16 and a size 14 they both fit like a glove. AND I got 6 tops (t shirts) all plain ol XL's. I DID NOT SHOP IN THE PLUS SIZE SECTION! It was the first time in a long long long time. So anyway that made me see how far I have come and when I looked in the mirror at the store I could see the difference. Now I just need to remember that nothing tastes as good as that feeling. I actually have stopped writing in my food diary. I have been keeping a diary FOREVER and am soooo sick of it. I have had a great week not obsessing about everything I have put in my mouth and had great days (food wise) like today I had my usual flax seed and trader joes greek no fat plain yogurt for breakfast. 6 oz give or take of Protein for lunch and dinner. Tonight it was a glass of wine and pork loin with asparagus. So far I have been awesome....it's 7.30pm here is my time of night to fail, the lights are low my sons in bed, I just got out of the shower I'm clean and in my PJ's my hubbie is reading books to my son and I am not eating as I have been the last few nights I am writing this essay! So what if when we want to head down for something sweet we log on instead. I will remember my moment in the dressing room and how great it felt to buy smaller clothes......from a 28 to a 14/16 is awesome, I need to remind myself of that and just keep going, one moment at a time this evening. Hopefully tonight I will not gorge but instead have an apple if I must. Here's hoping!

I know what you mean... last week I went to Khols and bought 3 pair of jeans, and a couple of tops.... Wow what a feeling not to buy in the plus sized section. I also bought 3 bras since my boobs were totally lost in my others LOL.... I just bought bali ones they are cheap enough to toss later so I won't cry. I bought them so that they fit the on the last hook in... so I can keep them longer and move them in 2 notches. Hopefully the next time I buy I will be very close if not at goal. I also bought a new pair of running shoes... didn't need to use orthodics.... OMG they are so comfy... they have the gel sole... by Asics...... still got to workout that belly! I need to bite it and commit to the gym..LOL

I am still finding that the cup of herbal tea when I want to munch really helps me curb that feeling... but I need to make the right choice at that moment. My husband bought this FAbulous cheese from costco I LOVE IT ... yup not good... I should have never tasted it!!!!! So I will need to eat like half an ounce (weighed) and but the dag gone block away... or never have it at home again!!!!

Logging on helps me a lot because Idon't allow anyone to eat at the computer. Keeps me busy and engaged HOWEVER my husband resents my computer use when he is home even if he is doing something else or watching a program I am not interested in. so I do it during the day when he is not home.

Any one watch Dr Oz? His shows have been fantastic and he is constantly dealing with weight issues! Thank you Dr Oz for showing tasty healthing alternatives to a high calorie meal! www.doctoroz.com

Hey, So Excited we have to get together again sometime!...{{{{{{{{{{{{{}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

OK so I have 2 ideas. Both I have already done, the first one .. I went shopping. For the first time since all this LAP-BAND® stuff I went to the mall and allowed myself to spend some money. I went to Penny's got 2 pairs of jeans, a size 16 and a size 14 they both fit like a glove. AND I got 6 tops (t shirts) all plain ol XL's. I DID NOT SHOP IN THE PLUS SIZE SECTION! It was the first time in a long long long time. So anyway that made me see how far I have come and when I looked in the mirror at the store I could see the difference. Now I just need to remember that nothing tastes as good as that feeling. I actually have stopped writing in my food diary. I have been keeping a diary FOREVER and am soooo sick of it. I have had a great week not obsessing about everything I have put in my mouth and had great days (food wise) like today I had my usual flax seed and trader joes greek no fat plain yogurt for breakfast. 6 oz give or take of Protein for lunch and dinner. Tonight it was a glass of wine and pork loin with asparagus. So far I have been awesome....it's 7.30pm here is my time of night to fail, the lights are low my sons in bed, I just got out of the shower I'm clean and in my PJ's my hubbie is reading books to my son and I am not eating as I have been the last few nights I am writing this essay! So what if when we want to head down for something sweet we log on instead. I will remember my moment in the dressing room and how great it felt to buy smaller clothes......from a 28 to a 14/16 is awesome, I need to remind myself of that and just keep going, one moment at a time this evening. Hopefully tonight I will not gorge but instead have an apple if I must. Here's hoping!

OK so that didnt work because last night after hubbie came to bed he pulled out a jumbo size of peanut M&M's and in stead of having like 3 or 4 and being happy I ate like 3 or 4 handsfull. It was only after the binge ended that I woke up out of the daze and remembered what I had just written an hour ago. I am super lame. I need to throw away the bag and not have anything at home, I am not in a place where I can just have one and be OK. So today I have been good, a yogurt & flax for breakfast. Blueberries & strawberries for snack we took our son out to lunch today so we both had a 1/4 of a hamburger for lunch and he had the half...now tonight for dinner ... pork loin & veggies.

I so totally know what you mean!!!! Sometimes just a little bit of certian things will throw me... and you put it well waking up out of the daze... that is what it is like!

OK so that didnt work because last night after hubbie came to bed he pulled out a jumbo size of peanut M&M's and in stead of having like 3 or 4 and being happy I ate like 3 or 4 handsfull. It was only after the binge ended that I woke up out of the daze and remembered what I had just written an hour ago. I am super lame. I need to throw away the bag and not have anything at home, I am not in a place where I can just have one and be OK. So today I have been good, a yogurt & flax for breakfast. Blueberries & strawberries for snack we took our son out to lunch today so we both had a 1/4 of a hamburger for lunch and he had the half...now tonight for dinner ... pork loin & veggies.

It is a daze binge I have never worded it better. And yes we should do another coffee meet sometime happy :laugh:

So today I have been good again and now it's 7.35pm .... at the computer again chatting with others who have undergone SURGERY and lost but struggling. Maybe I need to do the pre op diet again and get on track.

I am so glad I found you! I'm always so good during the week while at work but at night and on the weekends it's like all hell breaks loose!

I think I'm going to have to do what SOEXCITED did and take myself on a shopping spree, I haven't bought myself anything new because I've been waiting to hit the 30lb mark. I just don't think it's going to happen anytime soon and I need new clothes!

What do you guys think?

Mariposa, if you are down a size at least go buy some tight jeans. I think it will make you feel better about what you have lost, it helped me anyway!!

I had another good day and we are headed into the evening now....6.45pm allmost bewitching hour for me. Today I had a yogurt for Breakfast, a shake for lunch, 4 strawberries for a snack and turkey Pasta for dinner. Lots of lemon juice Water (trying to flush all the fat out). So I will keep my fingeres crossed for tonight!!!

Mariposa, if you are down a size at least go buy some tight jeans. I think it will make you feel better about what you have lost, it helped me anyway!!

I think I just might do that Soexcited.. JC Penny is having a sale starting tomorrow and I'm going to shop :confused:

My problem right now is during my work hours 7am-4:30pm. I'm up to get ready for work between 3am-3:30am, out of the house by 4:15am, I'm commuting so I usually make it to work 6:50am. I'm a secretary and busy or not I want to munch all day long and not on good stuff. Yesterday, I did good all day, but on the way home I stopped by MacDonalds and got the ice cream sundae (plain). Some days I do good. I was having a Protein Drink (20g-30g) at 8am for breakfast and it was holding me until lunch time, but not as of late. I have my coffee (decaf & caffeinated mixed) on the way to work. Lunch some days can be salad with grilled chicken, or grilled shrimp. Sometimes I have a Smart Ones meal, canned tuna w/ lowfat mayo. I hate having to think about what I'm going to eat. I have such long days that I just want to eat the prepared meals and call it a day. Today I have a Smart One meal and brought in some of the bag cabbage for making coleslaw to heat up and add in to get a filling veggie. I have some restriction, but I don't know if what I'm eating holds me for 3-4 hours because I'm munching. I see myself losing inches, but then I lose my mind!!! Now it seems like I think about food all the time. Before the surgery I didn't. I need help!!!