Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I know it's not easy but ...

I know exactly what you mean. I think for me, it's going to be something I deal with every day, for the rest of my life, and it really does have to be one day, sometimes one minute at a time.

There is a lot of comfort in knowing that I'm not alone.

As I said earlier, I'm glad I have my band, and I was prepared to deal with emotions, but that doesn't make it any easier. Some days I'm grateful, and proud of my accomplishments, other days I think, Just who am I kidding? Those are less, but they're still there.

I guess it's just life on life's terms.

Debbie

I am so glad I found this thread today... It's nice to know that I'm not the only one that hasn't had an easy time of it. I'm going in to see my surgeon today after 6 months of no weight loss. I fully expect to get yelled at. I've gained 5 pounds.

I'm just over a year and a half out -banded June 2008- and have only lost 60 pounds. (yes, I know that's a lot but I really thought I would lose all of the weight by now. I still have 30 - 40 pounds to go) I love being thinner and think I look cute, and then I realize that I'm still considered a "big" girl.

I get so frustrated sometimes with my band! Ever since my last fill it's been slime and pb city. Sometimes my head hunger takes over and I'm ticked because I can't eat more. This winter has been especially hard for me because I've been craving comfort foods like chili or Beans with cornbread.

It sounds like you are either too tight or are eating too fast, or a combination of both. There is no reason you can't make chili that you can eat. I make some great dishes like that- chili, stews, chile verde using pork loin or turkey or chicken and small amounts are very satisfying..Now the cornbread- that's a weakness for me too so I avoid it. what are you eating? This could be a large part of your problem with head hunger. if I don't get tasty, satisfying foods that are also Protein dense I feel hungry and deprived.

As to when you "should lose all the weight by" that is an individual thing and just don't set your goals so high that you sabotage yourself in the process. don't give up- you've ost 60 pounds- that's great...Go back to basics..Please feel free to PM or email me and since Imanaged to knock off 250 pounds while eating good, tasty foods you may want to take a look at my blog and see if you can find some useful information there. It's at Sandi's Banded Living — My Lapband Weight Loss Success Story

This thread is fab, but I just had to share. I was banded on 17 December 2007 and had a BMI of about 35 when i was banded (having lost a shedload of weight anc changed my ifestyle before the op onthe advice of my surgeon).

The band did work well for me, although I had to go through a period of adjustment and I had to learn that eating was no longer a solution to frustration.

I knew I h ad made it on New Years Eve last year. I was in the supermarket carpark queueing to get out and getting frustrated, just like everyone else, having been queueing for ages. Anyway, I had all 4 kids in the car plus hubby - and we were all trying to be cheerful, laughing and mucking around.

Suddenly woman in huge car tries to shoe-horn herself and car into my driving seat - someone else always wants the bit of road my car is sitting on. Anyway, we carried on being jovial and then, suddenly, this daft old bagage has climbed out of her car and is banging on my window.

So how is this a good thing? Well, the good thing comes from what she said to me: Don't you laugh at me YOU FOUR EYED COW!

That was fabulous! She hadn't called me a FAT cow! WONDERFUL!

Sorry, just had to share!

That is fabulous. I laughed so hard I cried! May I share the BEST WOW moment I ever heard from anybody else with other people?

Thanks for sharing.

Please do go ahead and share it. She probably couldn't understand why it made me smile. BTW, I wear specs - you probably guessed.

Having said that - and yes I know I am digressing - I had laser surgery a few years ago cos I had very poor eyesight (-10). My sight is still not perfect, hence the specs, but before, when people used to ask me if I could drive without my specs I used to have to admit that without my specs I couldn't even find the car. So being called a four eyed cow wasn't too bad!

Edited by Ohm
typos

First, thank you, Laptastic :sad:.

Second: Ah yes, people. Reminds me of my favorite line from Peanuts: "I love humanity - it's just people I can't stand." I have been lucky here. Wife has been loving and supportive, kids stopped making fat Dad jokes a long time ago, dog is still trying to make sense of it all, and everything else is window dressing. Co-workers: juck 'em if they can't take a foke.

Your sisters' cattiness made me sad. I hate that comment. I thought of three zingers for you, in response to "Well I could lose weight too if I had surgery.":

:tongue:"So what's stopping you? Climb up on the table and I'll make the incision right now!"

:tongue:"Yeah, too bad there's no knife sharp enough to cut through your thick, cold, insensitive skin."

:tongue:"Looks like they tried, but they forgot to close the opening beneath your nose that those funny sounds keep coming out of."

It's sad about being treated nicer, isn't it? Not for nothing is there all that talk about discrimination and prejudice against fat or obese people. I do hope, though, that I too am easier to be with and work with than I was before.

I enjoy reading your humor!!! And I concur! Seriously people! Be happy! My psych doc said to beware of the attitudes of people you least expect because of jealous and human emotions that come with your weight loss! :wub:

I am so glad I found this thread today... It's nice to know that I'm not the only one that hasn't had an easy time of it. I'm going in to see my surgeon today after 6 months of no weight loss. I fully expect to get yelled at. I've gained 5 pounds.

I'm just over a year and a half out -banded June 2008- and have only lost 60 pounds. (yes, I know that's a lot but I really thought I would lose all of the weight by now. I still have 30 - 40 pounds to go) I love being thinner and think I look cute, and then I realize that I'm still considered a "big" girl.

I get so frustrated sometimes with my band! Ever since my last fill it's been slime and pb city. Sometimes my head hunger takes over and I'm ticked because I can't eat more. This winter has been especially hard for me because I've been craving comfort foods like chili or Beans with cornbread.

"Slime and pb city," okay, new to the site. What does this mean?:sad:

My gift to myself willbe that by my 50th birthday ibe 2 and maintain my goal weight of 130lbs.1 and 1/2 years to get there wish me luck and gods grace

My gift to myself willbe that by my 50th birthday ibe 2 and maintain my goal weight of 130lbs.1 and 1/2 years to get there wish me luck and gods grace

I wish you luck and God's grace, but remember, it is not about luck, it's about choices- it IS IN YOUR CONTROL, once you have the band.

I've loved this thread, the honesty, the tears, the humor, the collected wisdom. Very useful for us newbies. Thanks, and please keep sharing.

please join us and be sure to post your questions as well - it helps us...

please join us and be sure to post your questions as well - it helps us...

Right now I'm in more of a holding phase- still need insurance approval and a surgery date- than I am in a questioning one, but I can be counted on to ask lots!

Mostly I'm just impatient now, but am trying to use my time productively by walking as much as I can, and I've gotten on a low calorie diet.

I love hearing you experienced folk- makes me look forward to my first PB or slime attack:tongue2:!

Thanks for your offer- I'll take you up on it. And I looked at your profile- you are one amazing inspiration!

Edited by AnneGG

Right now I'm in more of a holding phase- still need insurance approval and a surgery date- than I am in a questioning one, but I can be counted on to ask lots!

Mostly I'm just impatient now, but am trying to use my time productively by walking as much as I can, and I've gotten on a low calorie diet.

I love hearing you experienced folk- makes me look forward to my first PB or slime attack:tongue2:!

Thanks for your offer- I'll take you up on it. And I looked at your profile- you are one amazing inspiration!

Thank you for the kind words. while you are in hold and waiting mode,check out my blog at:

Sandi's Banded Living — My Lapband Weight Loss Success Story

Let me know if the info is helpful