Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help! I'm completely discouraged!

I have spent the last 5 weeks, 7 hours per day/5 days per week in a training class. The side affect was that I munched constantly to help me stay awake.

I have never been a fast loser, but I have lost or maintained consistently for the last two years. This is the first time I have actually gained weight since before I got my band. I am up firmly 6 pounds in 5 weeks. I still have another week left in my current training class and my supervisor just informed me that she is going to be putting me in at least two additional 1 week classes within the next several weeks.

I am completely discouraged and feeling depressed about this which is making me want to eat more.

I have been shocked by how much I have eaten over the course of the last several weeks. I haven't felt this drive to eat so consistently for a very long time and I don't like it!!!

Anybody have suggestions or could provide encouragement or anything else you can think of to get me moving back in the right direction I would really appreciate it!!

Thanks!

Hi:

Don't be discouraged. When you're ready to be a "good bandster" those few pounds will drop right off again.

I went through an extra stressful year in 2009. I got laid off after 15 years and had plastic surgery and struggled for 9 months to find a new job. From the time I had plastic surgery in May through November I gained 20 pounds. I was grazing and eating the wrong things and eating small amounts way too often. When I got my head back into the game I was able to lose 10 pounds in one month. I got as low as 174 at my lowest, but am happy at 180 to 185. I got too many comments about "have you been ill" and "your face looks so drawn" that I decided that 174 was too low for me. Anyway, I'm between 185 to 189 now and am happy at this weight. I plan to put in extra exercise effort in March to lose five more pounds so that I can be at the 180-185 level for the spring and summer.

So, chin up, and know that this will be a short-term thing. Cut yourself some slack and decide on which date you're going to start being strict about your food intake and try to get some extra exercise in. Then, go for it. Until then, relax!

It's possible that you need a fill too. I don't know when you had your last fill, but it's possible you need a little bit more.

I love my band and my new flat tummy!

Sue

Edited by Sue Magoo
forgot something.

1. you sound stressed: stress prevents most of out bodys from loosing and going back to bad habits. get a mani or pedicure.. massage haircut, scalp treatment- AKA HEAD MASSAGE W/ EVERY SALON DOES IT'S ABOUT$25.00 "pamper" your self

2. No more Munching.. I suggest you find your self a new addiction mines -DIET snapple is mine.. Chew gum sugar free get some mints. And buy any flavor of sugar free Jello and or pudding. I love the chocolate..( FIND ZERO CALORIE Snacks IF YOU MUST MUNCH..

3. Distract your self from snacking..BUY THE BIKINI OR THE DRESS OR THE DREAM..EVEN IF IT DOENST FIT YET.. think of your goal your dream.. . it's really hard when I see my size 0 co-worker chowing down on everything.

4. find a new work out routine... Water areobics, cycling, step dance, ect.. at least commit to it for 2 weeks and you should feel that giddy feeling of structure back in your life..

Good Luck I know you could do it..

Can you simply make snacking during class time a non-option? That's the route I'd take. If I'm working, I don't graze throughout the day to stay awake, so I know I'm capable of doing without. You are, too. Focus on the class, play Bejeweled on your iPhone, check Facebook...whatever.

Hi all..I just had my lapband on 2/3 and i'm finding that i'm cheating on my Phase I...I'm sneaking in some cheese here and there (well-chewed) and some Salt and Vinegar chips--(just the crumbs) I feel like I'm craving those CARBS that got me into this predicament in the first place. Any suggestions ?? thanks so much

I have a suggestion: STOP IT! Seriously---just stop it.

I don't mean that as harshly as it sounds, but you have this amazing new tool, and jeopardizing it with foods that really should be off-limits, at least at this point, is foolish.

I know you're hungry; I genuinely empathize. I'm hungry, too. But your new pouch and healing body need nutrients in the right amounts at the right intervals. Making wise choices will help reduce your hunger.

Potato chip crumbs really WON'T. They will just fuel the fire, and make you want more.

So, stop it. Nip it in the bud. Find something else to do---or even something else to eat.