Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2morrow will b 1week since my 2nd fill n oh how its been rough. N yes i have lost 11lbs n a week im 189 :-) but when i try 2 eat a bite of meat of course i chew n chew n chew then when i swallow all hell breaks loose n my chest n it hurts like hell. Is this real restriction? Is there something that i can do 4 this besides just going 2 sleep n pain? Thanks n advance for all comments n suggestions.

Hmmmm maybe you are too tight? How long have you been like this? Is it with every bite of food? How are you doing with liquids? Maybe you should slow down, do some soft stuff. My 3rd fill got me to 5.5 in a 10cc band. The first week was awesome! It seemed perfect now I am loose again...its so wild how everyone is SOOO different.

As we all are different: I would say you are to dam tight as my own experience, Now for you use your own thought process to figure out what you want to do. I did what I thought what I wanted and I ended up going in and getting some taken out. listen to your body. You will know what to do. Make sure your drinking plenty of Water? If not get an unfill so you can drink very important. Trust yourself I am sure your smart. Good luck.:angry:

hmmmm maybe you are too tight? How long have you been like this? Is it with every bite of food? How are you doing with liquids? Maybe you should slow down, do some soft stuff. My 3rd fill got me to 5.5 in a 10cc band. The first week was awesome! It seemed perfect now i am loose again...its so wild how everyone is sooo different.

it has been like this since last tues 26th that was my 2nd fill i gt 4ccs n my 1st fill i gt 6ccs n had little restriction for about a week then i was able 2 eat anything. Now since fill #2 i cnt eat meat. Liquids n mushies r ok but i cnt eat a bite of chicken.< /p>

Im excited about the weight coming off i just dnt know if this is what restriction feels like.. Maybe i will try cutting the chicken or whatever kind of meat up n tiny pieces

it has been like this since last tues 26th that was my 2nd fill i gt 4ccs n my 1st fill i gt 6ccs n had little restriction for about a week then i was able 2 eat anything. Now since fill #2 i cnt eat meat. Liquids n mushies r ok but i cnt eat a bite of chicken.< p>Im excited about the weight coming off i just dnt know if this is what restriction feels like.. Maybe i will try cutting the chicken or whatever kind of meat up n tiny pieces

yes i am getting my liquids down. Im drinking yes im drinking

It sounds like you have good restriction and now the "bandster rules" are really kicking in. If you are still getting mushies and liquids down, you may not be too tight but are finally feeling what "restriction" is really like. It's something that you hear and read about a lot at the beginning but can't really "get" until you experience it for yourself.

Try giving yourself a day's rest on just mushies and liquids, to make sure that any swelling from previous "stuck" episodes has gone down, then start to introduce meats and solid foods slowly.

You need to cut your meat into TINY bites - about the size of your pinky fingernail - and chew until liquid. Pause for a few seconds between each bite and listen to your body. Don't take the next bite until you are sure the first one has gone down.

One way to achieve the right "pace" when eating is to not cut up all your meat in advance. Cut a tiny piece and put it in your mouth, then put your knife and fork down while you chew and swallow; pick up the knife and fork and cut the next piece, etc. This gives you time between each bite to feel the results and determine if it is safe for another bite.

If you still get stuck on meat and solid foods when eating in this way, then it is time to think about maybe you are too tight. If that's the case, don't let it go on too long. It is a miserable way to live and can be very damaging to your health long term.

It sounds like you have good restriction and now the "bandster rules" are really kicking in. If you are still getting mushies and liquids down, you may not be too tight but are finally feeling what "restriction" is really like. It's something that you hear and read about a lot at the beginning but can't really "get" until you experience it for yourself.

Try giving yourself a day's rest on just mushies and liquids, to make sure that any swelling from previous "stuck" episodes has gone down, then start to introduce meats and solid foods slowly.

You need to cut your meat into TINY bites - about the size of your pinky fingernail - and chew until liquid. Pause for a few seconds between each bite and listen to your body. Don't take the next bite until you are sure the first one has gone down.

One way to achieve the right "pace" when eating is to not cut up all your meat in advance. Cut a tiny piece and put it in your mouth, then put your knife and fork down while you chew and swallow; pick up the knife and fork and cut the next piece, etc. This gives you time between each bite to feel the results and determine if it is safe for another bite.

If you still get stuck on meat and solid foods when eating in this way, then it is time to think about maybe you are too tight. If that's the case, don't let it go on too long. It is a miserable way to live and can be very damaging to your health long term.

thanks so much fanny. I will start cutting up my meats into tiny pieces. now that I know I cn do better