Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

PBing much too often!!

I was banded on 7/8/09...

and I am concerned that things are getting 'stuck' and I am PBing much to often! I know at times, its MY fault..too big of a bite, not chewing enough, eating too fast..etc.

HOWEVER... I am getting frustrated, bc there are times that i CHEW CHEW CHEW and the food still gets stuck! One day, I can eat eggs, chicken..etc. and the next day..I cant!

I week, I have NO problem, the next I feel like everything gets stuck! What gives! I dont want my band to slip!

Thanks!

Edited by Agnes

bump............

what size is ur band? Ur at a 7cc so your pretty tight if you have a 10cc band. I have a 10cc band and I went to the doc a few days ago and got a fill. Im up to 6.7cc and ever since then I slime/throw up often. I now have to REALLY adjust my eating behavior/habits. I chose foods carefully and eat it slowly. There will be times when some foods will go down certain days and not go down other days. We just have to be aware of what might get stuck so that we can STAY AWAY from them when were eating in public! :confused:

what size is ur band? Ur at a 7cc so your pretty tight if you have a 10cc band. I have a 10cc band and I went to the doc a few days ago and got a fill. Im up to 6.7cc and ever since then I slime/throw up often. I now have to REALLY adjust my eating behavior/habits. I chose foods carefully and eat it slowly. There will be times when some foods will go down certain days and not go down other days. We just have to be aware of what might get stuck so that we can STAY AWAY from them when were eating in public! :confused:

My band is 11cc..

thats the wierd thing...i think I am def eating more that the "handful" amount? I guess i will just have to be careful and really concentrate on the eating...

OMG..and I def had some EMBARRASSING moments in public!! LOL

Thanks for the reply

Your meal should fit in a styrofoam coffee cup.

What are you eating, when were you filled, and most importantly when do you PB? Is it directly after a meal? In between meals?

Your meal should fit in a styrofoam coffee cup.

What are you eating, when were you filled, and most importantly when do you PB? Is it directly after a meal? In between meals?

yeah, i def eating more that a styrofoam coffee cup size, LOL I mean, i dont eat ALOT...but I feel like i should be filling on less?

i think it depends on WHAT I am eating. I eat alot of salad.

my PB is usually during the meal.

i was last filled Dec 4th

Edited by Agnes

Try cutting it down to the coffee cup, even if you have to eat an extra meal.

PB'ing during a meal is less worrysome than between meals.

Could you be not be chewing well enough? Could you be chewing too well(my fill tech said pulverizing food is bad for you as well).

I would note things that make you PB and write them down. I noticed that salty foods always made me PB. My fill tech thinks I am nuts and laughs every time that I tell him that. I told him the same thing about eggs which he though was odd since I have a realize band. Bottom line I think is that these bands are still fairly new. Everyone is still learning about what works and what doesn't. My fill tech has since changed his tune about salty food and eggs.< /p>

what works for you may make me slime, and vice versa. Feel free to experiment, just make sure to not repeat any mistakes more than you have to.

Try cutting it down to the coffee cup, even if you have to eat an extra meal.

Could you be not be chewing well enough? Could you be chewing too well(my fill tech said pulverizing food is bad for you as well).

I would note things that make you PB and write them down. I noticed that salty foods always made me PB. My fill tech thinks I am nuts and laughs every time that I tell him that. I told him the same thing about eggs which he though was odd since I have a realize band. Bottom line I think is that these bands are still fairly new. Everyone is still learning about what works and what doesn't. My fill tech has since changed his tune about salty food and eggs.< /p>

what works for you may make me slime, and vice versa. Feel free to experiment, just make sure to not repeat any mistakes more than you have to.

Thanks for the feedback!

How can chewing TOO well be be bad??

and how come

If you PB in between meals most likely to are too tight and need an unfill.

As for the chewing too much I am not sure. One of his other patients almost liquified his food by chewing and once he chewed a bit less he had less PB'ing.

Just make sure not to eat around the bandd!

If you PB in between meals most likely to are too tight and need an unfill.

As for the chewing too much I am not sure. One of his other patients almost liquified his food by chewing and once he chewed a bit less he had less PB'ing.

!

no, i never PB in between meals..

but isnt ANY type of PBing not good?

and i'm sorry...but what do you mean by "Just make sure not to eat around the band"??

Just a thought, could you be confusing being full with being stuck? They feel very similar to me. I only eat 4 bites then wait at least 60 seconds before taking more food then when I get to 3/4 a cup of what I am going to eat I only take 2 bites at a time because I start getting that feeling that on the next bite it will be too much and I will get that stuck feeling. So I go from full to stuck in 1 bite. This might not be it for you, just a suggestion.

Just a thought, could you be confusing being full with being stuck? They feel very similar to me. I only eat 4 bites then wait at least 60 seconds before taking more food then when I get to 3/4 a cup of what I am going to eat I only take 2 bites at a time because I start getting that feeling that on the next bite it will be too much and I will get that stuck feeling. So I go from full to stuck in 1 bite. This might not be it for you, just a suggestion.

THAT COULD BE!!!!

however, there are also times where the 2nd bite gets stuck...so frustrating! I wish a red light would go off or something..LOL

eating around the band is eating stuff that you know will go down easy because you are worried about pb'ing. Could be chips, ice cream, Cookies, or high calorie liquids. Hth.

it does!

Thank you!!

You shouldn't focus too much on the 1/2 cup, 1 cup or whatever. In Australia a recommended meal is approx 40gm Protein + 1/4 cup starch + 1/4 cup veg . Obviously this differs from surgeon to surgeon.

The focus is more on learning to eat less but recognise when you have had enough.Eating slower helps you to do this.Also try serving your meal on a side plate rather than a dinner plate.

You don't want to get too tight because you think you should only be eating 1/2 cup and end up only being able to eat sliders.