Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I also really like the Sabra hummus. I eat it with raw vegetables mostly.I also buy the canned garbanzo Beans, drain them really well, season them with spices and put them on a baking tray and bake them to a delicious dry snack.< /p>

I also really like the Sabra hummus. I eat it with raw vegetables mostly.I also buy the canned garbanzo Beans, drain them really well, season them with spices and put them on a baking tray and bake them to a delicious dry snack.< /div>

Now that sounds fabulous! How long and how hot do you bake them? Funny how I hadn't even thought of eating hummus with raw Veggies... LOL... My Mind set was that it was supposed to go with bread... Thanks for helping me to think outside the box!

kansas, do you make your own Hummus or is there a really good brand to buy? I love Hummus and tried to make it once and it just wasnt the same as this one restauraunt I used to get it at that has now closed... I tried the one from costco and it tasted rancid... I was surprised becasue Usually costco is my no fail place to get delicious food! I would love a recipe if anyone has a good one! ANd what do you eat it with thats healthy. The restauraunt used to serve it with hot homemade indian bread which is thin almost like a pita... I'd like a healthier alternative... Maybe just eat it plain? like a side dish?

I haven't tried eating a cucumber since i have been banded (I am only 3 weeks post op), but I loved cucumber and hummas preband. cucumber has almost no calories so it is the perfect dipper and you still get a little crunch. I have tried eating hummas plain w/ a fork and it wasn't the best...although the hummas I tried had an overwhelming garlic flavor (great on a pita, but a little overpowering w/ a fork!)

I really just put them in at around 300 degrees and then just stir them around a few times until they seem dry. I am not a good cook so I guess I havent paid attention to the time!

I bought an edamame dip the other day that I really liked and will prob try making myself (beans in the food processor and some greek yogurt and spices?)I really dont use mayo anymore and I have never liked the reduced fat or cal versions of mayo so I just use the yog!

I bet you could bake the edamame Beans the same way...hmmmm

Oh I also use hummus to mix into canned tuna instead of mayo...I really like the red pepper flavor!

I really just put them in at around 300 degrees and then just stir them around a few times until they seem dry. I am not a good cook so I guess I havent paid attention to the time!

I bought an edamame dip the other day that I really liked and will prob try making myself (Beans in the food processor and some greek yogurt and spices?)I really dont use mayo anymore and I have never liked the reduced fat or cal versions of mayo so I just use the yog!

I bet you could bake the edamame Beans the same way...hmmmm

Oh I also use hummus to mix into canned tuna instead of mayo...I really like the red pepper flavor!

Yumm-O.. I'm going grocery shopping today... What is greek yogurt... I'm not a fan of yogurt in general but I keep seeing it being posted about... Where do I find it? With regular yogurt or do I have to go to a health food store?

I don't really care for cottage cheese but I have found that a can of Tuna, two hard boiled eggs and a couple tablespoons of cottage cheese go good together and make about three nice lunches...

I dont like yogurt either but greek yogurt is more like sour cream so if you put it on refried Beans or a baked potato its excellent. Its in the yogurt section but not all stores have it!

Yumm-O.. I'm going grocery shopping today... What is greek yogurt... I'm not a fan of yogurt in general but I keep seeing it being posted about... Where do I find it? With regular yogurt or do I have to go to a health food store?

I don't really care for cottage cheese but I have found that a can of tuna, two hard boiled eggs and a couple tablespoons of cottage cheese go good together and make about three nice lunches...

I just started to eat greek yogurt and I really love it. I don't normally like yogurt but I really like the consistency of the greek yogurt. You can find it at Walmart, most grocery stores, health food stores. It has lots of Protein and no fat in most. You can also add the plain greek yogurt to a Protein Drink or substitute it for sour cream.

I like a few Beans from time to time, but I have to remain low carb for blood sugar reasons. A lot of people don't realize that Beans (Legumes) are higher in Protein than most vegetables, but they are only about 50% protein. That means that the other 50% is Carbs. They are really good for you but you may want to limit quanity because of the carb thing.

Personally, I am a big fan of making my salads with baby spinach... much more nutritionally beneficial!!! And its not as hard-edged and other types of lettuces. Delicious as well!