Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Keith Mcewen - Awesome Doctor / Horrible staff :(

I went through an entire process to have my surgery with Dr. McEwen. I found him to be a really wonderful person and doctor and he answered every question I had, as well as being very patient and understanding. He's a very peaceful personality and was felt good about my original choice in having him do the surgery. Unfortunately I had a very horrible experience with his office manager / executive manager. :unsure:

I had a very hard time getting through to this office most of the time getting a voice mail or answering service. I would leave messages and never receive return calls. I was told by the executive director that if I called multiple times in a day that my file would go to the bottom of the file, which I never called more than once in a day and explained that as well. While talking to the dietitian, who was very knowledgeable and kind, told me that their office had a staffing issue and it was only her and the executive director running the office at that moment. *CAUTION* signs went up to me.

I, like every other person going through this process was feeling quite emotional about it and was a bit scared I guess for my upcoming procedure. She quickly referred to my history saying she knew from looking at my psychology reports that I was going to have to get help for my emotional issues from my therapist.

The executive director then advised me that I was free to find another surgeon which I did. I had to start my approval process all over again as well as go through extensive testing prior to surgery which was not required by Dr. McEwen's office. In the long run it was the very best choice I could have made only because I could not have had a long term relationship with this office due to their executive directors unprofessional behavior.

I had my surgery at St. Vincent and Dr. Margret Inman did my surgery. I am not sorry at all that I made the change.

Jodi, this thread is from last January. I suspect the poster has moved on. :frown:

Dave

I have selected Dr. McEwen for my surgery. I've been very impressed with his staff and their follow up. I feel like a real person, not a number. I'll update as time goes on. Having my consults next Tuesday. Excited!!!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      Just for fun last week, I ran two 5Ks in two days, something I would have never done in the past! Next goal is a 10K before the end of this month.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

Amazing! Congrats!!! Watch out for the sharks. 🦈

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches