Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm almost a month out from surgery and am down 17 pounds. I've been very satisfied with my band and decision to have it done.

I've read many things on here about sliming and wondered what exactly it was. Well wonder no more. I had my first 'incident' yesterday.

I am totally at fault in the situation. I knew as soon as I had eaten that last bite that it was a bad idea, but usually I can walk it off.

Are there any standard warning signs of this or is it just a one-by-one basis? I definitely don't want to experience it again.

I'm almost a month out from surgery and am down 17 pounds. I've been very satisfied with my band and decision to have it done.

I've read many things on here about sliming and wondered what exactly it was. Well wonder no more. I had my first 'incident' yesterday.

I am totally at fault in the situation. I knew as soon as I had eaten that last bite that it was a bad idea, but usually I can walk it off.

Are there any standard warning signs of this or is it just a one-by-one basis? I definitely don't want to experience it again.

There is what they call "soft stop" warning signs... I believe those include running nose, hiccups, burping. maybe a couple more that I dont recall off the top of my head.

A warning before you slime...ummmmm. Nope, I dont' get one, but I usually know that I shouldn't take the bite that does it to me. You know the feeling, you are satisfied, but it tasted so good you just want that last bite, so you do it! Yep, that is it. I do, however realize AFTER the bite is swallowed that it was a BAD idea and the sliming will probably begin.:)

I don't get any warning. Just a dang it! Really? You dork! After I swallow the offending item.

Sometimes it is even a while after swallowing that it hits.

I feel the same way. Just don't know when one more bite is going to be too much. I guess slowing down is probably a good thing to do.

I have no warning...but as everyone else said you usually know when you shouldn't take another bite...and it is so hard not to do it!

What is worse and I've only done it a couple of times is when it gets so bad I'm trying to get the slime up I end up vomiting...then my stomach is irritated and mostly have to do liquids for a day or two! So try not to push it!

I have been slimed too. It always makes me vomit. Once in a cafeteria. Couldn't make it to the bathroom. If I eat and take time in between each bite it usually won't happen because I will recognize I am full. Then I can never take one more bite or I get the slime. Once after sliming I got so tight I couldn't eat for a day and a half. Definitely learning here.

I was banded on 1/5/10 I dont beleive I havn't experianced this sliming.. When it happen's will I know? I don't mean to get graffic.. but I'm assuming it's the urgency feel like a vomit or a choke.. w/ lot of stomach Fluid. Only reason I ask is because ever since I've had this procedure, I felt more flemmie and post nasal drip... and have a lump in my throat.. Most of the time I feel full I stop because I'm in fear in what could happen and some times if I just pushed myself I get the shoulder pain ( with liquids or heavy foods)...

I get tight in the band, hiccup and or burp. But have had "one more bite" a few times and then......slime. Nasty!

I was banded on 1/5/10 I dont beleive I havn't experianced this sliming.. When it happen's will I know? I don't mean to get graffic.. but I'm assuming it's the urgency feel like a vomit or a choke.. w/ lot of stomach Fluid. Only reason I ask is because ever since I've had this procedure, I felt more flemmie and post nasal drip... and have a lump in my throat.. Most of the time I feel full I stop because I'm in fear in what could happen and some times if I just pushed myself I get the shoulder pain ( with liquids or heavy foods)...

It isn't stomach fluid, it is more like excess saliva that your body produces to try to unstick the food that you shouldn't have eaten. It will make it come up easier. Definitely not like vomiting since there isn't any stomach acid, but not fun either.

It really isn't anything like throwing up. It is more like a burping up but there is saliva that comes up too. It doesn't have stomach acid, there is no wretching, it just kind of comes up. I look for restrooms at restaurants just in case I will need it. When the food comes up the pain in your chest stops and it is over. You will know when it happens, but don't worry about it. Some people never experience it. I have had alot of problems with it, even with a loose band. Tracy

I too have a very loose band, really need to get in for a fill....I slime/get stuck when I eat too fast and that happens when I am hungry....it is very painful for me until the food passes(up or down) Depending on how long it take and weather I have to throw up or not is how I determine when I can eat again. When I eat slow, I can eat forever, I just get real bad gas. Almost as uncomfortable as being stuck, but not as scarry...